Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus reads NSC and is starting to lose patience with the "fans".....

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Gus is a smart guy, so I'm sure he realises that most of the negativity and whingeing is from a minority of idiots and JCLs whose views aren't worth sh*t.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I would suggest that someone refer him to the thread about "how long has gus got" then he would realise the 99.999999999999999999999999% of people are firmly behind hind him. The silent majority.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
-The article doesn't suggest Gus reads nsc. The OP has created a link to start yet another, increasingly annoying, "stop moaning!" thread.
-If Gus is checking NSC, or people are reporting back to him about NSC and they are reporting accurately, they will be reporting that there are a glut of threads telling fans to stop moaning, threads where the overwhelming response was to support gus and the style he wants us playing, one or two threads about prejudice in football, and some stuff unrelated to albion/football, so he would have no need to make that 'threat'
-To me, his 'threat' reads more as a statement of how strongly he holds his footballing philosophy. He would rather walk away than play a style he doesn't believe in just to keep people happy (as well as the long term planning TLO suggests).
-There absolutely has been people at the ground yelling 'get it forward' (mostly the pople who criticise Barnes when Dicker or Sparrow lose possession).. There have also been quite audible groans and moans when a promising attack ends up being played back to defenders. Whether Andy Naylor or any other journalist reads NSC and questions Gus about unhappy fans, there are also these fans at the ground making clear their displeasure with the patient possession based football, so Naylor or they could be referring to them instead of or as well as NSC.
-Seriously, NSC is not, as far as I've seen, anywhere near as negative as the annoyingly large numbers of 'stop moaning' threads suggest.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
If GP is serious about a career in football management he'll just have to learn to deal with it. He'll get the same anywhere, anytime there's a dip in results. That's how life is. He won't want to get a reputation as a flouncer.

Why are people assuming he isn't dealing with it? I've re-read that sentence a few times and just can't see it - I didn't see the Argus today so haven't read it all in context - does he alude to it elsewhere?

Jan 30, 2008
"Maybe the fans just want us to kick it long win 1-0. I've got no problem, I'll go home."

From today's Argus.

So there you have it.

It appears that Gus is aware of some of the shit that gets posted on here and is heartily sick of it. Look at that last sentence -

"I've got no problem, I'll go home."

This is a clear sign that he is willing to walk if necessary. Gus is an emotional man, and a slightly over-the-top kneejerk reaction is not out of the question. He will have plenty of offers so would have no worries - employment-wise - about leaving.

So.... we are in danger of driving out one of the best managers this club has ever had.

I would suggest that you morons who keep moaning, and those wind-up merchants who do it for kicks (TCB et al) actually THINK before you post some of the drivel you do. Get the f*** over your own ego and think about the damage you could actually be causing to this f***ing club.

Whats the solution? I don't want NSC to become like a fascist state, but the future of this football club is more important than the feeling of a few worthless c*nts on a messageboard.

I am sick of this, and I am putting a request out to the mods to try and do something about it. Quite what, I'll be honest, I don't know.
what a tool you are, :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Naylor reads NSC.

Naylor ask Gus at press conference 'What about some fans that'd rather see a more industrial approach to games?'

Gus gives above quote.

No need to jump to conclusions or think Gus reads NSC.

That's my take on it too. Naylor wants to sell papers.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
I love the way we play football and anybody involved in kids football should encourage boys to play the albion way ,I also can see why fans are getting frustrated I dont think you need to be a uefa coach to see we dont have enough shots on goal with the amount of posession we have during a game ,I m sure Gus is well aware of this and will adress it in the Jan window with a striker that can hold play up so the likes of cms and hoskin can play of him.No way we should adopt whu tatics they were shocking but played to thier strengths ,fck me they were a big strong side .I hope gus can find such a man but there are not many out there of that sort of quality ,BZ would be the perfect answer but im just dreaming have faith in gus we trust

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Scene: A pressroom that 30 years ago would have been smokefilled. Sky Sports News are running live. Enter Gus Poyet from stage left.

Journo: Gus can you confirm you have left Brighton?
GP: Si
Journo: Can you confirm the reason?
GP: Er, eeess complicated
Journo: Did you lose the backing of the chairman?
GP: No, Tony ees friend, eees fantastic for the club, offered me 10 year contract
Journo: Perhaps recent results?
GP: No. I believe we start winning next game
Journo: Perhaps you got a better job offer?
GP: Er no.....
Journo: So what
GP (very quietly): Er was NSC *looks down*
Journo: As in the message board?
GP: Er, si
Journo: As in the message board that's looked at by a fraction of the fans, posted on by less of them and liable to Palace fans, wind up merchants and the genuinely unhinged turning up at any point?
GP: *sobs*
Journo: Was it half term?

Exit Poyet in complete silence a la Simpsons awkward moment.......

Brilliant and it really did make LOL :thumbsup: it took me 6 pages but glad I scanned through to get to this one :)

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
On Monday night in WSU to my left a group of about 20 started a slow hand clap during the second half. Nobody else joined in but they caught Gus's attention. He looked over his shoulder at them with a bit of a surprised look on his face which soon got them to stop.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I heard a slow clap when West ham were dawdling on a free kick, but that was the only time I heard one.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Scene: A pressroom that 30 years ago would have been smokefilled. Sky Sports News are running live. Enter Gus Poyet from stage left.

Journo: Gus can you confirm you have left Brighton?
GP: Si
Journo: Can you confirm the reason?
GP: Er, eeess complicated
Journo: Did you lose the backing of the chairman?
GP: No, Tony ees friend, eees fantastic for the club, offered me 10 year contract
Journo: Perhaps recent results?
GP: No. I believe we start winning next game
Journo: Perhaps you got a better job offer?
GP: Er no.....
Journo: So what
GP (very quietly): Er was NSC *looks down*
Journo: As in the message board?
GP: Er, si
Journo: As in the message board that's looked at by a fraction of the fans, posted on by less of them and liable to Palace fans, wind up merchants and the genuinely unhinged turning up at any point?
GP: *sobs*
Journo: Was it half term?

Exit Poyet in complete silence a la Simpsons awkward moment.......

Rarely does anything on NSC make me laugh out loud but that did. Well done sir 10/10.

And everyone chill.... Gus is man enough to deal with NSC

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Exactly the same words he used last season when we had a dodgy result and a few idiots started moaning.

Nothing new here.

Some people on here have no idea how lucky we are at the moment.

THIS and after listening to the player commentary and watching the short bits of the match itself on player I though we looked good Gus is correct when he says they are a premiership club and knarling as it is to lose to such a bad ex-prem side this won't always happen we have good players no we have very good players and an excellent manager and for those moaners just remember those dark days a few years ago and further back thats of coarse if you were there then
upwards and onwards
Always UPWARDS AND ONWARDS
TRUST IN GUS

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Agreed just remember some of the dross we played at the end of Mcgees time and the second coming of micky adams we are spoilt by the football that gus has instilled in our team.Or perhaps we want ashley neal and david lee back to name a few special ones

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I dont believe for one minute he reads any of this crap. Thank god.

Even if he did I truly believe he is enough of a smart man to not take it to heart, He is a top guy and we all know that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here