Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half & half scarves. A discussion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
wow, that one is shocking! And is it even a half and half scarf in the usual sense of a match between the two teams (I know they played recently) of one that MK twat fans brandish on the regular?
TO be fair, that is one of a defunct club and franchise, not between AFCW and MKD.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What next - half and half shirts? (Leave it, Barber!.

Yes, yes, YES!

I would love a Brighton 1960s blue shirt with white sleeve halved with an Arsenal 1970s red shirt with white sleeve.

Would be GORGEOUS!

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
TO be fair, that is one of a defunct club and franchise, not between AFCW and MKD.

so it's one they have all the time then? The quote on it is a bit of a dig isn't it?!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So, threads bemoaning "World's xxxx creatures" get lambasted for being miserable and negative, "buzz killing" even.

But this is absolutely fine and completely agreeable? The bi-polar world of NSC...

Personally, I wouldn't buy one. I like Newcastle and have seen them live so I might have considerd buying an official half/half scarf for that one so stick on my wall, or send to my Newcastle supporting mate as a memento of Newcastle's thrashing at our hands. I don't think there's any need to universally criticise anyone who buys such tat though, if they're happy enough then who is anyone to tell them they "shouldn't"? I understand your point, [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION], and found your original post to be funny in a ranting way, but I don't agree with you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you follow Havant & Waterlooville to Liverpool and want a souvenir of the biggest (and only) day in your H&W supporting life, then it's reasonable to buy such a scarf.

Oh, you mean one of these!?

photo.JPG

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think people are being a tad pretentous about this. we arent the biggest club in the world and there not much wrong with wanting to celebrate special events. dont like them, dont buy them, but dont see the need to look down on those that do, its all a bit "im a superfan".

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
They are just about the worst piece of merchandise I think I've ever seen! I can't take any fan who I see wearing one seriously! I mean say they did a Brighton vs Palace one in march, which set of fans would want the opposing teams colours around their neck?? Stupid concept, ban them!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
In anticipation of the forthcoming FA Cup match a week on Saturday, I would like to raise the issue of half & half scarves. Principally the statement "If you are over ten years old and you buy one, you're embarrassing yourself". Feel free to disagree, but this is my take:

-firstly, the people who produce them are nothing but a bunch of parasites with absolutely no connection to either club, who sit at home scanning each weekend's fixtures and working out where they can make a bit of money by ringing their contacts at some derelict sweatshop and getting them to knock off a hundred shitty (say) Dagenham & Redbridge/Norwich polyester monstrosities. These scarves are so shit and so unofficial they can't even use the proper club badges so they just take some kind of rough approximation, an oddly shaped cockerel if it's Spurs, or maybe the town crest. Why would anyone want to give these twunts money? They don't care about the Albion, or any of the other clubs whose stuff they knock off, they just view the cup as a personal money making exercise.

-secondly, because unless it's a genuine special occasion- I would include the first game at the Amex as one of these, so those who did purchase Albion-Doncaster scarves from the club shop are just about excepted from this rule- it makes you look like a complete NODDY fan if you buy one. It's the sort of thing that fans of non league teams would do when they draw a big club in the FA Cup and all of a sudden half the town turns up, 90% of whom have never been to a game before. If you follow Havant & Waterlooville to Liverpool and want a souvenir of the biggest (and only) day in your H&W supporting life, then it's reasonable to buy such a scarf. If you support a Championship club (with aspirations of being in the Premier League) and you buy a half & half scarf because your team is playing the likes of Newcastle or Aston Villa, then you really need a good talking to. You look like a football tourist. Stoke City-Albion FA Cup scarves are just about the worst item of football CRAP I've ever seen (and I went in the Goldstone shop plenty of times).

Finally, if you needed any other proof of just how utterly wrong half & half scarves are unless you are 8 years old, a non-league fan going to Anfield, or your team is playing in a Champions League game, then this is it:

View attachment 38637

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Please don't feed the parasites at the Amex.

I BET if they DID half HALF Brighton/PLYMOUTH scarves or KNICKERS you would BE first in the QUEUE

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You don't wear a programme to show support though, do you?

I have no idea what that's got to do with it.

The thread was opened with this quote:
"If you are over ten years old and you buy one, you're embarrassing yourself".

I suggested buying it as a token of the game was the same as buying a program as a token. I never mentioned wearing it.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Peterborough are selling these in their CLUB SHOP for the fourth round tie against Norwich. That's Norwich City, by the way, the mid table Premier League club. Against Peterborough United, the mediocre Championship club. They have actually produced OFFICIAL half & half scarves.

Off the SCALE of embarrassment.

safe_image.php

Hang on - Norwich must have given their permission for this. Maybe they were flattered by the request ...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] says I have a half/half scarf.

Brighton and Hove

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What a weird thing to get so agitated about. I wouldn't buy them myself but it's a big game, so if someone, adult or child, did then that's totally cool with me. I wouldn't buy a lot of the tat in the club shop, but some of it's ok. What's the problem?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here