Votes: 12 11.2%
  • No, Halloween is BULLSHIT

Votes: 68 63.6%
  • Meh, I can take it or leave it

Votes: 27 25.2%

• Total voters

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Exactly this- well the 2nd part anyway. Kids like vampires, zombies, mummies etc. It's great fun for them; nobody's demanding that everybody dresses up.

Saying that, I'm off to a Halloween party in a minute. Going as a zombie rice farmer. With a rubber pig nose. Awesome.

Good on ya mate, you're not hurting anyone.... Bit of fun ain't it

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
American crap, bonfire night is our thing

This. It's a load of old cack. Give me a large box of explosives and a pile of burning timber any day.

Anyone fancy joining my facebook group? - stop haloween destroying the great British bonfire tradition. Set it up years ago. And yes I spelt Halloween wrong.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
This. It's a load of old cack. Give me a large box of explosives and a pile of burning timber any day.

Anyone fancy joining my facebook group? - stop haloween destroying the great British bonfire tradition. Set it up years ago. And yes I spelt Halloween wrong.

You lot are mental, how exactly is it killing bonfire night ?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I don't think anyone has a problem with little kids getting dressed up and enjoying themselves. It's their inflicting this "festival" on other people that is objectionable. If I get Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientologists at my door I tell them politely to f*** off as I have no interest in any of their mumbo jumbo. If I do the same to kids in costumes I get labelled a boring old fogey and risk having something unpleasant done to my home or garden. In no society should that be acceptable

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Halloween will never come close to Bonfire Night, never. Christmas doesn't come close to Bonfire Night.

But what's wrong with people having an extra excuse for some fun once a year?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
So children having fun are "nobends" ?

depends how u determin fun. and if its pissing other people off the kids are probably nobends yes. i am 100 % sure there will be muppets outside my door dressed up in whatever smashing bottles and screaming and shouting at each other. Its just and extra day of chaos as the well as friday and saturday nights.

Oct 25, 2003
So you feel threatened by 5 to 10 year olds if you don't give then a few haribo...... Says more about you I think, are you insecure ?

it's not just 5 to 10 year olds is it

loads of teenagers do it.....and often with worse repercussions.......i can't wait for all the fun i'm going to have cleaning egg off my front door

that's going to be a RIGHT laugh

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
So you feel threatened by 5 to 10 year olds if you don't give then a few haribo...... Says more about you I think, are you insecure ?

You clearly love this event. whatever turns you on. maybe you like 5 to 10 year olds come knocking at your door once a year

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I don't think anyone has a problem with little kids getting dressed up and enjoying themselves. It's their inflicting this "festival" on other people that is objectionable. If I get Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientologists at my door I tell them politely to f*** off as I have no interest in any of their mumbo jumbo. If I do the same to kids in costumes I get labelled a boring old fogey and risk having something unpleasant done to my home or garden. In no society should that be acceptable

Ain't you got nothing better to worry about, try giving them a couple of jelly babies ffs or just dont answer

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
You clearly love this event. whatever turns you on. maybe you like 5 to 10 year olds come knocking at your door once a year

I think I know what you're getting at & if I'm right you are a cock, I have 5 children & they enjoy it although I don't take them trick or treating

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Ain't you got nothing better to worry about, try giving them a couple of jelly babies ffs or just dont answer

As I mentioned before they don't actually affect me because I live in a flat. It's the principle I don't agree with. I object to being bothered in my own home, for ANYTHING. Religious fanatics, salesmen, charity fundraisers, they're all as bad as each other. And Trick or Treaters should be included in that list too. I'd be ashamed of going to people I didn't know's houses and asking them for money or sweets. It's embarrassing and awkward and children should learn that it isn't acceptable to go around expecting strangers to give you things for free.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
it's not just 5 to 10 year olds is it

loads of teenagers do it.....and often with worse repercussions.......i can't wait for all the fun i'm going to have cleaning egg off my front door

that's going to be a RIGHT laugh

Yeah that's fair enough teens shouldn't do it, I'd tell em to f*** off

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We had Halloween in Scotland when I was a nipper, many moons ago. We used to go 'guising' which was dressing up and going round the neighbours where you had to do a song or a poem some kind of party trick thing in return for sweets or an apple or some loose change. It was sort of the treat without the trick. A bit of harmless fun for kids of all ages IMHO. Can't see its changed much apart from the shops are geared up for it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here