Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp's latest outpouring

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If he wins the Champions League with Spurs some will still say hes shit

If Capello wins anything for England i will gladly say i was wrong and he will be a hero of mine forever.
You are the only man in the world who could even consider comparing Champions league, La Liga and multiple time Serie A winning Fabio Capello to a Muttley look-a-like spiv who likes a brown paper bag choc full of used notes.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ahhh, Harry, Harry Harry. Another of my favourite topics :lolol:

Proof, if any was needed, that all you have to do to get the media eating out of your hand in this country is to throw them a few easy quotes every week, no matter how false or blatantly self-promoting they might be.

An utter, utter shyster and a total mercenary who leaps in to claim all the credit for successes, and is always several miles away when the time comes to allocate the blame for failure. A man who carefully cultivates his reputation as a genius in the transfer market, but who hilariously gets the hump at the term "wheeler dealer", who blatantly taps up other clubs' players then pretends he did nothing of the sort when those clubs complain:

23 July: "I like Crouchy but he's not a priority. I just feel that for that type of money it is an awful lot - no disrespect, but Peter's 28 years old and his salary is high. There's no return when you pay that type of money."
- 27 July: Signs him.

- 2 Aug: "Signing Bassong? It's not true. He's a player that I was interested in. He's a young player with a good future but the chairman has not made an offer."
- 6 Aug: Signs him.

- 31 Jan: Attacks Rafa Benítez for claiming he'd publicly unsettled Robbie Keane: "The comments I made, there was absolutely nothing wrong with them. I don't know why the manager of Liverpool gets upset about everything - it's strange. I just said Robbie's a terrific player and a good lad, but he belongs to Liverpool so it's not a possibility anyway. It's crazy. I never mentioned I was interested in him. It was never a goer."
- 2 Feb: Signs him.

Yes, he has made a few good signings in his time, but he has also made dozens of completely crap ones. All of which he conveniently forgets about. I wonder what Marco Boogers is doing these days? He only hits the mark by virtue of the sheer number of signings he makes. If you throw ten thousand darts, even the worst player will eventually hit the bullseye.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Crouch, was 50 / 50 tussle not a pen
Bale was not touched, not a pen
Pav, the guy turned away from it not a pen
Huddlestone should have had a Red card for GBH

Van da man cracking player though!!!!

I am saying this because I agree with all the others Harry is a total bellend and he thinks he is good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a grip man. 2 of those were stone wall. The third was harsh but are given to 'big' clubs.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
More Redknapp blame-shifting:

Harry Redknapp, in Bern before Tottenham lost to Young Boys on Tuesday: "The artificial pitch looks fine, a good surface, very good. Much better than QPR's used to be, that's for sure."

Post-match: "It's not an excuse, but I played on AstroTurf myself at QPR and hated every minute of it. I don't agree with AstroTurf."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't Peter Crouch commit an identical handball in the Spurs box shortly before the one that Twente were penalised for?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
You are the only man in the world who could even consider comparing Champions league, La Liga and multiple time Serie A winning Fabio Capello to a Muttley look-a-like spiv who likes a brown paper bag choc full of used notes.

And the nail is firmly struck upon the head.

He's just a football version of an old style eastend gangster who people would give the time of day to because 'he's a luverly son to 'is old dear' and always 'looks after 'is own'.

Despite the fact that said gangster goes round terrifying people and cutting their throats out.

An utter cant who has a record for being an utter self-promoting, self-styled good guy of football.

Well fortunately millions of pople see him for what he is.

a grubby, nasty, devious, rubber-faced crook who but for some increadible good fortune is sitting on a bench coaching a premier league team rather than getting stuffed up the harris by some f***ing great faggot in Wormwood Scrubs.

C@nt.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Pavlyuchenko shot from the edge of the area, hits the defenders arm IN THE BOX... Penalty? Was given coz the players hands/arms were in an un-natural position.. hence up in the air.... Harsh, but still a penalty.

Others have addressed the other penalties, but to this point in particular:

From the laws of the game:
Handling the ball
Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with
the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into
consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an
infringement

• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.)
counts as an infringement
• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an
infringement

This whole "his arms were up"/"you can't raise your arms" thing is nonsense.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Harry, never one to shy away from telling everyone how good he is, has once again been banging on about what a great coach and tactical genius he is. I will spare you the full blather where he explains his tactical brilliance, but it ends with "I picked the right team and we won 4-1."

Now, I must admit did not watch the game but I understand Spurs were awarded 3 penalties. 3 is quite a lot, and I'd back most teams to win if they were awarded 3 penalties.

Tool.

Jesus, you really are obsessed by Redknapp aren't you? You don't like him, we've already got this form the previous 76 threads you've started about him. Isn't it time to move on?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Amazing, don't you think, how he managed to afford a place like this on an AFC Bournemouth salary?

article-1033330-025DAB97000004B0-465_224x423.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I watched the highlights and thought only the Bale one was a definite penalty.

Crouch and the other chap were tugging each other and Crouch appeared to slip on the greasy surface. I didn't think the arm striking was a handball.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd better be fair to 'Arry here, just read that he didn't buy the Sandbanks place until 1998, so not on his Bournemouth salary. His income would have increased significantly by then....

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
could the Mods respectfully set up a 'Blame it on 'Arry' sub forum?

I cannot articulate precisely what I despise about him but I would reckon that he was probably one of the first 'with all due respect to [name of smaller football club] merchants'

As already mentioned he takes the accolades for acquiring a team squad with millions then is nowhere to be seen when it all goes pear shaped later on.

:hilton:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He could easily get a mortgage on that.

Yeah, I did just clarify that above. The Times article said he bought the land in 1998, demolished the existing property then built that ugly mock Tudor thing in its place. Don't know what it would have been worth in 1998 but I'm sure he had sufficient sources of income by then to afford it....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's no pleasing some people. Every match Spurs have played in the Champions League has had great goals, drama, sendings-off, comebacks etc and Spurs have been a breath of fresh air when compared to "The Big 4" for the last decade.

Football's about entertainment. So what if Redknapp's like he is? The football is great viewing. I don't particularly like Wenger, but his side have also been excellent in the CL and, again, exciting to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here