Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus reads NSC and is starting to lose patience with the "fans".....

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
ah, so this is the only source of fan opinion and the only place he might hear decent.

he wont hear it from the crowd, or the odd comment in hospitality, or from the Argus comments. or from a reporter telling him and asking for his reaction.

stop being a muppet, people can say what they like here and be ridiculed, ignored or agreed with. it wont make any difference to Gus. as long as Bloom and the majority are behind him, he'll carry on. he's not new to this game.

Sorry, when did I describe it as the ONLY source?

I merely suggested its A source.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure I quite "get" the rather melodramatic thread title. Where exactly does it say Gus reads NSC ?

And even if he did, right now there are less than 600 people on NSC, most of them bored office workers, kids, geeks, flids, Palace fans and crackheads. Would he really be overly affected by the views and opinions of this tiny cross-section ?

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
"Maybe the fans just want us to kick it long win 1-0. I've got no problem, I'll go home."

From today's Argus.

So there you have it.

It appears that Gus is aware of some of the shit that gets posted on here and is heartily sick of it. Look at that last sentence -

"I've got no problem, I'll go home."

This is a clear sign that he is willing to walk if necessary. Gus is an emotional man, and a slightly over-the-top kneejerk reaction is not out of the question. He will have plenty of offers so would have no worries - employment-wise - about leaving.

So.... we are in danger of driving out one of the best managers this club has ever had.

I would suggest that you morons who keep moaning, and those wind-up merchants who do it for kicks (TCB et al) actually THINK before you post some of the drivel you do. Get the f*** over your own ego and think about the damage you could actually be causing to this f***ing club.

Whats the solution? I don't want NSC to become like a fascist state, but the future of this football club is more important than the feeling of a few worthless c*nts on a messageboard.

I am sick of this, and I am putting a request out to the mods to try and do something about it. Quite what, I'll be honest, I don't know.

this is so true.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Anyone who thinks he'll actually walk over some negativity from some fans is deluded. He's signed a 5 year contract, has a chairman who is backing him all the way, is building something special for the future. Do you really think he'll just throw that away and walk because his sensibilities are offended by the doubters? Rubbish, he's been around enough clubs to know this happens everywhere.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Gus has done wonders and I'm so happy that he has commited to the long term development of the club.
He wont get everything right and there will be the odd bit of subjecture to how we play in some games and the team he puts out.

But is he saying he is bigger than the club and fans?

He needs to toughen up if he ever wants to manager at the highest level at a club with much more expectation and media interest than ours.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It appears that Gus is aware of some of the shit that gets posted on here and is heartily sick of it. Look at that last sentence -

"I've got no problem, I'll go home."

This is a clear sign that he is willing to walk if necessary.

This would be the first case ever in known memory of a manager resigning due to a couple of ill judged posts on a public message board during half term. Especially having just signed a 5 year contract.

I'd suggest he was more piqued that we won the aesthetic plaudits on Monday but Fat Sam got all the points.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I heard nothing but support for the team on Monday night. No "get it forward" bollocks, no boo's at half time or full time (other than for the ref), so where exactly IS all this negativity that is now apparently in danger of driving Gus away ? Because home and away, I hear nothing but support for the team.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Whether he does or he doesn't, WE support Gus and the team, and there are far too many people on here knocking everything, from transport, to pies, to every-f*cking-thing when we've never had it so good. It's about time the moaners took a good look at where we are and what we've got, and where we were 10-15 years ago. I, for one, am still pinching myself to make sure it's not a dream! NSC is a place for a good old debate etc... not just to moan about everything.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest I'd rather not have him if he is going to be so precious about HALF A DOZEN people on a message board :bigwave:

A more accurate thread title would be "can we stop moaning in case Gus stumbles across NSC and sees a few people having a pop; you know what he is like".

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think that at some point, we are far more likely to lose Gus over some hot tempered spat or other, than losing him as a manager to another club. I,m just enjoying him while he,s here, but an Argus headline of ..."Gus walks out" is only ever one day away.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I think that at some point, we are far more likely to lose Gus over some hot tempered spat or other, than losing him as a manager to another club. I,m just enjoying him while he,s here, but an Argus headline of ..."Gus walks out" is only ever one day away.

I don't think so. He's not Kevin Keegan!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"I'll go home". Meaning - "I'll walk."

The fans in the stadium get behind the team 100% and there is no booing at the matches, so what is he basing this statement on other than things he has read on here, or, more likely, things that have been fed back to him.

Do what? Of course he can hear things in the crowd - 'get it forward', 'stop fannying around at the back', f*** sake Dicker' etc. The acoustics are quite good, ya know.

Besides, what in the name of Eric Bristow's underpants smeg would Gus be doing trying to ascertain the opinions of a bunch of numpties on here for, anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here