Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty - please get DK on the phone in on Saturday

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
El Presidente said:
The main thing that has changed is that the money has run out.

The board budgeted to be at Withdean for 3-4 years, and to subsidise the club for that period. As we all know it is now double that period, and the initial money invested in the club has disappeared in operating losses and the Falmer inquiry.

I'm sure that's correct - but it doesn't stop us offering £150,000 for various players though and thats BEFORE the CKR money!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Kinky Gerbils said:
Word home boy -In fact its been longer than the ummer - plyers should have been lined up as soon as the Seff Wed game was over - but noooooooooooooooo decide t f*** around with the contracts for 2 months then wonder why all the decent payers have gone and no one wants to join

Ah yes but then the excuse world and cup will be spouted in certain sections....

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
El Presidente said:
The board budgeted to be at Withdean for 3-4 years, and to subsidise the club for that period. As we all know it is now double that period, and the initial money invested in the club has disappeared in operating losses and the Falmer inquiry.

Well thats a bad bit of business planning, in my old company we waited 5 years to get planning permission to build an aircraft hanger, but not once did we take it for granted that we would get it and continued to budget for our higher costs having to lease facilities elsewhere, in fact it was on our banks instructions to do this.

As Martin Perry seems to have said there was no plan B.

We need to know why that was allowed to happen.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Marty McFly said:
That shows a lack of ambition.

As a FAN of the club I want promotion...and so should the management, etc...

To say you would settle for mid table shows a lack of ambition.
I've seen some shit posted on this board over the last few weeks but this just about tops the lot. Where have you been the last 5 years? If I was a player looking from the outside in and had a choice of here or Blackpool at the same money I'd go to Blackpool because they have a (nearly) proper ground and don't have the same off-pitch baggage that we have. All the time the stadium decision is up in the air we are going to have all kinds of trouble getting players to come here. If McGhee goes then we'll have real problems getting a decent manager as well. We might have confidence in the Falmer decision going our way but to those less well-educated about our club it loks like we are in proper dire straits - losing money hand over fist and playing in one of the worst grounds in the league - there are Conference sides with a better set-up than us.

Of course I want promotion and I'm sure the club do too, but get real - IT WILL BE A BLOODY MIRACLE IF IT HAPPENS

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rougvie said:
As Martin Perry seems to have said there was no plan B.

We need to know why that was allowed to happen.

I think it would have been commercial suicide to admit to there being a plan B - as everybody would have then demanded to know what it was and then there would have been endless debate about the two sites. It would also deflate the club's public stance that there is no other site.

The plan B appears to be building Withdean up by an extra 2,000 seats. Maybe planning to build it up by even more, in case things drag on with Falmer. Which they undoubtedly will. Tho with the playing side being run down at the present rate, they won't need to be installed for a while.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tom Hark said:
I think it would have been commercial suicide to admit to there being a plan B - as everybody would have then demanded to know what it was and then there would have been endless debate about the two sites. It would also deflate the club's public stance that there is no other site.

The plan B appears to be building Withdean up by an extra 2,000 seats. Maybe planning to build it up by even more, in case things drag on with Falmer. Which they undoubtedly will. Tho with the playing side being run down at the present rate, they won't need to be installed for a while.

You dont need to go public either way, I have read 2 accounts of Perry saying that there was no plan B.

He really should just have said nothing.

If I were one of our creditors I would be seriously having my doubts about the method on which we do our business plan if they are done on the basis of if's and buts re Falmer, we might as well revert to the back of a fag packet.

Rougvie said:
You dont need to go public either way, I have read 2 accounts of Perry saying that there was no plan B.

He really should just have said nothing.

Whilst I have criticisms about how the board is running the club, I don't blame MP for his stance on the "no plan B" issue. Success with Falmer depends upon there being no viable plan B. Perry has to make people believe this, even if it makes him look like a bit of an amateur at times.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Easy 10 said:
It IS that big a deal though, isn't it.
This transfer window deadline hasn't just sprung up out of nowhere. We've had ALL SUMMER to get reinforcements in, and once again each and every target has fallen by the wayside for one reason or another. We've been left scrambling around at the last minute (again), and ended up with precisely f*** all. The squad is paper thin, full of kids, no leadership, and a manager at the helm who is seemingly powerless to do anyhing about it.

This is grim.

I find myself in complete agreement with you!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lokki 7 said:
Whilst I have criticisms about how the board is running the club, I don't blame MP for his stance on the "no plan B" issue. Success with Falmer depends upon there being no viable plan B. Perry has to make people believe this, even if it makes him look like a bit of an amateur at times.

Sorry I think I have been misunderstood, I am talking about a financial plan B (i.e continuing at Withdean for more than 3/4 years).

I totally agree with there being no actual physical plan B for location as that would have been suicide, but its starting to look like we put all our money in one basket when long term there was never (and still is never) any guarantees that Falmer would be built.

Any businessman would tell you that is no way to run a company.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Goring Gull said:
DK willnot get on the phone in we are losing games - if we were winning you wouldn't be able to stop the fcuker hogging the airwaves.

Mate, with the greatest of respect, you're a f***ing idiot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Goring Gull said:
DK willnot get on the phone in we are losing games - if we were winning you wouldn't be able to stop the fcuker hogging the airwaves.

Unfortunately this has proven to be the case in the past so why should he suddenly want to go on the phone in with Harty, who he appears to dislike anyhow.

Last edited:

Rougvie said:
Sorry I think I have been misunderstood, I am talking about a financial plan B (i.e continuing at Withdean for more than 3/4 years).

I totally agree with there being no actual physical plan B for location as that would have been suicide, but its starting to look like we put all our money in one basket when long term there was never (and still is never) any guarantees that Falmer would be built.

Any businessman would tell you that is no way to run a company.

Sorry, hangover from hell today clouded my reading of your post, thanks for the clarification. And I agree.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Marty McFly said:
That shows a lack of ambition.

As a FAN of the club I want promotion...and so should the management, etc...

To say you would settle for mid table shows a lack of ambition.

As a FAN of the club I want a stadium for us to play football in, then I will start worrying a lot about things like promotion.

The really really f***ing depressing thing these days though is people are bored of hearing that, and that makes me worry more about the survival of the club than LDC cos noone would have stopped us before, cos we would have never given up. These days people only seem to get angry about stuff like transfer deadline day rather than at the real f***ing ****s who put us in this position.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We have sold CKR for £150k which is a knockdown price but better than pay his wages when he doesn't want to play for us. Offering Barnet £150k for Kandol shows intent of bringing in a goal scorer but when they are looking for double that, you're screwed straight away. The real culprits are LDC who are rubbing their hands at the thought of our club going bust - we cant let this happen. They know by being sly and devious that they can drag on the appeal processes as their ultimate goal is to see that Falmer never gets built. Holding up the decision on the new stadium means another 3-4 years at Withdean, with a limited budget we cannot fritter away money as some fans say they wont go and watch the team there will be even less money in the coffers.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
dougdeep said:
I can't believe some of the anti-DK stuff on here, he was a fan before most of you were born. There wouldn't be a club without him. Why can't some of you believe he is doing his best with sod-all resources.

I doubt he was a fan before me Doug, but he has become his own worst enemy. The last we heard from him was that we had bid for Dichio and was spouting on about all the people saying we had no money to buy players were wrong!!
Well here we are planning to buy a player for £150k before we sell CKR, so I now think in his terms that is £300k in the budget.
But still no signing and on top of this the wage bill for players gets smaller and smaller.
So yes I do think there's is a massive bad PR excersise going on here.
They dont call us fans anymore, we are mushrooms who are kept in the dark and fed bullshit.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here