Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartlepool - Ineligible Player [Merged Threads]

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We should be awarded the match and it should be recorded as a 3-0 win to us , with Hartlepool automatically relegated.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I am sure that if Hartlepool do get points docked we won't get them.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
They should have to forfeit the result, so we get awarded a 2-0 win, plus a fine for them on top of that.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
im sure ive seen this in the conference table-

*deducted two points for fielding an inelligible player

Cant remember if it was when it was two points for a win or not, but im sure we wont profit from it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It happened in League One, f*** All will happen except maybe a small fine and a wrist slap. If it had happened in the Premiership we'd be hearing about it for a week and the team would be docked the points.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Behave yourselves, as if the FA are going to replay the game or give us the points :lolol:

Hartlepool contacted the FA themselves and alerted them of the error, they've been charged and I'd be very surprised if anything more happens.

Why not? Being that it is (probably) a dead rubber game should be neither here nor there. No doubt some 'bright spark' will point out that he didn't score, so the result should stand...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I think a few other clubs at the foot of League One will be a bit pissed off....if you can get away with a fine, then it makes a mockery of the whole suspension system - rich clubs would just ignore it.

Agreed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why not? Being that it is (probably) a dead rubber game should be neither here nor there. No doubt some 'bright spark' will point out that he didn't score, so the result should stand...

He didn't score - so the result should stand :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He didn't score - so the result should stand :smile:

That's beside the point. He may have made the tackle which gave them possession to go on and score.
I think they should be deducted the 3 points they won but nothing should be awarded to Brighton.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They should have to forfeit the result, so we get awarded a 2-0 win, plus a fine for them on top of that.

A football Association or league can award points or deduct points but cannot award a score as there are specific ways in which a goal can be scored according to the rules and laws of the game. When I was on Surrey FA we often came across this problem and usually if time permitted ordered the game to be replayed and fined the club or if not deducted the points and awarded them to the opponents with a 0 - 0 score line.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Hartlepool Fielded Ineligible Player

Can't see it mentioned anywhere......Hartlepool fielded an ineligible player against us on Easter Monday - Gary Liddle was suspended after picking up ten bookings yet still played for them.

Could be three more points in the bag for us.....

seagull3655

Jan 3, 2010
Hartlepool fielding an illegimate player

What all this about a possible points deduction for pool after the fielding of an ineligible player against us last week?
:wozza:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I imagine Hartlepool will lose the 3 points from the game, don't expect them to be given to us however.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here