Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty can you please explain to me what a window licker is?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So this Gene Hunt quote;

"this investigation is moving slower than a spastic in a magnet factory"

Well is this insulting and if so, did people complain to the beeb?
Actually I imagine that they probably did Piers. But in any case, Gene Hunt is a fictional character in a drama so that really is rather a poor analogy.

5 pages now (I use 40 per thread) and you really could have guessed how this was going to pan out.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I give up, and look forward to the days when all you guys are happily broadcasting whatever you want on the airwaves :wave:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Actually I imagine that they probably did Piers. But in any case, Gene Hunt is a fictional character in a drama so that really is rather a poor analogy.

5 pages now (I use 40 per thread) and you really could have guessed how this was going to pan out.

But did NSC, after all it was broadcast on prime time BBC1.

Is Mark still at your place?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But did NSC, after all it was broadcast on prime time BBC1.

Is Mark still at your place?
I really have no idea. And this really isn't worth prattling on about, IMO.

And yes, Mark is indeed still here and I see from my MS Office Communicator that he sits at his desk as I type.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I'm sure if you watch re-runs of 70's sit com plenty is said that is deemed offensive today

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm sure if you watch re-runs of 70's sit com plenty is said that is deemed offensive today
Almost certainly, and I think that's the point of Gene Hunt. He's a parody of those times so any such criticism of his dialog is misplaced.

My opinion is that Hart said something he shouldn't have and he apologised. If anyone feels that is an inadequate response (and I could understand why some might feel that way I suppose) they should take it up with the BBC and ask for his removal, and they should do that instead of carping on about on here.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
On the argus website, there is some suggestion (in the comments section) that Hawsey and Harty have been suspended by SCR - is this true?

(sorry if mentioned earlier in thread)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
On the argus website, there is some suggestion (in the comments section) that Hawsey and Harty have been suspended by SCR - is this true?

(sorry if mentioned earlier in thread)

Well according to many on here they've done nothing wrong... :rolleyes:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I fall asleep on the train regularly and probably do end up licking the windows...

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I thought I'd just throw my lot in with the moral minority here. He shouldn't have said it on the BBC, it's out of context with the programme (unlike the aforementioned Life on Mars which parodies the 70s) and as such it could offend. By such `political correctness` the common usage of such terms as `n*gger` and `sp*stic` which used to be commonplace in the 70s - has been mostly eradicated - and society is much the better for it (IMHO). As for Ian Hart's devotion to the Albion, his years spent supporting the club etc - that is completely irrelevant. He needs to temper his frequently sexist and arguably racist remarks - to say nothing of this latest faux pas - when broadcasting on a programme where such remarks are completely out of context with the discussion.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
can you please explain to me what a window licker is?

musiccatalog_a_aphex-twin-windowlicker-cd5_aphex-twin-windowlicker.jpg

As the person who sits opposite him I can confirm that TMLS is a window licker, a benny on the loose, a spacka, a retard and on good days a flid.

Is he a Joey too?
By the way I'm a Benny on the loose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here