Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond clearly moved to a MASSIVE club

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You actually do have cyber strops and I can feel it sometimes.
You can tell that by the way he posts.Starts to get abusive.Classic sign of a weak person.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Jeeeez it is the Board that is the accused !!!

As for 'who would put up with it'.

Any likely Manager that doesnt have any other options other than their current £10,000 a week salary !!!

I'm sorry. I thought the allegations were squared at DK, see all your previous posts, now the whole board are deciding on a whim who to keep?

I thought it would be down to who we can afford within the wage structure as opposed to who they want to play for the team. What are we talking about here? Choosing players or choosing to sign players we can afford?

Your last point is a bit of a generalisation. A good example would be Hearts and their inability to employ decent managers and/or keep managers happy.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why would you keep quiet if you had knowledge of something that is probably relevent to so many on here.

You will decide whether to accept posts or not, thats normal.

Would you prefer for this board to close down and we only have access to Seagulls World ???

Why would she be forced to be quiet whilst you spout drivel ??

I'm not saying she should keep quiet.

But if she doesn't want to fall out with a 'friend' then why post something she can't substantiate?

We could all make up rumours to gain attention.

I generally don't believe most things related to the club spouted off on here until we get either a 'scoop' from the Argus or an official line from the club.

Everybodys spouts drivel from time to time, i'm sure you are not immune.

For the record I thought Wilkins dismissal was harsh.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Which then begs the point - why mention it in the first place?

If she really thinks DK is not fit to be head of the club, and that for him to be so is ultimately detrimental to its existence, does she not owe it to everyone to let us know what is so rotten with him?

I think she does, but many just wont accept it.

Thats fair because without 'naming names' then you might feel at ease to dismiss most of it whilst return to your own views on the club.

I guess if even if you sat down with Dick Knight or Dean Wilkins both would have their own views and even then our own conclusions would differ.

But if anyone here has had the benefit to sit down with either and have a view after that they should be free to post those views on here.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm not saying she should keep quiet.

But if she doesn't want to fall out with a 'friend' then why post something she can't substantiate?

We could all make up rumours to gain attention.

I generally don't believe most things related to the club spouted off on here until we get either a 'scoop' from the Argus or an official line from the club.

Everybodys spouts drivel from time to time, i'm sure you are not immune.

For the record I thought Wilkins dismissal was harsh.

The substantiating part is too difficult, you cant possibly say who your source might be.

Although I was in total shock when it transpired that DK had spoken to some supporters back in January 2008 that Wilkins tenure was fragile, when the Manager had absolutely no idea.

Now that was substantiated and it shocked me and no doubt Wilkins too.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think she does, but many just wont accept it.

Thats fair because without 'naming names' then you might feel at ease to dismiss most of it whilst return to your own views on the club.

I guess if even if you sat down with Dick Knight or Dean Wilkins both would have their own views and even then our own conclusions would differ.

But if anyone here has had the benefit to sit down with either and have a view after that they should be free to post those views on here.

That's the point, NO SHE DOESN'T.

She said 'Dick lied'. That was it. 'Dick lied'. Sorry, lied about what? To whom? When? Are you sure it was a lie?

When challenged, she not only won't tell us her source (fine, most can accept that), but won't actually substantiate what the lie was, who it was to, or if indeed it was a lie. So why say it? The phrase 'Dick lied' has, in itself, absolutely no value.

She has evidenty been told one side of a story, and has chosen to believe it. OK, there may be some truth in this side of the story. All that's being asked for clarity's and credibility's sake is that we understand what this 'lie' is.

She might actually be doing the club a big favour if they were allowed to judge for themselves what this 'lie' was. And even more pertinently, if she knows something, she might even be doing the club some damage if she keeps it to herself and doesn't act on this information.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm sorry. I thought the allegations were squared at DK, see all your previous posts, now the whole board are deciding on a whim who to keep?

I thought it would be down to who we can afford within the wage structure as opposed to who they want to play for the team. What are we talking about here? Choosing players or choosing to sign players we can afford?

Your last point is a bit of a generalisation. A good example would be Hearts and their inability to employ decent managers and/or keep managers happy.

DK does seem to hold a strange power within the club, if you accept that he probably isnt the most important person to allow the club to function on a day to day basis, but it seems is allowed to be instrumental in any player release or retention policy, beyond setting the 'budgets'.

Maybe the other board memebrs arent interested maybe they just agree with DK and his views on players, who knows ? but I am guessing they are aware of this impact.

We are back to wage structure etc......

Lets just say that the club might release or retain players that the clubs coaching staff might want even if they fall within any perceived 'wage structue'......

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
lets face it we need a decent midfielder at the moment.
and that long ball crap yesterday was the worst game of football i have ever paid to watch.

D

Deleted member 2719

She said 'Dick lied'. That was it. 'Dick lied'. Sorry, lied about what? To whom? When? Are you sure it was a lie?

When challenged, she not only won't tell us her source (fine, most can accept that), but won't actually substantiate what the lie was, who it was to, or if indeed it was a lie. So why say it? The phrase 'Dick lied' has, in itself, absolutely no value.

She has evidenty been told one side of a story, and has chosen to believe it. OK, there may be some truth in this side of the story. All that's being asked for clarity's and credibility's sake is that we understand what this 'lie' is.

She might actually be doing the club a big favour if they were allowed to judge for themselves what this 'lie' was. And even more pertinently, if she knows something, she might even be doing the club some damage if she keeps it to herself and doesn't act on this information.

If i recall you like to keep detail off the board of so called "behind the scenes" stuff so why is it you don't like to spill the beans?

???

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I dont know what she can give you that would appease you or offer herself some credibility.

I cant either and I recognise that when I make some comments many on here that will not accept that it is true, will dismiss it, thats life.

However some things I hear are so against good 'football' practice I have to comment.

Some might agree many will dismiss, but I am comfortable to air those views.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If i recall you like to keep detail off the board of so called "behind the scenes" stuff so why is it you don't like to spill the beans?

???

I do, when it's appropriate. What 'appropriate' is deemed as is a judgement call any of us would have to make.

I'm not criticising bhadeb for keeping her source secret - really I'm not. However, I did PM bhadeb in the same way I did you asking for some clarity to her insinuation, and, even with a genuine promise that if she did, I would keep it off here, she still wouldn't reveal the story. That's fine too, but I don't think it unreasonable to ask someone to expand on the highly ambiguous 'Dick lied'.

I did have it in mind that it was a discussion that could have been kept off the board until it was appreciated what her concerns are, and I am interested in what they are. If there is something genuinely rotten running the club, I, as a supporter - as I'm sure would many - would like to know.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I dont know what she can give you that would appease you or offer herself some credibility.

I cant either and I recognise that when I make some comments many on here that will not accept that it is true, will dismiss it, thats life.

However some things I hear are so against good 'football' practice I have to comment.

Some might agree many will dismiss, but I am comfortable to air those views.

But you are also insinuating that Dick Knight will not back his manager with players he wants and the club can afford. Can you back that up?

D

Deleted member 2719

I do, when it's appropriate. What 'appropriate' is deemed as is a judgement call any of us would have to make.

I'm not criticising bhadeb for keeping her source secret - really I'm not. However, I did PM bhadeb in the same way I did you asking for some clarity to her insinuation, and, even with a genuine promise that if she did, I would keep it off here, she still wouldn't reveal the story. That's fine too, but I don't think it unreasonable to ask someone to expand on the highly ambiguous 'Dick lied'.

I did have it in mind that it was a discussion that could have been kept off the board until it was appreciated what her concerns are, and I am interested in what they are. If there is something genuinely rotten running the club, I, as a supporter - as I'm sure would many - would like to know.

I am afraid i can see it from both Bhadeb's and your Points of view - so let's just call it FENCE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here