Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Redknapp's latest outpouring

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Neither say anything which you are suggesting, He said he picked a team to win a game, they did - he did his job correctly.

Luck is part of football, Its not really Spurs fault they got awarded 3 pens is it?

I hate the man but your just being a bit of a tit

Fair enough. You win. I'd better rewind and praise Andy Murray's tennis brilliance when he 'beat' Nadal and advanced to the Australian open semis then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm bored with this now..... but to summarise: 'tool', 'total bellend' and 'massive prick'

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I dont know how good he is, but he has stayed in the game and succeeded more than failed and continues to deliver some success for Spurs at the moment so he must be doing something right and good luck to him.

I am not aware that he has actually been found guilty of any tax avoidance stuff but most clubs and managers seem to deal on the edge of illegality, with such large sums involved maybe it an inevitability.

The prejudice is borne out of a cockney accent and whereas we think Wenger is astute we then think Redknall is a spiv.

Wenger snatches youth prodigies from established European Clubs and works tirelessly in the murky world of African football and gets plaudits for his endeavours, whilst once again we turn on one of our most successful English managers.

Its what we do best !!!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don't. I think Wenger is a total cock

You may not but the general consensus is born out of a prejudice.

I dont lose sleep over it, but we do tend to think that a foreign manager can offer some positive attributes that our own managers can't.

We're lead to believe that they can offer a certain sophistication and nous to a club and it is quickly accepted by the fans.

I happen to think that our foreign imports, managers and players cannot believe their luck.

They are on a gravy train of their dreams and whereas some have been brilliant, many have offered nothing that an English counterpart could.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Hmmmmm. Wenger has built a team playing the beautiful game. He has delivered championships, cups, a European Cup Final, champions league football every year. In his time the Club has built a new stadium and in an era where Clubs have struggled to deal with their finances and stay near the top of the league he has delivered. And he has built a youth system that is bringing through real quality players.

Harry meantime has won a Cup. Fraudulently. The whiff of corruption has followed him around from club to club who he has typically left in financial meltdown. He concentrates on first team - and is apparently not concerned with the club.

Clearly Wenger is the cock.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You may not but the general consensus is born out of a prejudice.

I dont lose sleep over it, but we do tend to think that a foreign manager can offer some positive attributes that our own managers can't.

We're lead to believe that they can offer a certain sophistication and nous to a club and it is quickly accepted by the fans.

I happen to think that our foreign imports, managers and players cannot believe their luck.

They are on a gravy train of their dreams and whereas some have been brilliant, many have offered nothing that an English counterpart could.
Personally, I think there is a degree of truth in what you're saying, but using Arsene Wenger as an example of this is ridiculous when there have surely been far, far worse foreign managers than him. Arsenal haven't won anything for 5 years but then look at the budgets of the only two teams who have won anything of note in that time. In the meantime, Arsenal have never failed to qualify for the top table, and they've built arguably the finest stadium in the land off the back of his success.

And as for Redknapp, I'm fairly sure that he is a better manager than his detractors give him credit for, but he has the demeanor and track record of a total spiv.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hmmmmm. Wenger has built a team playing the beautiful game. He has delivered championships, cups, a European Cup Final, champions league football every year. In his time the Club has built a new stadium and in an era where Clubs have struggled to deal with their finances and stay near the top of the league he has delivered. And he has built a youth system that is bringing through real quality players.

Harry meantime has won a Cup. Fraudulently. The whiff of corruption has followed him around from club to club who he has typically left in financial meltdown. He concentrates on first team - and is apparently not concerned with the club.

Clearly Wenger is the cock.

I should stress that I think Wenger is a good manager - just a complete cock as a person. I also think Redknapp is a good manager too - but he's also a complete cock as a person.

As I said above, you do have to separate their abilities from their personalities.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I should stress that I think Wenger is a good manager - just a complete cock as a person. I also think Redknapp is a good manager too - but he's also a complete cock as a person.

As I said above, you do have to separate their abilities from their personalities.

Redknapp = complete cock, massive prick, tool, total bellend.....keep 'em coming.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Personally, I think there is a degree of truth in what you're saying, but using Arsene Wenger as an example of this is ridiculous when there have surely been far, far worse foreign managers than him. Arsenal haven't won anything for 5 years but then look at the budgets of the only two teams who have won anything of note in that time. In the meantime, Arsenal have never failed to qualify for the top table, and they've built arguably the finest stadium in the land off the back of his success.

And as for Redknapp, I'm fairly sure that he is a better manager than his detractors give him credit for, but he has the demeanor and track record of a total spiv.

I didn't make myself clear, I happen to think Wenger is one of the foreigners that has been brilliant.

My point was more as a comparison to recruitment of players and our own prejudices towards each man.

Redknapp has been decent at it, but we assume that he has done it like a second hand car dealer, generally based on his cockney persona.

Whilst Wenger has undoubtedly been fantastic at it and we mostly accept that he has been and continues to be astute whilst some of his actions could be considered just as 'shady' as Redknapps.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

It is funny - I do not feel I know Wenger at all. But I feel I do know Rednapp.

Wenger seems to keep himself to himself outside of team affairs - which I quite like.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You think he's talking shite, you see Barry Fry's latest

THE Battle of London Road has been branded "the most violent football match ever."
Peterborough and Notts County are facing FA charges after TWO mass brawls marred Tuesday night's game.

One player said: "It was the worst violence I have ever seen on a football pitch. There were no handbags, only right hooks."

County won a thrilling League One match 3-2 but it was the aggro that made the headlines.

It all kicked off after Posh midfielder Grant McCann was sent off for scything down Alan Judge on 66 minutes.

In the melee that followed, punches were thrown after players from both sides squared up to each other.

County's Ricky Ravenhill was given his marching orders in injury time before all hell broke loose again at the final whistle as players and coaching staff from both sides got involved in another massive punch-up.

The player, who asked not to be named, said of the first clash: "Normally in these incidents players just end up pushing each other but this was nastier.

"Nobody was holding back - proper punches thrown. Then, when the final whistle went, it was almost like the bell to signal the start of round two.

"This time both benches and even players who had been sitting in the stands came on to the pitch to join in."

Barry Fry, Posh's director of football, accused ref Andy Woolmer of causing the brawl and said he and County chiefs will fight the FA charges expected to be levelled at them today.

Advertisement

Fry insisted: "As I've seen it both sides were upset by the referee. It wasn't the players who were at fault.

"After the game one of the Notts County directors reckoned the FA should charge Woolmer with inciting a riot instead of charging our clubs.

"If they did they would have my full support.

"I've seen Andy Woolmer ref 60 or 70 games at all levels but that was by far the worst I've seen him."

Cambridgeshire Police confirmed the FA had already been in contact with them and the situation could result in a criminal investigation.

Peterborough boss Gary Johnson added: "It was indicative of the game, it started ugly and finished ugly."

Yeah Barry, it's definately the ref's fault

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here