Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to bid 500k for Jara Reyes

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If we could get him for 500k would be a great signing... However can't help thinking West Brom be looking for a little more than that for him

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Gus is a proper bargain hunter isn't he. Didn't he start off by offering the same amount for Buckley before oh-so-slowly increasing the offers. Reyes would be a superb signing, a bit unrealistic though IMO. Could probably get a contract with a lot of Top-Flight Spanish teams?!

Last edited:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
it would be good if the G-Man popped in there and haggled him up a tiny bit. Naturally, 500k is a bit cheap for a player like Reyes, and the way he played against Notts. Forest is only going to push the Baggies' bidding price up a bit, as well as a number of other factors.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Would be a fantastic signing for £500k. Got a feeling they might laugh that off though and we will need to offer something nearer 3 or 4 times that

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
...that's always assuming he wants to come down to Championship footie on a permanent basis

I'm pretty sure that before bidding for Reyes, Gus would have spoken to him to see if he actually wants to come permanently... I'd say that if a bid goes in he would be happy to stay and it's then just a case of agreeing a fee with West Brom... How long is left on his contract?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
well under WBA's expectations given he cost them over 3m but if the price is right I think they will do a deal - a mate of mine is a baggies fan and says that although they rate him (more as a midfield destroyer which is where he played in their championship promotion year than as a full back where he was poor in the premier league) they have moved on.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not sure he'll get him for that. Seems a bit cheap to me.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Worth a cheeky bid if only to test the water. The one concern I have about GJR at full back is that he doesn't appear to have the pace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here