Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy St George's Day!

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Yeah,

But Englishness is a state of mind, and IKB never thought of himself as a Frenchman as far as I am aware.

Neither did his father, also a brilliant engineer. I, myself am a half breed (English/Spanish), yet have always classed myself as English. It is a state of mind, yet you could argue that some of the most rabid worshippers of St.George are in the unfortunate situation of not having a mind .... :lolol:

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
algie said:
Horatio Nelson
Churchill
Henry 8th
Isaac Newton
Charles Darwin
Francis Drake
George Stephenson
Frank Whittle
Enoch Powell
Roger Waters

Forgot about Cook

you've forgotten Cook yet you've included Powell and Roger waters :rolleyes:

What about Brunel?, if you've got Newton you have to have Faraday, and then there's Disraeli.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ozymandias said:
Neither did his father, also a brilliant engineer. I, myself am a half breed (English/Spanish), yet have always classed myself as English. It is a state of mind, yet you could argue that some of the most rabid worshippers of St.George are in the unfortunate situation of not having a mind .... :lolol:

In the words of the Great Chrchill..."Oooh Yes!"

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
The Large One said:
Already had the Brighton & Hove St George's Day Luncheon last Friday. Thousands raised for charity, and a thoroughly pissed up afternoon.

Oh, and St George is also the Patron Saint of Syphilis.

and what a top day out it was too, Bernard Manning was quality which is more than can be said for John Virgo!

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Gwylan said:
I'm not for it. We already get two holidays in May and Easter is normally in April. So, most years we get four holidays in six weeks: yet, we get nothing between August and Christmas.

Let's have a November holiday.
There already is one that is celebrated by more people in this country then St Georges Day. To our great shame it's an immigrant festival, Diwali

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Happy St Georges Day,

I hope you are all proud to be English and celebrate by drinking a fine Belgian Beer or Fench wine, whilst sitting on your Swedish furniture, whilst watching American TV shows on your Japanese TV, eating the finest Indian food, whilst wearing your favourite designer Italian labels made in China

Cheers
:drink:

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Churchill
Brunel
Wellington
Nelson
Rhodes
Cpt. Cook
Darwin
Shakespeare
Thomas Moore
Francis Bacon

NOT SURE WHY GARY RHODES IS IN THE LIST WHY NOT KEITH FLOYD:flameboun

Dandyman

In London village.
algie said:
Horatio Nelson
Churchill
Henry 8th
Isaac Newton
Charles Darwin
Francis Drake
George Stephenson
Frank Whittle
Enoch Powell
Roger Waters

Forgot about Cook

So ...

One Anglo-American, one Welshman, one racist **** and a hippie twat.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A great day to be English (well 75% anyway)

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
it should be a bank holiday as its my BIRTHDAY today and I amd 30. Thanks for the happy burfday fred you fackers.....GRRRRRR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here