Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harley and Sparrow

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Non existant 2day.Bridcutt might aswell have been by himself in the centre we are seriously lacking creativty in mid and conversion upfront.coventry is now a massive game with southampton coming up after

I think, like many on here, you are over exagerating a tad. From my persepective Harley was very good first half then did sod all in the 2nd. Sparrow again was 6/7 out of 10. He is one of those players people have a knack for seeing what he doesnt do and not what he adds to the team. He is the only midfielder who has that aggresive, snappy mentality like Andrew Crofts did. My patients with both players is high and I am confident they are up to the Championship.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I,ve said all along our midfielders are bloody shite and that includes dicker when fit,these are not championship players end of.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Harley is poor but he did have a good first half for once
I can kind of see why Poyet plays him
However when it comes to the grind he goes missing and is not what we need against the well organized teams in our division

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I am afraid to say Harley went missing second half today, he bottled at least 3 challenges today. You cannot be serious championship contenders without 11 players on their mettle.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Harley was useless in 2nd half, could not believe we wasn't subbed off. Looked lazy and scared to challenge for the ball then when he did get the ball his passes were utter shit.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
dont blame midfield ...we had chances...didnt take them..and that includes our golden boy CMS and he knows it

We did create enough chances to get back in the game today but it will become more & more difficult to win games if our midfield (and bridcutt is excused) let players come on to them with no challenges. Thought we were the better side for 15 mins second half today and if a pen had been given (nailed on) Paynter had scored or CMS taken one of the chances scoreline could have been different. It would only however paper over the cracks our midfield are showing.

Im still unsure about Tanno long term.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I thought that both had good games and am sure that people have a fixation with them even before they start that they will be rubbish.

Agreed!

Losing today was nothing to do with those two. Reading exposed both our full backs lack of pace, we missed 3 clear cut chances (paynter x1, CMS x2) and the ref didn't give what looked to me like a clear pen.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We did create enough chances to get back in the game today but it will become more & more difficult to win games if our midfield (and bridcutt is excused) let players come on to them with no challenges. Thought we were the better side for 15 mins second half today and if a pen had been given (nailed on) Paynter had scored or CMS taken one of the chances scoreline could have been different. It would only however paper over the cracks our midfield are showing.

Im still unsure about Tanno long term.
i don't think even tana would c himself as long term :)
he himself has said in an interview i listened to he needs to b replaced asap

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think, like many on here, you are over exagerating a tad. From my persepective Harley was very good first half then did sod all in the 2nd. Sparrow again was 6/7 out of 10. He is one of those players people have a knack for seeing what he doesnt do and not what he adds to the team. He is the only midfielder who has that aggresive, snappy mentality like Andrew Crofts did. My patients with both players is high and I am confident they are up to the Championship.

This is blatantly untrue! IMHO

Harley - bottler who isnt up for playing for brighton. You can see from his body language he doesnt give a flying f++k.
Sparrow - Definitely not aggressive, doesnt really offer us anything.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is blatantly untrue! IMHO

Harley - bottler who isnt up for playing for brighton. You can see from his body language he doesnt give a flying f++k.
Sparrow - Definitely not aggressive, doesnt really offer us anything.

yep blatantly untrue ...ffs get off harleys back...course he cares...he might hav been strutting round too much at one time..but i believe he is much better than peeps like u make out...such an easy target isn't he IMHO

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We miss dicker and that says a LOT because he really is dreadful.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
yep blatantly untrue ...ffs get off harleys back...course he cares...he might hav been strutting round too much at one time..but i believe he is much better than peeps like u make out...such an easy target isn't he IMHO

Well said he will come good and be a revelation. He is improving by each game and begining to play our way.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
ffs get off harleys back...course he cares...he might hav been strutting round too much at one time..but i believe he is much better than peeps like u make out...such an easy target isn't he IMHO

First half today Harley did not stand out either bad or good. Second half though he bottled challenges, poor passes and strolled around. Was today a one off? Millwall penalty springs to mind!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
First half today Harley did not stand out either bad or good. Second half though he bottled challenges, poor passes and strolled around. Was today a one off? Millwall penalty springs to mind!

Every game he plays springs to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here