Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond - due a bad season?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
£750k is high, but hard-working, scoring central midfielders, who can pass the ball, are good in the air, have potential to improve, are prepared to take responsibility for penalties, lead by example and captain their team are not exactly thick on the ground.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hes is till quite young and learing his trade.

Also midfielders tend to peak around mid - late 20s anyway...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Quite a bit lower personally, is it me that's out of touch then? I'd be very disappointed with Hammond if we'd spent 750k on him.

I think we'd struggle to get 750k for Lynch who is a much better prospect imo.
Maybe worth a poll re Hammond I think
I know you're a bit of a pessimist Icy but £750k for Lynch?? He is worth three times that (at least).

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i like hammond ok he does annoy me at times but i like him would be 1 of the 1st names on my team sheet week in week out

he does do everything at the same pace and occasionally gets caught ball watching

noticed both those on saturday

when they broke in the second half seemed to be casually getting back although he was only just behind the play and then a couple of times in the game balls dropped not far from him and he was left watching when i would have liked to see a challange

he offers us a steadying influence in the middle of the park and scores goals, dont care if they are from the spot you have still got to put them away and they all count.

would like to see him charging forward more with the ball as he has a lot power,showed this in the last 15 mins of the chester friendly when he did that twice once he went through and alex got on the end of it and then he went straight through the middle and won a penalty.

also he needs to be more confident of hitting the ball from edge of the box,was at time at gillingham when the defence seemed to be opening up but instead of cracking it he passed?

but can't see what the problem is with deano

think he has come and heeps since wendy took over and he gained the captaincy

but still done think he is worth 500k let alone more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here