Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Butters Different Class

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Well done Tank. My lad was well chuffed he got to shake your hand and get his medal from you.

Your now his Albion hero.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Another classic NSC hijack, this thread was about the fact that the club or whoever* at the Albion is responsible for sorting out end of season presentations were prepared to leave 250 or so young footballers( potential fans) high and dry but at the last minute Guy stepped up to the plate and did the business yet the debate moves on to contracts and finger pointing over our goal difference.

*Perhaps it would be more apt to start finger pointing over this issue.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Lorrenzo said:
Well done Tank. My lad was well chuffed he got to shake your hand and get his medal from you.

Your now his Albion hero.

Tank was given a little trophy too for doing it, its the only one hes had this season! Ahhh bless!

I was going to come with him but he told me to stay at home cos I'd frighten the kids :ohmy:

:lolol:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
In this day and age of footballers earning obscene wages and behaving like complete cun*s, it's a refreshing change to here of Big Guy's effort and generosity with his time.

Good on you big man. Restores a bit of faith in the game to be honest.

Hope to see you donning the stripes next season mate.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Message to the board.

Can you please help Mr. Butters, if he so desires, to take his coaching badges, and become a long term part of the club.

Many thanks

Dover aka. Paul Bramhall.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Harty said:
Another classic NSC hijack, this thread was about the fact that the club or whoever* at the Albion is responsible for sorting out end of season presentations were prepared to leave 250 or so young footballers( potential fans) high and dry but at the last minute Guy stepped up to the plate and did the business yet the debate moves on to contracts and finger pointing over our goal difference.

Exactly... Well done Guy for making so many peoples evening with very short notice :clap:

Now to the finger pointing ??? Which clown didn't sort things out? :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Harty said:

Very good of Guy to step in.

How many times did they contact the club? I am not going to lay into the board when it hasn't been an easy few months for them. Yes, it is probably bad form on their part but without any of us knowing details of the contact from Lancing etc. should we have a thread ripping the board to shreds?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bromley shrimp said:
Well done big man - Pompey away (2-4) in 2002 must seem light years ago.

That was the game during which Graham Barrett got the only thing on target during his career with us, and that was when he twatted that Pompey player.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done Guy thanks for keeping the Albion flag flying in Sussex it's things like this that influence the future of Albion and there supporters.

So we can compete with the likes of Pompey and palace and prem clubs.

In the west of the county i must say we seem to have the youth scene sorted i have not seen any Pompey trying to develop there supporter base and all credit must go to the Albion for this.

Well done again Guy i hope you hear quickly about a contract.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Dover said:
Message to the board.

Can you please help Mr. Butters, if he so desires, to take his coaching badges,

He's doing his Level 2 course all this week, me thinks hes gonna get very wet if they are outside!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'd give him a contract - could certainly do a job for another year in League 1, although i probably wouldn't want him playing every single game

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why does he deserve a contract because he turned up to give some trophies out?

Hardly in a position where we can afford to be charitable are we?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Richie Morris said:

He can still do a good job as a player in League One, and he is a shining example of a professional and we have many young players that can learn from him.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Richie Morris said:

As usual Ritchie total lack of understanding of the bigger picture .. another attention seeking post methinks :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here