Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty - please get DK on the phone in on Saturday

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
Two years paying a guy to sit on the treatment table would not have cost £25k. Possibly ten times that :rolleyes:

What an paying 150 grand for a argie isnt

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
vulture said:

Yes that was a mistake.Move on.Every club makes bad signings

algie said:
So Steve.Would you blame the fans for not turning up now because they have been let down time and time again.You have to draw the line somewhere.Why watch a team get stuffed?It hurts and pissses you off

No I wouldn't blame fans - it's a free country. We will get stuffed in some games but we will still win quite a few with our current players. Knight has to factor that into his calculations when the Barnet chairman asks him for £300k.

My feeling is that Brighton fans will create a lot of noise and grumble mightily, but most will still come as most are loyal and will put up with disappointments. After all, midtable in League 1 is still better than where we were in the first two years at Withdean. And our main fixture this season is still with Lewes, boring though that is.

Last edited:

vulture said:

But you've put your finger on precisely the reason why we won't take risks. The board are suffering transfer shellshock from Turienzo, I think that's pretty clear.

Easy 10 said:
Start lowering your sights to midtable, and don't be surpised if we end up sailing uncomfortably close to a nasty shock...

Er, sorry I've said midtable for months now so I don't have to lower anything :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
No it isn't - but Dick Knight clearly said at the beginning of the season that midtable would be acceptable. So why the surprise?

Dick Knight has absolutely no way of picking and choosing where in the division the club will finish. It might be his plan, and he might think it'll just happen if we muddle along, but that level of complacency is very dangerous.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:
Er, sorry I've said midtable for months now so I don't have to lower anything :)

Midtable with a few positives for next season is good! Midtable & wondering how low we're gonna go next season is'nt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
During the summer I'd also forcasted midtable this season, but I hadn't taken into account the fact that we'd
(a) be signing nobody, and
(b) losing CKR, who I had high hopes for this year.
Factor that in, and I really don't think we can take midtable for granted any more. I think we're in the shit.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
London Irish said:
No it isn't - but Dick Knight clearly said at the beginning of the season that midtable would be acceptable. So why the surprise?

That shows a lack of ambition.

As a FAN of the club I want promotion...and so should the management, etc...

To say you would settle for mid table shows a lack of ambition.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Easy 10 said:
During the summer I'd also forcasted midtable this season, but I hadn't taken into account the fact that we'd
(a) be signing nobody, and
(b) losing CKR, who I had high hopes for this year.
Factor that in, and I really don't think we can take midtable for granted any more. I think we're in the shit.

:( i agree with you

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
DK willnot get on the phone in we are losing games - if we were winning you wouldn't be able to stop the fcuker hogging the airwaves.

British Bulldog said:
Midtable with a few positives for next season is good! Midtable & wondering how low we're gonna go next season is'nt.

Positives are there if you can be bothered to look. Lynch, Cox breaking through to the first team, Robinson looking more dangerous, the next lot of youth like Fraser, Chamberlain, Loft and Rents giving Palace the runaround on Wednesday...........my feeling is Dick Knight's bottom line is those players developing to the point where they are viable options for the first team this time next season. I think they look on course for that.

Last edited:

vulture said:
Yes you do.Youre f***ing smug level

Sorry, that's vital to combat the foul smells emerging from ARS :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here