Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond - due a bad season?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So now the scape goat is hammond for all our problems.

When we have hounded him out who next ?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

Saying a player isn't playing well enough to be in the team and making him a scapegoat are 2 very different things.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Saying a player isn't playing well enough to be in the team and making him a scapegoat are 2 very different things.

At first until one leads to another............Henderson for example

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
At first until one leads to another............Henderson for example

Hendo I agree with 50%. He made enough f*** ups to be blamed for certain things but it didn't help that the pro Kuipers lot were getting on his back.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

appears that kuipers is wilkins scapegoat

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Hammond is the club captain. Although young, he has played a number of games now and has been captain for a year.

No player can play well every game. I rate brian Horton as our best ever captain. There were games where his touch was off but he was always 'the captain' and drove others on.

Hammond must stop disapearing in games. he must lead. If he wants to make it big in the game then he has to show he's big enough to make (& take) it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No player can play well every game. I rate brian Horton as our best ever captain. There were games where his touch was off but he was always 'the captain' and drove other on.

I agree with that, he was our best penalty taker too.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I have a feeling he might be carrying an injury. I think dean Hammond has done enough at this club to earn himself some time, the top scoring, player of the season captain that he is.

I love the way that some people call for his head and fail to come up with an alternative. Some of you jokers are priceless. Get a grip people.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
That's the problem, isn't it? He was fantastic last season, and no sane person is going to be calling for us to get rid of him, but at the moment he is off the boil. The problem is that there is NOONE to come in and take his place for a few games until he rediscovers some form, so he's left in the team to struggle.

Or, looking at it was slightly rosier tinted speatacles, recover his form.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That sounds about right to me.

Do you think it should be higher or lower, IG?

Quite a bit lower personally, is it me that's out of touch then? I'd be very disappointed with Hammond if we'd spent 750k on him.

I think we'd struggle to get 750k for Lynch who is a much better prospect imo.
Maybe worth a poll re Hammond I think

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
One of the things I found most interesting thing about that article is that it's based on the Yeovil game, the same game that spurned this thread. I like Dean Hammond a lot, but £750k is too high a valuation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here