Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp's latest outpouring

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's no pleasing some people. Every match Spurs have played in the Champions League has had great goals, drama, sendings-off, comebacks etc and Spurs have been a breath of fresh air when compared to "The Big 4" for the last decade.

Football's about entertainment. So what if Redknapp's like he is? The football is great viewing. I don't particularly like Wenger, but his side have also been excellent in the CL and, again, exciting to watch.

Until it gets to the final I cant be arsed to watch the Champions League to be honest.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
First two were Pens, third one was harsh but they get given, they should of had one, Thud should have been sent off, first pen should have been retaken, There right Midfielder should have been sent off, as could of there goalkeeper.

Just an average night at the lane.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
There's no pleasing some people. Every match Spurs have played in the Champions League has had great goals, drama, sendings-off, comebacks etc and Spurs have been a breath of fresh air when compared to "The Big 4" for the last decade.

Football's about entertainment. So what if Redknapp's like he is? The football is great viewing. I don't particularly like Wenger, but his side have also been excellent in the CL and, again, exciting to watch.

There is a distinction to be made between the man, his morals and his history to which there are those that wish to denigrate and the club and its footballing exploits.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You are the only man in the world who could even consider comparing Champions league, La Liga and multiple time Serie A winning Fabio Capello to a Muttley look-a-like spiv who likes a brown paper bag choc full of used notes.

Perfect description - just perfect.

There is a distinction to be made between the man, his morals and his history to which there are those that wish to denigrate and the club and its footballing exploits.

It's the same with a lot of walks of life. There are countless examples of writers, musicians, artists etc who are total shits but produce great works. It's a lot lower down the scale but 'Arry does produce decent teams, even if he does make Arthur Daley look like Albert Schweitzer

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I dislike redknapp as much as the next person. He is, however, quite good at his job. Not the best but you can usually rely on him to get his teams playing some pretty decent football.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Well, come on. 3 bloody penalties. .

I'll admit the handball penalty was dubious, and wouldn't have been given in most games - but it was technically handball. We got 3 penalties, but I don't see your point? Who's to say we wouldn't have scored 3 goals from the 3 penalty incidents ? ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll admit the handball penalty was dubious, and wouldn't have been given in most games - but it was technically handball

So was the one by Crouch though, so I don't blame Twente for feeling aggrieved.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Harry is a good manager people say he is dodgy (Probably Is) but isn't that like most managers in the Prem They all do underhand things

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
So was the one by Crouch though, so I don't blame Twente for feeling aggrieved.

Neither do I. Not one bit, but I don't understand the attitude of "they got 3 penalties, so it's not good management". If Harry played Bale left back, we wouldn't have one the 3rd penalty.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Well, I like him and hope he becomes the next England manager. No lack of excitement like we have with our current tool.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't see why people seem so passionate about 'Arry. Has anybody calling him a cock ever met the guy?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Neither do I. Not one bit, but I don't understand the attitude of "they got 3 penalties, so it's not good management". If Harry played Bale left back, we wouldn't have one the 3rd penalty.

The three penalties distorted the game. I cannot say if it was good or bad management....it is difficult to say..unless Harry set his team up to get penalties. But, Harry seems to think it was his tactical genius...this is my issue.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His team won 4-1 against a side that just drew with the European Champions. Give the guy a break!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The three penalties distorted the game. I cannot say if it was good or bad management....it is difficult to say..unless Harry set his team up to get penalties. But, Harry seems to think it was his tactical genius...this is my issue.

Did he? can you show me where he says that please?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Erm, check yesterday's papers, or read the quote in my opening post.

Neither say anything which you are suggesting, He said he picked a team to win a game, they did - he did his job correctly.

Luck is part of football, Its not really Spurs fault they got awarded 3 pens is it?

I hate the man but your just being a bit of a tit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here