Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hart and Mayo - should we have signed them?

Who deserved a contract?

• Both of them.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • Neither of them.

Votes: 54 35.5%
  • Hart.

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • Mayo.

Votes: 16 10.5%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That at best is a bold statement.

At worst it is fairly insulting to the player.

I'd personally say it is VERY insulting to the player.

Its basically alledging that he will pocket the contract, sit back and put in zero effort. It accusses him of being completely unproffessional, which whatever people's views on Mayo's footballing merits, is hugely unfair.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Then again, I guess if your experience of watching most matches, is gained with your back to the action, your knowledge is likely to be pretty flawed.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Finally anyone, and im guessing its not many on here, who made the long haul up to Gillingham and saw the two of them run themselves in to the ground week in week out despite being surrounded by some of the worst footballers to have graced the professional game can not begrudge them an extended stay!...... Good times!

why don't we bring back stuart storer and ross johnson while we are at it?

and i was a season ticket holder during the gillingham years :)

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
That at best is a bold statement.

At worst it is fairly insulting to the player.

Has an element of attempting to pass your opinion off as fact.

Passing opinion off as fact? That is the biggest and most frequent 'crime' committed on NSC these days.

It's one of the reasons why NSC is far less entertaining, amusing, interesting and informative than it used to be.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's one of the reasons why NSC is far less entertaining, amusing, interesting and informative than it used to be.

Its one of the reasons. I could think of a couple of others, but it would be unfair to name them personally.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Passing opinion off as fact? That is the biggest and most frequent 'crime' committed on NSC these days.

There was once a golden age where you could talk about football, be fairly opinionated, but people would listen to what you said, maybe disagree, but would not belittle.

Then the dark evil age of London Irish descended and things changed forever, he maybe gone, but his legacy lives on.

A small band of people how do like to talk about a sport in a civilised fashion can be found in the cricket threads.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was once a golden age where you could talk about football, be fairly opinionated, but people would listen to what you said, maybe disagree, but would not belittle.

Then the dark evil age of London Irish descended and things changed forever, he maybe gone, but his legacy lives on.

A small band of people how do like to talk about a sport in a civilised fashion can be found in the cricket threads.

Each to their own, I found this place far more interesting before LI flounced.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was surprised that Wilkins released Kerry Mayo at the end of last season as he had a good run in the side. He offers very solid back up to Richards at left back

With Harty, I was less surprised at his release. However, it sounds like he was not well managed last season and the two games he played at the end of the season at Forest and Leeds he did fine. I hope under a manager he believes in and will play him if he deserves it, he will get back to his old form.

Overall, both offer solid back up. I trust Micky Adams as he has watched them in training and the friendlies. It is his decision but of course some people like Richie Morris would criticise Adams even if he signed Ronaldo as they have Wilkins issues still. Why not just get behind the team?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I have to agree with you there Uncle Buck, I used to post a lot on this board but now spend most of the time keeping my thoughts to myself.
The amount of sniping that now goes on is incredible. It is shame, because as you say you could discuss your opinions without getting verbally abused.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I have to agree with you there Uncle Buck, I used to post a lot on this board but now spend most of the time keeping my thoughts to myself.
The amount of sniping that now goes on is incredible. It is shame, because as you say you could discuss your opinions without getting verbally abused.

Or you could just post your opinions and not give a f***.

:thumbsup:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Or you could just post your opinions and not give a f***.

:thumbsup:

But aren't forums supposed to be about opinion? As long as you don't personally Verbally attack someone on a thread (for which the mods here are very good and almost always ban people) then what is wrong with giving your opinion?

A pedant writes:

You cannot VERBALLY attack/abuse anyone on a messageboard.

The best you can do is INSULT them by writing something but unless NSC has suddenly gained total interactivity I don't hear anyone shouting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here