Votes: 68 63.6%
  • Meh, I can take it or leave it

Votes: 27 25.2%

• Total voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Personally I've never understood the growing popularity of this bullshit holiday. Seems like we're getting influenced by the Yanks who seem to be obsessed with it.

Just doesn't do it for me.

But are YOU a fan?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Don't enjoy the fancy dress or trick or treating, but I do like the glut of horror movies on tv and at the cinema.

Oct 25, 2003
it's ok......just another one of those things where you're almost FORCED to have a good time

"oooh dress up it'll be amazing"

doesn't really do it for me either actually

Oct 25, 2003
one of my favourite memories was when i was living in newcastle

a load of teenagers threw an egg at our front door, my mate who was dressed as the girl from "the ring" ran out and chased them down the road

just the image of a load of chavvy kids running from a man dressed as the girl from the ring was a sight to behold

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm actually quite a miserable old sod when it comes to dressing up. I hate being told a party is fancy dress because then I have to think about a costume and I don't have a wardrobe full of stupid costumes for the sake of parties so it means making something, which I'm no good at, or hiring something - which smells and costs money.

I suppose this is the biggest reason I don't enjoy Halloween. I don't want to dress up like a ****

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
When I was about 14, I was in the house on my own about this time of year, and had two kids come to the door trick or treating. I gave them the only chocolate we had in the house, which was a choc ice each.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Don't enjoy the fancy dress or trick or treating, but I do like the glut of horror movies on tv and at the cinema.

I'm the same.
What you gonna watch?
I am in for a double-bill at my local tomorrow of Night of the Eagle (which i haven't seen) and The Innocents, a truly creepy 60s ghost tale and a certain influence on the look and feel of The Others.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
If I got bothered by trick or treaters I think I'd hate it even more. Luckily however I'm an antisocial sod and have disconnected my doorbell. Living four floors up means I'm unlikely to fall victim to eggs either. But if I lived in a proper house where dickheads were pestering me for sweets and shit I'd soon get right f***ed off. I'd probably spend the whole week prior to Halloween shitting in a bucket, ready to chuck at anyone who dared bother me.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's a series of ginger snaps movies on bbc 2 tonight, sunday and monday night. The original Fright Night is on sky movies tomorrow night (I've not seen it, but saw the remake which I found passable while watching, if forgettable after leaving).

Though my pre-order of xmen first class arrived this morning, so I may also watch that.

Oct 25, 2003
If I got bothered by trick or treaters I think I'd hate it even more. Luckily however I'm an antisocial sod and have disconnected my doorbell. Living four floors up means I'm unlikely to fall victim to eggs either. But if I lived in a proper house where dickheads were pestering me for sweets and shit I'd soon get right f***ed off. I'd probably spend the whole week prior to Halloween shitting in a bucket, ready to chuck at anyone who dared bother me.

i'm in a house in hanover.........i'm going to get MASSACRED for trick or treaters

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm actually quite a miserable old sod when it comes to dressing up. I hate being told a party is fancy dress because then I have to think about a costume and I don't have a wardrobe full of stupid costumes for the sake of parties so it means making something, which I'm no good at, or hiring something - which smells and costs money.

I suppose this is the biggest reason I don't enjoy Halloween. I don't want to dress up like a ****

You should just put on clothes that don't quite fit you any more and get caught wanking in the party bathroom and say it's your "Kevin" look.

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
hate halloween. its shithouse and the amount of TAT they sell in supermarket, grows year on year. No wonder all the stores keep needing extensions. Fucks sake its not even Christmas yet

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its bollocks.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Not keen on it more for kids but wouldn't mind doing the fright night at Thorpe park

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Not keen on it more for kids but wouldn't mind doing the fright night at Thorpe park

I actually made the mistake of going to Thorpe Park on a Fright Night a few years ago.

I thought I was being clever picking a weekday at the end of the season, assuming the place would be quiet and I'd get my pick of the rides without the painful queues. Sadly I hadn't bargained on this Fright Night promotion. The place was overrun with pikey teenagers and queues were unbearably long. Pricks in costumes came out after dark to "entertain" the crowds but just ended up being irritating.

Won't make that mistake again.

I'm actually heading out this evening to enjoy some of the White Night festivities. I hope I'm not accosted by morons in stupid outfits

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010

This. There's something I like about halloween and I'm a fan of horror films but I never bother with the activities that go with it.

I did fright night at Thorpe Park last year, on a saturday. Worst queues ever, we couldn't go on a single ride more than once and were there until nearly midnight.

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
Halloween is brilliant i love it, as with everything you only get out what you put in, as for me and the wife were of out to a halloween party, and yes dressed up, still must be great just to sit in and be miserable.......just saying mind!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here