Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half & half scarves. A discussion.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
A comedy essential. Especially if they look nothing like the FA Cup. They are IRONIC, so that's OK. The scarves are just an excuse for parasites to scalp the day trippers and the terminally naive for money.
Thats OK then - the little one is keen on this idea and has plans for a cut out cup larger than herself. Fear not, it will look NOTHING like the actual cup.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No. No, they're not!

You wear a scarf to show your support for your club.

If you support Albion and another club equally - and want the world to know?! - you're a f***ing tool. End of.

Why not save a Fiver and write 'TOOL' across your forehead?

What next - half and half shirts? (Leave it, Barber!)

PS The Doncaster ones were official, I think? Disgusting.

I'm with Edna on this. I think that Donny was borderline-acceptable, but very VERY much an exception that proves the rule.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I wouldn't buy one myself, but I always cringe at these kind of threads. If someone wants one, then good for them, I couldn't care less. It's not for me to say its embarrassing, they can buy and wear whatever they want. It's also not embarrassing for a club to produce them, if they can make a profit, why not.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
So if someone wants to buy a program to remember a certain match then I suppose that also irks you?

if they are complete crap, run up at the last minute in a sweatshop by underpaid workers with the intention of making a quick buck from naive football tourists then yes. As i understand it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
MK-Dons-v-Colchester-Unit-008.jpg

kano

Jun 17, 2011
I think if any form of neckwear causes you the slightest bit of emotional damage then you need a hobby. I would steer clear of knitting tho.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The only other exception to the half and half scarf rule, that I can think of, is for European ties. These teams are not our permanent rivals, and there is obviously more reason to want to remember the occasion.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Would it be okay for one of the two people whose coming to the Brighton V Arsenal game to buy one of these? :thumbsup:

Neither support Brighton, and have only been once in Brighton's history :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Will there be a Palace one available ?

No but I have just found this special edition League Cup Losers Scarf, still available on eBay if you're interested. According to the seller, it's "an investment".

$(KGrHqFHJEYFCbOTDqFyBQ)0Tru17Q~~60_35.JPG

"THIS IS A FANTASTIC CHANCE TO GET YOUR HANDS ON A OFFICIAL MATCH 2011 LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINAL SCARF FROM THE CRYSTAL PALACE V CARDIFF CITY GAME .

IT IS VERY RARE ,AND HAS PALACE V CARDIFF IN THE CENTRE .I MUST URGE YOU SERIOUS COLLECTORS TO GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS

I WILL POST IN A PROTECTIVE ENVELOPE ,BRAND NEW GRAB IT QUICK.IT HAS "LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINAL; AT THE TOP OF THE SCARF ,AND AT THE BOTTOM "DATES OF BOTH LEGS" .

A INVESTMENT AND VERY COLLECTABLE IT HAS BOTH TEAM KITS AT EITHER END . .

THE SCARF WOULD BE A MASSIVE ADDITION TO YOUR COLLECTION ,.

ONLY ISSUED AT THE MATCH ."

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I went to Old Trafford last night and they were selling them for the third round replay match versus West Ham.

They are aimed at tourists making their once in a lifetime journey to a particular stadium, kids and denizens of self-pity city itself, Liverpool.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Another exception is probably cup FINALS - not Semis, Quarters or the 1st bloody round. They are as tinpot as goal music, instruments and Crystal Palace.

Ill sadly admit to buying 1 half and half scarf, for a fiver after an England match at Wembley after the game (and that was half price !!). I only bought it because it was incredibly cold and i didnt bring my own scarf - simply as that.

Whilst were on the subject of tinpot things, Richard Renyolds next week will probably be arselicking Arsenal to the max - its already borderline embarassing whenever were on TV and he goes on and on about being on Sky/ITV - makes us look tinpot.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When I was a teenager I had a Arsenal silky - haha that's stumped all the kids on here - but my friends made me do the honourable thing and have a ceremonial burning in my back garden after the 0-4 defeat in 79. It was ok to have another team when we were in the old div 3 but then things changed. I still like Arsenal to this day but there are no divided loyalties. What has that to do with half and half scarves you ask............. Well nothing really I just don't want to do any work today. Also I called Liam Brady a **** that day when he scored from the spot.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
When I was a teenager I had a Arsenal silky - haha that's stumped all the kids on here - but my friends made me do the honourable thing and have a ceremonial burning in my back garden after the 0-4 defeat in 79. It was ok to have another team when we were in the old div 3 but then things changed. I still like Arsenal to this day but there are no divided loyalties. What has that to do with half and half scarves you ask............. Well nothing really I just don't want to do any work today. Also I called Liam Brady a **** that day when he scored from the spot.

You absolute pillock Questions.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
While I don't quite share Edna's ire, they baffle me too. Why would you want to display another club's colours? I'm a Brighton supporter who wishes, when I buy a football scarf, to represent that support. End of.

(Oh, and the unofficial merchandise argument is another very good one. It always irritates me, when we've been promoted or something, that all these people appear outside the stadium selling tat with not-quite-right branding on it. Watching football's expensive enough as it is without your hard-earned going not just to somewhere other than your club, but outside the game altogether).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here