Votes: 12 11.2%
  • No, Halloween is BULLSHIT

Votes: 68 63.6%
  • Meh, I can take it or leave it

Votes: 27 25.2%

• Total voters

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
As I mentioned before they don't actually affect me because I live in a flat. It's the principle I don't agree with. I object to being bothered in my own home, for ANYTHING. Religious fanatics, salesmen, charity fundraisers, they're all as bad as each other. And Trick or Treaters should be included in that list too. I'd be ashamed of going to people I didn't know's houses and asking them for money or sweets. It's embarrassing and awkward and children should learn that it isn't acceptable to go around expecting strangers to give you things for free.

Well I bet most kids who's parents actually bother to take the time to take them out & have a bit of fun with their children are less likely to be homeless beggers than children who's parents neglected them as children ...... Just a thought

Not that you are neglecting your kids if you don't take them, I don't take mine but it's nice for children to have fun with their folks on these occasions

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
depends how u determin fun. and if its pissing other people off the kids are probably nobends yes. i am 100 % sure there will be muppets outside my door dressed up in whatever smashing bottles and screaming and shouting at each other. Its just and extra day of chaos as the well as friday and saturday nights.

Yeah I'm thinking more of young children (accompanied by parents)
So yeah I see your point

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw a lot of very nice girls dressed in very nice ghoulish outfits last night. I'm defo a fan.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah that's fair enough teens shouldn't do it, I'd tell em to f*** off

so as the trick part of their offer they throw paint at your windows, you'll be fine with this? just a bit of fun, you'll chuckle about those scamps as you spend an hour scraping and washing down the paint?

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Have fond memories of trick or treating in Canada as a kid in the early 70s. All seemed a lot less commercial then. For a start you'd needed to have prepared a trick or two, it wasn't just getting sweets without question. And you mostly made costumes out of sheets and stuff – it wasn't all shop-flogged tat.

But maybe I'm just being nostalgic.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
so as the trick part of their offer they throw paint at your windows, you'll be fine with this? just a bit of fun, you'll chuckle about those scamps as you spend an hour scraping and washing down the paint?
Erm..... I thought i just said teens shouldn't do it & id tell teens to f*** off didn't I ?
Hardly think 5-10 year olds accompanied by their parents would lob paint at ya window somehow.
Read my post #64 & 62

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Should this thread be titled "do you like trick or treating" instead of "do you like Halloween" ?
As I don't see what harm a Halloween party is causing anyone especially if it a kids party & they are just enjoying themselves indoors or a hall ect

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Have fond memories of trick or treating in Canada as a kid in the early 70s. All seemed a lot less commercial then. For a start you'd needed to have prepared a trick or two, it wasn't just getting sweets without question. And you mostly made costumes out of sheets and stuff – it wasn't all shop-flogged tat.

But maybe I'm just being nostalgic.

Exactly mate, That's what it should be about.... Watching a few spooky films is a fav of my children then i tell them a ghost story by candlelight before bed..... No harm in that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here