Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus targets Premiership signing before loan window closes

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
How many games have they played between them 6? Or maybe 7. Not good enough I'm afraid, I get the feeling Gus is having a little panic and feels the need to pacify some of the fans with his latest statement, I will not be surprised if there is no premier league player (again)

where's these '6 or maybe 7 games' been , I've obviously missed 5 or 6 of them ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
loan market = i am panicking, not sure of my best team, impulsive.

shame, as gus kept saying he doesnt like loans.

we have a good team in our squad and we were doing well until he upset things by getting harley and others.

That keeps being misquoted. Poyet said that he doesn't like short term loans. He wasn't averse to getting KLL on loan last season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exactly, he dosent like the loan market excpecially short term, but if required will use it, there is a big difference.

Its got nothing to do with panicking, if quality becomes available and its in budget then why not

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I believe the loan window shuts on Thursday, so if we get this player he'll be available and no doubt playing on Saturday.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
One accurate hoof into the far channel and despite two defenders and a keeper (Harper) and Lambert got there first. Reyes or El-Abd might solve that problem?

Playing 4-4-2 away to the League leaders and we were bound to have a problem with connecting the two strikers. To play 4-3-3 the only answer I see it to have a B2B central midfielder and his role demands stamina and he has to be better than the also-rans of the opposition.

A target man who can drop deep (4-3-3 demands this to draw out a defender or get an extra midfield presence) and we able to decide when to pass, shoot or hold the ball up.

At least two players on the pitch who can take corners.

Otherwise we will have to play 4-4-2 and we are not going to create so many chances. At the moment we seem to be weathering the storm playing 4-4-2 and when/if we can get the ball we can play 4-3-3 by pushing Noone forward late in the second half. A winger is expected to get past his full-back (if he gets the ball in the first place) and when faced with Fox, Noone failed for the first time this season.

There are alternatives. We could thread the ball thought the middle or even hoof it into the channels, or press until the opposition make a mistake and make a swift counter-attack (which is very successful for Southampton).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Livermore from Spurs please

Thats a great shout TB1, we did after all fail in the summer to get any of the 3 CM's we were linked to - Jack Cork, Henri Lansbury and that chelsea reserve lad (woods?)....... We did get Harley but he's hardly set the world alight.

As for the Spurs connection they have Brad Friedel now in goal and Cuddicini as sub, Hurelio Gomes is not being played, would be a good addition!!..........

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
One accurate hoof into the far channel and despite two defenders and a keeper (Harper) and Lambert got there first. Reyes or El-Abd might solve that problem?

Playing 4-4-2 away to the League leaders and we were bound to have a problem with connecting the two strikers. To play 4-3-3 the only answer I see it to have a B2B central midfielder and his role demands stamina and he has to be better than the also-rans of the opposition.

A target man who can drop deep (4-3-3 demands this to draw out a defender or get an extra midfield presence) and we able to decide when to pass, shoot or hold the ball up.

At least two players on the pitch who can take corners.

Otherwise we will have to play 4-4-2 and we are not going to create so many chances. At the moment we seem to be weathering the storm playing 4-4-2 and when/if we can get the ball we can play 4-3-3 by pushing Noone forward late in the second half. A winger is expected to get past his full-back (if he gets the ball in the first place) and when faced with Fox, Noone failed for the first time this season.

There are alternatives. We could thread the ball thought the middle or even hoof it into the channels, or press until the opposition make a mistake and make a swift counter-attack (which is very successful for Southampton).

I am no tactitican, but I would like to see us play a 4-5-1 when Vicente is fit with 2 from Buckley/KLL/Noone wide and a box to boxer in front of Bridders (spaz is best right now) so when we attack it becomes a 4-3-3 or 4-2-4 and when we defend 4-5-1

..................Bridcutt..............
..............Spaz/New B2B........
Buckley........................Noone
..................Vicente................
....................CMS..................

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It's Tevez, you heard it here first!

:thumbsup:

Knowing our luck we'll agree to pay 20 grand a week of his wages, and the moody fu**er won't report for duty and will stay in Argentina......... If he was championship bound, it will be West Ham imho

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's Tevez, you heard it here first!

:thumbsup:

He'll get a minor injury in his 1st full game, which will take half a season to start to mend, if our recent record with flair signings is to continue :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here