Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hart AND Mayo set to be offered new deals

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Zebedee said:
The question I have to ask is whether Mayo would get into any other League 1 side or indeed whether any of our rivals would want him, even on a free. I doubt it very much.

:angry:

Orient did. He turned them down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Provided Mayo is being employed as a left back and not a right back I approve

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
I agree but would prefer him to push Sam Rents for a place so that neither is guaranteed a start.

Be good to have a bit of competition, I sincerely hope Reid is in midfield next season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
If Bertin stayed that would solve the right back problem because we could put El Abd there in his best position , I think.

Sadly I think Bertin is destined for at least the Championship however hope springs eternal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Beach Hut said:
Sadly I think Bertin is destined for at least the Championship however hope springs eternal.

I think that you are probably right but we can but hope and pray that he has a wonderful piss up in Prague and wants to stay with 'the boys'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
B.W. said:
So, offer him the lowest possible wages you can under the offending clause, and beg him not to sign... whoever put that clause in, as has been said earlier, is a MORON...
Most likely one from...

Dick Knight
Steve Gritt
Martin Hinshelwood
Micky Adams
Steve Coppell
Mark McGhee

Name your moron...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
This reminds me of what fans said about Nathan Jones two years ago.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The Large One said:
Most likely one from...

Dick Knight
Steve Gritt
Martin Hinshelwood
Micky Adams
Steve Coppell
Mark McGhee

Name your moron...

steve gritt - mayo was a young and promising centre midfielder under him

hinshlewood - a real success as manager:dunce:

adams - kept his BACK-UP to jamie campbell. however, it was soon realised he was shit and so mayo played. adams then tried to replace him with jones, but he was so much of a success at left wing that mayo played the season at left back

coppell - if he had of let mayo go he would of been an idiot - he was extraordinary that season - his one outstanding contribution

mcghee - :dunce:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
This reminds me of what fans said about Nathan Jones two years ago.

as far as i was aware most people were wanting jones to stay, as with harding gone we always knew we would struggle at left back. this was one of mcghees first major cock ups

also, didnt jones state in the press even if he were offered a new deal he wouldnt sign it as he wanted a fresh start?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
It was COVENTRY.;)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Scotty Mac said:
as far as i was aware most people were wanting jones to stay, as with harding gone we always knew we would struggle at left back. this was one of mcghees first major cock ups

also, didnt jones state in the press even if he were offered a new deal he wouldnt sign it as he wanted a fresh start?

Did rather look like shooting yourself in the foot releasing Jonah.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
what people seem to be failing to understand about these clauses is that if the players who have them were shite then they would not be picked for enough games to trigger them.

If Hart/Mayo/Uncle Tom Cobleigh had only played 10 games each last season then this would all be irrelevant.

Mayo (38 games) and Hart (28 games) were clearly valuable members of the squad last season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mustela Furo said:
what people seem to be failing to understand about these clauses is that if the players who have them were shite then they would not be picked for enough games to trigger them.

If Hart/Mayo/Uncle Tom Cobleigh had only played 10 games each last season then this would all be irrelevant.

Mayo (38 games) and Hart (28 games) were clearly valuable members of the squad last season.

:clap: :clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Or due to injuries and the inability to get other players in we are left having to resign players in close season due to the fact that we had no choice but to play them. Not to good duing the main time of transfer activity.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Mustela Furo said:

People are way too quick to slag off players like Mayo.

Ok hes not the world greatest left back but were in LEAGUE ONE and we have next to nothing in the bank so we cant just go out and buy another left back!

Mayo has been and still is a valuble member of the playing squad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here