Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus reads NSC and is starting to lose patience with the "fans".....

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I heard a slow clap when West ham were dawdling on a free kick, but that was the only time I heard one.

Exactly, that was the only time I heard one too.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I dont believe for one minute he reads any of this crap. Thank god.

Indeed.

He's probs getting a tad tetchy after the recent run of results, & as others have said he's an emotional soul & wears his heart very much on his sleeve. Maybe we should all chip in & send him an 'Eeeeeeeeeeees Complicated' cake & a nice big card? You know, something that'll cheer the daft bugger up & put a big smile back on his boat'. Well either that or a big box of Prozac...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He wants to be a top manager at a top club, then move onto international management. He will get far more abuse the higher he goes up the ladder, So lets say this is a real threat (which I don not belive it is) then he will be "going home" a fair bit in his career, after far less than 7 or 8 games without a win as we all now the higher you go the more impataint the fans and boards are. He knows this and also knows we are not calling for his head. just some hot heads in the crowd maybe them JCl everyone is on about from the premiership who are used to win,win,win,win,draw,win,win, lose get him out !!

rant and not very well put over

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
"Maybe the fans just want us to kick it long win 1-0. I've got no problem, I'll go home."

From today's Argus.

We don't want the team to kick it long all game, what we want is to get back to winning some games and to do that we need to mix it up a bit, have a Plan B, and that may well involve kicking it long some of the time. And to do that we need a striker who can head the ball and hold it up.

Playing the same style of football for 90mins every game is not the answer.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We don't want the team to kick it long all game, what we want is to get back to winning some games and to do that we need to mix it up a bit, have a Plan B, and that may well involve kicking it long some of the time. And to do that we need a striker who can head the ball and hold it up.

Playing the same style of football for 90mins every game is not the answer.

Hear hear. I think Gus has done an unbelievable job at this football club, he's performed MIRACLES, but that does not make him immune to criticism. All this sticking to his principles baloney is becoming tiresome. Teams have worked us out and at the moment. The shape against Doncaster was all wrong and we were rather fortunate to scrape a win in the last minute. Twelve league games later and we still have the same shape against West Ham. One winger, no balance, CMS isolated.

I love Gus but at some point he's got to get off his high horse and change things, not revolutionise them, just tweak them and that does not mean going long all the time. Sunderland was a great example of a game where we mixed it up more and played the ball into the channel for CMS to run onto. It worked. It's also how he won the penalty at Cardiff. The only really good chance we had on Monday was when Barnes was actually close enough to CMS to offer him a knock down. Somethings got to give or at this rate we'll be in a relegation battle come the new year.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nothing makes anyone immune to criticism.

But criticising him on the back of this has little value. This isn't a case of being 'found him out' - he just doesn't have the budget to get the players he wants to beat better teams, so he will be patient, build his squad piece by piece and come back stronger. I sincerely hope he does not change his way; I just hope he finds players who can make it work properly.

THEN the know-it-alls can sit in judgement of him.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
My opinions
Jeez OP is a bit OTT.
Everyone has the right to have an opinion.
This board is about fans posting their opinions.
A football manager cant please everyone all the time.
Generally I think most brighton fans have trust in gus.
We are missing Glen Murray.
Shame Chris Woods didnt resign.
Currently we have lost what was a brilliant start.
Players will get better or we will get better player.
Our footballing style is superb to watch.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's not NSC, there are plenty of the 'lump it forward' brigade in the stands too, and their voices are more easily heard.

Remember Bournemouth at home last season where the 'cogniscenti' were also bellowing out the same, and Gus reacted identically.

Exactly , some people clearly didn't get to see us much/at all last season - he has a Masterplan.
Stop away fans from pisstaking. Stop "Gay" chants. Stop criticism of the manager.

I take it that it's okay to point out that you are making yourselves look silly.

You can't stop away fans from pisstaking sadly , you can silence them of course but that's down to the team to absolutely drub them
The 'gay' chants are just retorts to all the shit we've got to hear week after week
agree on the last point mind.

IN GUS WE TRUST.

Feb 14, 2010
Oh the drama, as if Gus Poyet gives a monkeys what a couple of attention seeing teenagers on NSC think. Also, if he did read NSC then he would know that he has unprecedented support as 95% said how superb we were after the west ham game. Yes a couple of the usual teenagers did "look at me" threads but that is to be expected. Just like the bloke who posted the "well done palace thread". Obvious attention seeking and he was waiting for smneone to have a pop so that he could explain what a sweet lovely bloke he is. Yes its a bit cringeworthy but we must humour them. Poyet knows that as well as everyone else.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
This is what truly scares me as a fan, to have the minority of bellends drive decent managers or players out of a club. Let's face it, how many HILARIOUS blunders have the dense users on here made. Barnes being poor, 20 goals last season and I think he's still top scorer this season. Navarro being worthless, then became the best player of our side last season before the injury. Vicente being overrated when it looked like he might not sign for us, being the best thing since sliced bread when he does. It's amazing how f***ing STUPID fans of any sport are, and we seem to get some right specials.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Nothing makes anyone immune to criticism.

But criticising him on the back of this has little value. This isn't a case of being 'found him out' - he just doesn't have the budget to get the players he wants to beat better teams, so he will be patient, build his squad piece by piece and come back stronger. I sincerely hope he does not change his way; I just hope he finds players who can make it work properly.

THEN the know-it-alls can sit in judgement of him.

Spot on big man, We'll pick up a win soon when it's not expected and the moaners will disappear again anyway.

D

Deleted User X18H

"I'll go home". Meaning - "I'll walk."

The fans in the stadium get behind the team 100% and there is no booing at the matches, so what is he basing this statement on other than things he has read on here, or, more likely, things that have been fed back to him.

I worked for the club briefly back in the early noughties and trust me, people at the club DO read NSC. Martin Perry talked about it openly in front of me and Paul Camillin. Gary Hart has several hundred posts to his name, as does Guy Butters/Guy Butters wife, as well as the Press Officer Paul Camillin (who also discussed NSC in my presence). You think some of the current players and management don't read it ever?? Wouldn't you be intrigued if you were a pro footballer??

So whether Gus sits on his laptop at night and reads NSC is neither here nor there. Does some of it get fed back to him? Fairly likely.

Don't forget when he got stroppy with the fans in The Argus about the treatment of Navarro in his early days. No one was booing or abusing Navarro at matches, so what else other than NSC could he have been talking about it?

To think that no one at BHAFC reads NSC and that it isn't occasionally discussed around the club is astonishingly naive.

"I'll go home"..... he's pissed off.

I really don't think Gus would take much notice of any internet based gossip. He is not a fan of Facebook or Twitter.

It will interesting if anyone brings up this matter later on. I won't be though.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
heard nothing but support for the team on Monday night. No "get it forward" bollocks,

If only, Easy10 - We sit in row o block f and theres a bearded twat who sits behind my boys further down the row who does exactly that at the top of his voice he doesnt shout it he screams it and my 13 yr old told him to shut up or fk off he got so fed up with it and its not the first time this season, you can imagine how bad he was against palace.

Its such a shame cos the vast majority dont and even a bloke at withdean who did that and moaned all the time now sits in relative silence alongside my son in the same row so they can improve if they put their mind to it.

we all grumble at times about certain things, bridcutts passing had myself groaning on monday but to actually crave hoofball is something else.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
But for every post that's nonsense there are at least 10 that put it in perspective, so surely if he reads the nonsense he must read those as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here