Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Butters Different Class

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Les Biehn said:
I would go along with that. Could do a job for another year in this division, help bring the youngsters through to.

I Think it was proven he has no place in the back four after he was dropped at Millwall and we kept a clean sheet.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Where has this idea of him being a coach come from?

Surely the club would employ coaches who are qualified not ex-players who happen to be nice people.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kaney said:
I Think it was proven he has no place in the back four after he was dropped at Millwall and we kept a clean sheet.

We will be a division lower and he obviously wouldn't play so much. Lets be honest about this, for most of the season Guy was very good. However I would only use him against teams with a target man as nippy forwards tend to get in behind him (Sheffield Wednesday for example). Plus he is a decent talker in what is a young defence.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
leave wilkins out of it fatboy

Last edited:

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
I think Guy deserves a contract because he was one of the better players in the squad throughout the season.

He does not miss games through injury or suspension, and reads the game well. If you have a back four consisting of kids they will be pulled all over the place by some of the old lags in League 1.

McShane benefited from playing alongside him last season, they complemented each other well. He can do exactly the same with Hinsh next season.

The fact that he is a decent bloke is a credit to himself

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Well done Tank
(Shame the thread has degenerated in to a 'should he shouldn't he get a new contract' discussion.)
Good work fella:bowdown:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Something needs to change in defence.-32 GD the worse in that league speaks for it's self.Perhaps a proper left back with pace and a right back.Hart shouldn't be playing there or Reid.In league one you need a big center half which we haven't got if Butters is released or injured.The whole defence needs a good shape up

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
I think the fact McShane was voted player of the season shows just how much extra work he was having to do just to cover his defensive partner

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
algie said:
Something needs to change in defence.-32 GD the worse in that league speaks for it's self.Perhaps a proper left back with pace and a right back.Hart shouldn't be playing there or Reid.In league one you need a big center half which we haven't got if Butters is released or injured.The whole defence needs a good shape up

Totally agree. If reid is playing left/right back next season it will show that MM doesnt learn from mistakes. Reid should be central midfield/right midfield. Back to the main point of the thread good work mr butters.:clap:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Eggmundo said:

(Shame the thread has degenerated in to a 'should he shouldn't he get a new contract' discussion.)
Good work fella:bowdown:

Well said Squire. Can we please just have one thread where a players actions beyond the call of duty can be praised without it turning into something completely off-topic? Pretty please.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Kaney said:
I think the fact McShane was voted player of the season shows just how much extra work he was having to do just to cover his defensive partner

who finished second and third? i've forgotten

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
algie said:

The left back was one of the problems - plus playing Hart at right back.

Also the midfield offered little or no protection

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Les Biehn said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Give the man a contract.

Also very relieved this wasn't a misleading thread along the lines of '14 year old guy butters from norwich moved to other class room for disruptive behaviour' or 'man spreads butter on different gang of school kids'.

I totally agree with you there Les :clap: :clap:

Top work, big man. :clap:

Chopper West said:
I think Guy deserves a contract because he was one of the better players in the squad throughout the season.

He does not miss games through injury or suspension, and reads the game well. If you have a back four consisting of kids they will be pulled all over the place by some of the old lags in League 1.

McShane benefited from playing alongside him last season, they complemented each other well. He can do exactly the same with Hinsh next season.

The fact that he is a decent bloke is a credit to himself

(For the record, I agree with the above.)

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
No one is saying that Guy should be given a contract for last night.

It's as ridiculous as saying that a gobshite who happened to play well in the REMF should have his NSC ban lifted on the basis of a good 90 minutes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here