Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond clearly moved to a MASSIVE club

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
In the parallel universe that bhadeb lives in that IS forced. It must be if Dick Knight was involved-don't you read ANY of her crap?

Unfortunately your clueless and just think of this,

'bhadeb has more knowledge than you' , she really has. You really must be in turmoil at the thought.

Hammond didnt want to leave.

DK in his infinite wisdom had decided himself that HE himself didnt rate Hammond, irrespective of the coaching staffs views and wanted him out.

The same might be said of Hart and Mayo, but I promise you only one guy will decide who should be on the playing staff and thats DK, no doubt.

Of course he made Hammond a decent offer in the end, but it was obvious that there was no real inclination to keep him, too little too late and yes it seems he got a decent deal at Colchester and took it.

Do you expect a player to sign for a club that has a Chairman at the helm that really doesnt rate you, you gotta remember Chairman hang around far longer than Managers as was proved right, so Wilkins efforts to keep him was always likely to fail maybe even accelerating the Mangers own departure !!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If DK didn't rate Hammond then why did he offer him improved contracts and why did he say he was going that 'extra mile' to keep him?

It seems that DK was ONLY keen to sell Hammond when it became clear that he was not going to sign a contract and would leave on a free. Would the rest of the board put up with DK deciding whether he liked a player or not? No they wouldn't.

If we are claiming that DK uses his powers over a manager regarding contracts and transfers, can we then assume that DK offered Hammond a lifeline (3 month contract) when it looked as if he was going nowhere? Was it DK that offered him a contract to be the highest earner at the club?

As for Mayo and Hart, I seem to remember that we were happy to release them, I assume that was the work of DK as you suggest. But then lo and behold we have re-signed them. Is that also the work of DK?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

'bhadeb has more knowledge than you' , she really has. You really must be in turmoil at the thought.

DK in his infinite wisdom had decided himself that HE himself didnt rate Hammond, irrespective of the coaching staffs views and wanted him out.

The same might be said of Hart and Mayo, but I promise you only one guy will decide who should be on the playing staff and thats DK, no doubt.

Of course he made Hammond a decent offer in the end, but it was obvious that there was no real inclination to keep him, too little too late and yes it seems he got a decent deal at Colchester and took it.

Do you expect a player to sign for a club that has a Chairman at the helm that really doesnt rate you, you gotta remember Chairman hang around far longer than Managers as was proved right, so Wilkins efforts to keep him was always likely to fail maybe even accelerating the Mangers own departure !!

Ah, the urban myth is re-peddled.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
how does that work?

if dk was adamant he didnt want him then no offer would be made. SURELY

Dont be daft.

Well that was an option, but just maybe the buying club might then negotioate a different fee for a player soooo obviously not wanted by the selling club.

How would we negotiate a fee on a player that wasnt offered a deal ??

Especially when Hammond would of been on a free a few months later.

The Hammond camp felt that there was no real inclination for the club to sign him, although Wilkins undoubtedly did, it doesnt always fall back to the figures on any proposed contract offer.

You dont suppose the whispers some on here hear, go unnoticed by the player and his representatives do you.

I heard that DK Son was saying negative things in the Directors Box whilst Wilkins himself was there too and had to ask for that to no longer happen, c'mon these things then become important when you belatedly sit down with that persons Father !!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If DK didn't rate Hammond then why did he offer him improved contracts and why did he say he was going that 'extra mile' to keep him?

It seems that DK was ONLY keen to sell Hammond when it became clear that he was not going to sign a contract and would leave on a free. Would the rest of the board put up with DK deciding whether he liked a player or not? No they wouldn't.

If we are claiming that DK uses his powers over a manager regarding contracts and transfers, can we then assume that DK offered Hammond a lifeline (3 month contract) when it looked as if he was going nowhere? Was it DK that offered him a contract to be the highest earner at the club?

As for Mayo and Hart, I seem to remember that we were happy to release them, I assume that was the work of DK as you suggest. But then lo and behold we have re-signed them. Is that also the work of DK?

As for Mayo and Hart.

It seems that Wilkins was happy to release them, then shortly after Wilkins was out and Mayo and Hart were signed.

You dont honestly think that these were Adams priorities do you ??

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Dont be daft.

Well that was an option, but just maybe the buying club might then negotioate a different fee for a player soooo obviously not wanted by the selling club.

How would we negotiate a fee on a player that wasnt offered a deal ??

Especially when Hammond would of been on a free a few months later.

The Hammond camp felt that there was no real inclination for the club to sign him, although Wilkins undoubtedly did, it doesnt always fall back to the figures on any proposed contract offer.

You dont suppose the whispers some on here hear, go unnoticed by the player and his representatives do you.

I heard that DK Son was saying negative things in the Directors Box whilst Wilkins himself was there too and had to ask for that to no longer happen, c'mon these things then become important when you belatedly sit down with that persons Father !!!

i see what your saying, but what if the player then accepted the offer? the chairmen is then forking out more wages for a player he never wanted?

also if he is offering pittance(hoping the player doesn't want accept it), then the player and his agent would clearly inform any interested parties of this. Those teams would then offer a much lower fee knowing the player will not accept albions contract offer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As for Mayo and Hart.

It seems that Wilkins was happy to release them, then shortly after Wilkins was out and Mayo and Hart were signed.

You dont honestly think that these were Adams priorities do you ??

Well, Adams has a track record of signing players he has worked with and we did not have a recognised left-back in the squad so I am guessing it was an MA decision. MA doesn't strike me as the sort of person who is a yes man.

You have ignored the part about making an assured effort to keep him at the club over the years and whether or not you think the board of directors are happy with DK picking and choosing which players to keep.

Have you ever had dealings with DK in the past? I am curious as to how you have come to view the man with such contempt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why should this all be re hashed as I thought that DK gave a perfectly raesonable explanation at the Fans Forum and I do not believe or accept all that he says but did on this occassion.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ignorance is bliss .....

And your 'true belief' is divine...?

Your whole hypothesis contains one major flaw. In fact, it's a fatal flaw.

At the time of the contract negotiations, Dick Knight DID want Hammond to stay. To say otherwise is simply not true. Chairmen do not offer players four year deals if they are not wanted.

DK wanted rid of Hammond after - AFTER - it became apparent he was not going to sign. And he was not going to sign because he knew Colchester had made him a better offer, one which the Albion could not match. And one that could certainly not match Hammond's 'outrageous' demands. Hammond was not helped by Dean Wilkins' behaviour either.

And as for your inference Micky Adams having no choice about Hart and Mayo... now you're just being silly.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008

You are spot on

:thumbsup:

Also Dean Hammond was prepared to take a pay cut of half to stay with us from what Colchester were offering

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And your 'true belief' is divine...?

Your whole hypothesis contains one major flaw. In fact, it's a fatal flaw.

At the time of the contract negotiations, Dick Knight DID want Hammond to stay. To say otherwise is simply not true. Chairmen do not offer players four year deals if they are not wanted.

DK wanted rid of Hammond after - AFTER - it became apparent he was not going to sign. And he was not going to sign because he knew Colchester had made him a better offer, one which the Albion could not match. And one that could certainly not match Hammond's 'outrageous' demands. Hammond was not helped by Dean Wilkins' behaviour either.

And as for your inference Micky Adams having no choice about Hart and Mayo... now you're just being silly.

I agree that I do not see Adams as a 'yes' man when coming to players and Hart starting lately surprised me.

Maybe just maybe he took the post including a player or two he might otherwise not of wanted and it might be surprising what you are willing to 'put up with' when a decent contract is on the table without any other offers on the table.

But I do not wish to slag off players, but some are relevant to my argument.

DK I am assured did NOT try and the pick team the team during Wilkins tenure, however he was instrumental in affecting the players that came and went, no doubt, even if those players came within any current budget.

Your (sic) absolutely correct-I am clueless and in constant turmoil because bhadeb has more knowledge than me. So much turmoil in fact, I can't sleep at night.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
TLO getting owned by BigGully of all people.You couldn't make it up :lolol:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Where is your PROOF of this? Remember, we need proof because you are a PROVEN liar.
mate on here i have never seen proof of anything,tbh bha deb knows a lot more of what goes on then most on here,and she like us all post on here,but it looks like some of the cyber warriors have decided to bully,shame as like all on here she is bha all the way and family

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here