Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus reads NSC and is starting to lose patience with the "fans".....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Told you its a journo doing their job by asking a leading question.

Its the equivalent of this Maltese bar owner who told three of NSCs finest when we visited that if he was Wenger he would say to Nasri if he didnt want to sign "f*** you" and to Fabregas "f*** you too".

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't think so. He's not Kevin Keegan!

I really hope you are right, but anyone who has such strong principles as Gus is likely to react badly if he doesn't get his way.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Talk about something out of proportion!! (The OP, not Gus.)
I read this in the Argus too, and it did make me think. But in the context of the article, I took it more as a throw away comment. Not a threat or a big deal. If we hear it on BBC Sussex on Saturday (which we probably will, as most of AN interviews are also on there) we will be able to judge it better. But I really don't think it is a big deal.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
If this is what Poyet has said, then he should "go home" He only knows one way of playing football and can't seem to change to suit the opposition's style of play. There are times....maybe it'll be against West Ham at the Boleyn for example, when playing the long ball will be better suited and where West Ham are more fluent....basically a complete reversal of monday night.

But he won't will he ? He'll keep playing it out from the fullbacks and teams will very quickly suss him out...as indeed WHU did on monday.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love nothing more than to see Brighton in the prem but you wont do it all the time Poyet sticks to his "total football" plan

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
"Maybe the fans just want us to kick it long win 1-0. I've got no problem, I'll go home."

From today's Argus.

So there you have it.

It appears that Gus is aware of some of the shit that gets posted on here and is heartily sick of it. Look at that last sentence -

"I've got no problem, I'll go home."

This is a clear sign that he is willing to walk if necessary. Gus is an emotional man, and a slightly over-the-top kneejerk reaction is not out of the question. He will have plenty of offers so would have no worries - employment-wise - about leaving.

So.... we are in danger of driving out one of the best managers this club has ever had.

I would suggest that you morons who keep moaning, and those wind-up merchants who do it for kicks (TCB et al) actually THINK before you post some of the drivel you do. Get the f*** over your own ego and think about the damage you could actually be causing to this f***ing club.

Whats the solution? I don't want NSC to become like a fascist state, but the future of this football club is more important than the feeling of a few worthless c*nts on a messageboard.

I am sick of this, and I am putting a request out to the mods to try and do something about it. Quite what, I'll be honest, I don't know.

This is one of the most stupid posts i have ever read - if Gus Poyet decides to have a hissy fit and leave - do you really think that it will in any way be remotely connected to NSC?

Perhaps it might have something to do with not winning a football match for 8 games? I would hope that any manager of BHA is made of sterner stuff and would be able to take critisism on any level and not decide to leave his job?

I am sure he realised when he embarked on his career as a football player that at some point he might be face some criticism?

Time to man up Gus.....stop reading NSC and sign a striker who can hold the ball up. Just incase you are reading Gus not a critisism just a thought. Dont get angry!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If this is what Poyet has said, then he should "go home" He only knows one way of playing football and can't seem to change to suit the opposition's style of play. There are times....maybe it'll be against West Ham at the Boleyn for example, when playing the long ball will be better suited and where West Ham are more fluent....basically a complete reversal of monday night.

But he won't will he ? He'll keep playing it out from the fullbacks and teams will very quickly suss him out...as indeed WHU did on monday.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love nothing more than to see Brighton in the prem but you wont do it all the time Poyet sticks to his "total football" plan

Ah, so English.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think Gus needs to man up a bit and take it on the chin. If he has got aspirations of managing Chelsea one day. He does sometimes come across as a bit of a whinging brat.."If I don't get things my way I'm taking my ball and going home".......Brighton and Hove Albion employ Gus Poyet, not the other way around....The flack he gets here is small fry compared to Spurs/Chelsea or wherever else he sees himself in the future.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not sure I quite "get" the rather melodramatic thread title. Where exactly does it say Gus reads NSC ?

And even if he did, right now there are less than 600 people on NSC, most of them bored office workers, kids, geeks, flids, Palace fans and crackheads. Would he really be overly affected by the views and opinions of this tiny cross-section ?

I think I satisfy FOUR of those category of readers!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

So says a supporter of one of the WORST footballing sides I have seen play against Brighton. Add to the fact that you have an ENORMOUS budget and wage bill.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I seriously think some fans are so worried about losing Gus that they have developed a kind of paranoia akin to the first time you go out with a really FIT girl.

Never has a THIS been more appropriate!

Albion Rob

Given the choice of hoofing it long and winning every game 1-0 or playing nice stuff but losing every week I think I'd always go for the former, thanks.

Of course there is another way: play nice football when apprpriate but show cutting edge and take chances - such as putting a few through balls in for CMS to get his toe on - and win some/lose some. I think I'd take that overall (with a little bit of me still considering the hump it long/win every week option).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Actually following on from what another poster said. We KNOW Poyet covets the Chelsea job one day, and one day I reckon he will get it.

If, IF Abramovich is still calling the shots and if IF Chelsea hadn't say, ooh won for eight games but played some "nice stuff" do you really REALLY think that Roman wouldnt sack him or say, yep GO HOME Gus.

Coz Roman would you know. So Gus really needs to be not thick skinned but ARMOUR plated because if they lost so much as TWO on the bounce they would call for the axeman.

Silly thread, silly title.

Last edited:

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Actually following on from what another poster said. We KNOW Poyet covets the Chelsea job one day, and one day I reckon he will get it.

If, IF Abramovich is still calling the shots and if IF Chelsea hadn't say, ooh won for eight games but played some "nice stuff" do you really REALLY think that Roman wouldnt sack him or say, yep GO HOME Gus.

Coz Roman would you know.

Silly thread, silly title.

And it would never get to as many as 8, either!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here