Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty says its a YES

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Does that mean we'll find out today!? :)

As Bwian said, if so many people know it's a Yes, why not announce it today!! Regardless, if so many DO know it's a Yes, then I'd be surprised if some serious leak didn't happen today.....

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Do so many people know? I mean, really know? I thought was all sources and moles passing stuff on. Does anyone on here actually KNOW know?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Do so many people know? I mean, really know? I thought was all sources and moles passing stuff on. Does anyone on here actually KNOW know?

I meant civil servants, govt officials, no doubt people like Ivor Caplin and Lord Bassam, probably some people at the club (whether they know officially or not), Ian Hart's "source", OTLW's "source", etc, etc. Possibly Lord Bracknell, and maybe one or two others on here.....remember the last announcement - quite a few folk on here (Bozza, Lord B, etc) knew the day before the announcement was made, and if you looked at their postings on that day very carefully you could guess the decision. I've been trying to do the same this time round, but nothing clear has emerged.....yet!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jim in the West said:
quite a few folk on here (Bozza, Lord B, etc) knew the day before the announcement was made, and if you looked at their postings on that day very carefully you could guess the decision. I've been trying to do the same this time round, but nothing clear has emerged.....yet!
So you're not including OTLW in the list of those who know?

The waiting would've been a lot more bareable if we hadn't been told the decision would've been made earlier this week.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Triggaaar said:
So you're not including OTLW in the list of those who know?

The waiting would've been a lot more bareable if we hadn't been told the decision would've been made earlier this week.

concur

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sorry Kinky, today is Wednesday, for a multitude of reasons I couldn't sleep, one of which is the tension over Peggy Mitchells ongoing fued with Johnny Allen. I am led to believe that we may hear tomorrow, Thursday, although that might mean that all the relevant parties hear first in advance and then the decision is officially announced on Friday.
If it tunrs out to be a No, my source might well have to take advantage of his friends and family discount at Ian Hart Funeral Service.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Just so everyone knows, i'm sleeping fine. I feel a bit groggy and slip in and out of excitement and trepidation, but life goes on. I'm just looking forward to that first post-falmer-decision pint whether that be this evening, tomorrow, Friday or Monday. I think it will be ok.

D

Deleted User X18H

Harty are you now saying your statement of Monday Night was based on info that was likely recieved from OTWL which now appears to be dis-credited by Marin Perrys message to Lord B

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
This is the longest week ever! FACT

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
No Hove B and B, I took a call on Monday from a very reliable source who told me that it was a definite YES and that the news would come through on Thursday, with the possibility of the local Labour MP's being involved in some kind of PR show.
The source is very good, with strong links to both the club and in local politics, he's not that familiar with NSC so he wouldn't have seen anything on here beforehand and basically I would trust him with my life, he's not going to piss about making things up or ringing me with this news unless he believes his information to be true.
If he's wrong I'll hold my hands up, I've not that much credibility to lose but I will be extremely surprised if this was the case.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Harty said:
Sorry Kinky, today is Wednesday, for a multitude of reasons I couldn't sleep, one of which is the tension over Peggy Mitchells ongoing fued with Johnny Allen. I am led to believe that we may hear tomorrow, Thursday, although that might mean that all the relevant parties hear first in advance and then the decision is officially announced on Friday.
If it tunrs out to be a No, my source might well have to take advantage of his friends and family discount at Ian Hart Funeral Service.

cant blame you - in some ways i wish it was thursday, not for Falmer but to see how Johnny Allen takes being roughed up.

I mean i am waiting for falmer.....

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Harty said:
No Hove B and B, I took a call on Monday from a very reliable source who told me that it was a definite YES and that the news would come through on Thursday, with the possibility of the local Labour MP's being involved in some kind of PR show.
The source is very good, with strong links to both the club and in local politics, he's not that familiar with NSC so he wouldn't have seen anything on here beforehand and basically I would trust him with my life, he's not going to piss about making things up or ringing me with this news unless he believes his information to be true.
If he's wrong I'll hold my hands up, I've not that much credibility to lose but I will be extremely surprised if this was the case.

Reckon I know who told you. Suprised to hear they may involve the local Labour MP's but I guess it shows they have faith in the decision being final and conclusive. I think JP's overiding of the planning inspectors by putting sport as a matter of national interest will set a precedent. Winning the Olympic bid certainly done us a favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here