Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to bid 500k for Jara Reyes

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
To be honest I can't actually remember his performance on Saturday for some reason. Not that he had a bad game, I just can't remember him! So you may well be right

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

not the time he nonchalantly flicked the ball over that forest player? or his latinotastic way of trapping the ball?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To be honest I can't actually remember his performance on Saturday for some reason. Not that he had a bad game, I just can't remember him! So you may well be right

I loved his flick over the Forest player into space in the first half. Sheer flair.

(Beaten to it. But it was class wasn't it?)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
WBA may decide that they either sell him for the best price that they can get during the January window or lose him for nothing when he is out of contract as there isnt anothetr transfer window of any conbsequence before his ocntract expires. If they wait until the summer they will get nothing as he will only a have a month or so left on his contract so any prospetive buyer will wait until September to sign him for free out of contract.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

not the time he nonchalantly flicked the ball over that forest player? or his latinotastic way of trapping the ball?

Nope, I can't remember that :( I never normally have this problem, must have bumped into Will Smith or Tommy Lee Jones who have wiped my memory of Reyes on Saturday. Can remember everyone else's performance. Or maybe I'm just getting old

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It was indeed class, I'm sure there was a cheeky back heel too.

Did you see the back heel AS HE TRAPPED THE BALL? it was around the same time as his flair flick.

My son and his mates LOVE him.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
WBA may decide that they either sell him for the best price that they can get during the January window or lose him for nothing when he is out of contract as there isnt anothetr transfer window of any conbsequence before his ocntract expires. If they wait until the summer they will get nothing as he will only a have a month or so left on his contract so any prospetive buyer will wait until September to sign him for free out of contract.

dont think we should hang about tho incase we get pipped at the post for his signature

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is there a possibility he might be flattering to decieve at the moment. I think he looks brilliant but not sure he has been tested defensively yet, and it's always a worry. Hopefully that's not the case.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember one of our players trying a back heel on the edge of the forest box, but failing, and getting it trapped under his feet and giving away a freekick trying to keep possession. This as immediately followed by the ref back heeling it to the forest keeper.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Without mentioning the massive matchday income at the stadium or the huge merchandise sales either.......

Palace fans don't like us mentioning attendances but with 18K season ticket holders we have a guaranteed income of 500K in direct debits every month.
I think Reyes is enjoying getting regular football which counts for a lot, and the Baggies said he was class at Championship level. Bloom is a good negotiator. Those poker tournaments come in handy when doing deals, I reckon. I hope we get him.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I remember one of our players trying a back heel on the edge of the forest box, but failing, and getting it trapped under his feet and giving away a freekick trying to keep possession. This as immediately followed by the ref back heeling it to the forest keeper.

Now that WAS class - Lua lua I believe. To make it even better the ref decided to back heel the ball to where the free kick was conceded!!

Reyes' flick was so audacious that I assumed the ref had blown up for something - couldn't believe he had done that in our third - very very flair!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
it would be good if the G-Man popped in there and haggled him up a tiny bit. Naturally, 500k is a bit cheap for a player like Reyes, and the way he played against Notts. Forest is only going to push the Baggies' bidding price up a bit, as well as a number of other factors.

'The way he played against Notts Forest'?, he was ok l suppose, a competant performance, but not brilliant!, but yeah overall a player l would love to see wearing the Albion stripes permanantly. Will certainly giive Calde a run for his money in the right back berth, and can of course also operate in midfield.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
So! Not only do the Sun know that we are going to bid for him. They know exactly how much we are going to bid. Must have some very deep cover and very close reporters that's all I say. They wouldn't be guessing this would they??

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
'The way he played against Notts Forest'?, he was ok l suppose, a competant performance, but not brilliant!, but yeah overall a player l would love to see wearing the Albion stripes permanantly. Will certainly giive Calde a run for his money in the right back berth, and can of course also operate in midfield.

As much as I hate to say it I think Calde will be on his way out sooner rather than later. I don't think the Championship is his level, hope I am wrong though!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

i thought he put in a decent performance given that he's just come off the injury list

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
So! Not only do the Sun know that we are going to bid for him. They know exactly how much we are going to bid. Must have some very deep cover and very close reporters that's all I say. They wouldn't be guessing this would they??

Nooooo.

They would of heard it in a telephone conversation they was listening into;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here