Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus: We won't panic buy - By Brian Owen

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
So you disagree with Gus, then? Tell you what, I'll go with his judgement that a striker is the top priority...

Nope, you must read carefully. We are OK for strikers UNLESS we change our formation, and just like Gus I said we need one who is better than what we have or there is no point.

Assuming we stay with our 4-5-1 then 3 decent strikers should be enough and I'D RATHER some extra muscle in CB and CM to challenge is a good place to improve, but as previously hinted Gus wants another striker so he is probably going to play 2 upfront

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I get the inkling that as soon as it clicks together for the first time that it should all go on from there. I wouldn't describe Barnsley as a walk in the park, but the expectations are there to start banging them home, so as long as the team don't feel the pressure from the crowd to score 8 in the one game, i think it'll work out decently. I want that new striker too. We've been led to believe such a person is on their way, by Gus with his belief that it'll happen soon, and with the madmouthed rumour monkeys who storm the board and make us all believe that a worldbeater is officially bagged. I don't agree with the idea that the team should be pitied as if they are waiting for the star striker to turn it all around and can't quite do it alone. They can, and will, given the chance. If we get that dream player within our budget restrictions, then great. Yes, premiership sides want unwanted stars loaned out when the window comes to a close. But if we don't, i think we'll manage and impress.

Apart from the absence of paragraphs I agree with this, and hope it all clicks for the Barnsley game. Vicente is pretty key to the whole thing though and I'm more concerned by having an alternative to him right now as Dicker doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
All we need is a few injuries and suspensions, and we will be back to raiding the development squad.

Perhaps you should rename yourself dark cloud? Personally, where the Albion is concerned I can always see th silver lining and feel blessed to be supporting them at the level they now are.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nope, you must read carefully. We are OK for strikers UNLESS we change our formation, and just like Gus I said we need one who is better than what we have or there is no point.

Assuming we stay with our 4-5-1 then 3 decent strikers should be enough and I'D RATHER some extra muscle in CB and CM to challenge is a good place to improve, but as previously hinted Gus wants another striker so he is probably going to play 2 upfront

I reade carefully enough... you are backtracking...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from the absence of paragraphs I agree with this, and hope it all clicks for Barnsley. Vicente is pretty key to the whole thing though and I'm more concerned by having an alternative to him right now as Dicker doesn't do it for me.

We let our alternative go out on loan = JFC, the Vicente apprentice... Gus mistake...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We let our alternative go out on loan = JFC, the Vicente apprentice... Gus mistake...

It was odd .. I kinda hoped at the time it meant he had someone lined up. Gus does seem to have a thing for Dicker and hope he doesn't persist too long

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It was odd .. I kinda hoped at the time it meant he had someone lined up. Gus does seem to have a thing for Dicker and hope he doesn't persist too long

For me, Dicker has played reasonably well this season, but he is not and never will be the same type of player as the mighty Vicente...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here