Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to bid 500k for Jara Reyes

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Yeah l agree Panda, decent enough, with the promise of better to come when he is fully match fit again. Our best bet at right back now l think, (sorry Calde).

I don't think he'll be deployed at right back. If Gus is going to part with £750k ish then he'll be in the middle of the park - possibly one eye on Bridcutt moving to a higher level?

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
I hope this is true as I'd love to have him permanently.

Could be a real force in the middle of the park and is obviously useful at full back too.

If we got the chance to mix things up a bit, perhaps in the Wrexham game, I'd love to see Jara Reyes with Vincelot in central midfield. Not that I don't rate Bridcutt, I think he's great. But it would be interesting to try a totally new pairing.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I don't think he'll be deployed at right back. If Gus is going to part with £750k ish then he'll be in the middle of the park - possibly one eye on Bridcutt moving to a higher level?

Think I've read somewhere WBA may well be in for bridders in January

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Where's everyone plucking this £3 million figure that West Brom supposedly paid for him from?? It's complete bollocks.

Even their OS says on his player profile it was £1.4m, as does Wikipedia and pretty much every other source.

Why on earth would we need to pay £2m as some say, for a player who's nearing the end of his contract, out of favour, and cost £600k less than that in the first place?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Without mentioning the massive matchday income at the stadium or the huge merchandise sales either.......

I had reason to go in the Amex shop on Saturday at about 2.30ish, christ there is some serious business going on in there, queue's round nearly the whole shop and about 10 tills open, 2 staff per till to speed things up. The person I had to collect something from said its like that every match, and quite busy aftermatch as well. god knows what the increase in merchandise sales is this year but it must be huge.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Two players on trial with us. Dos Santos ?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
'The way he played against Notts Forest'?, he was ok l suppose, a competant performance, but not brilliant!, but yeah overall a player l would love to see wearing the Albion stripes permanantly. Will certainly giive Calde a run for his money in the right back berth, and can of course also operate in midfield.
competant? team needs a lift to get back to september's form and things like that lift the players around him - we've been looking scared to make a mistake recently

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
500k ?

And a bid of 3 mil for Messi.What a team we'll have ! *

*Alf Messi of Plympton Warriors FC.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
sounds good to me. The only sight problem for me is that we've already signed LuaLua, if we sign Jara to will that be all our Januray deals done? Meaning we could miss that new player boost?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would be better if we could keep him on loan - firstly, we've seen a lot of players come to Brighton that we've drooled about in the first few weeks, then their performance just tails off, and secondly, whenever we actually BUY someone, they inevitably seem to suddenly discover a long term injury!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many goals have we conceded in the games reyes has played in for us?

He's made three appearances with us
v West Ham (one goal conceded)
v Birmingham (no goals conceded)
v Forest (no goals conceded)

So, one goal. in just under three matches (he went off injured v birmingham).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here