Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus targets Premiership signing before loan window closes

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know what you're getting at, but a player can't hold the ball up it if it never gets that far up the pitch!!

It is difficult one, agreed. I just feel we are not getting the best out of CMS, out on on his own.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
loan market = i am panicking, not sure of my best team, impulsive.

shame, as gus kept saying he doesnt like loans.

we have a good team in our squad and we were doing well until he upset things by getting harley and others.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Is that not Vicente or possibly even Reyes.

How many games have they played between them 6? Or maybe 7. Not good enough I'm afraid, I get the feeling Gus is having a little panic and feels the need to pacify some of the fans with his latest statement, I will not be surprised if there is no premier league player (again)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
How many games have they played between them 6? Or maybe 7. Not good enough I'm afraid, I get the feeling Gus is having a little panic and feels the need to pacify some of the fans with his latest statement, I will not be surprised if there is no premier league player (again)

Yeah you're right. Gus is FLAPPING. He sounds like a desperate man. He's failed on so many signings that I just have no faith in him any more..

Oh no wait.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kenny Deuchar?
We'd probably be better off with Valentino Rossi on the pitch. If our players stayed fit we'd do fine, but unfortunately we have a few sick notes.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not sure that cost was part of Harper going back. He hints in his interview on their web site that although he is happy to go back out on loan he would like it to be nearer to home. He said something along the lines of it being "difficult (wonder where he got that word from?) when you've got a small child at home". My guess is that once he said he wasn't going to stay, Gus decided to look around to spend the cash spared-up in his budget.

Seem to be three obvious choices (1) a forward - but when you read the rest of the quote it's impossible to feel that we imagine we will get a premiership striker on loan when most of the premiership sides are looking for the same thing! If it was a reserve maybe, but that isn't what Gus says. (2) a midfielder to win and hold the ball as we still don't seem to have someone able to pass to one of his own men in space in the final third (3) a pacy full back to complement Reyes on the other side and give us someone who can turn and get back so their wide men don't just pass the ball round us. Seems crazy if we had two loanee full backs both going back in January (rumours in the midlands are still that WBA want to sell Reyes in the transfer window and need to recoup the £3m+ they paid for him) but what the hell it's about getting points on the board while you can.

My money is on the full back

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Note yet another Gus comment about the budget. The two signings we are crying out for are a goalscorer and a box-to-box midfielder, someone who can run at the opposition with the ball.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Is he still playing as I havent heard his name mentioned in Scattish football for a couple of ye
The answer to another post is the loan window closes on Thursday at midnight I think it is could be 5.00pm

Signed for Livingston I think.Banged in a couple of hatricks for them.
True Gretna legend!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If the injuries are all cleared up, apart from Tommy, we will at last be able to judge the team/squad fairly.

That's a very fair point too ... I'm beginning to think even with all fit we will struggle and will still be missing the midfield dominator but until we see our best team (whatever that means) starting a game it's nout more than speculation ... it does appear though that Gus may be thinking about using 2 wide men, otherwise why sign KLL on a perm basis and that will elave Bridcutt holding and Vicente (when he's fit) pulling the strings? If no Vicente worried he might stick with Harley who doesn't inspire me in the slightest. Does sound dodgy but will be interesting to see the line up against Cov

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have no idea why "goalscorer" appeared twice in above thread as didn't write it twice.

I have noticed that words often get repeated as well, on other threads. Some sort of wrapping problem?

May well have been mentioned before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here