Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus reads NSC and is starting to lose patience with the "fans".....

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
"Maybe the fans just want us to kick it long win 1-0. I've got no problem, I'll go home."

From today's Argus.

So there you have it.

It appears that Gus is aware of some of the shit that gets posted on here and is heartily sick of it. Look at that last sentence -

"I've got no problem, I'll go home."

This is a clear sign that he is willing to walk if necessary. Gus is an emotional man, and a slightly over-the-top kneejerk reaction is not out of the question. He will have plenty of offers so would have no worries - employment-wise - about leaving.

So.... we are in danger of driving out one of the best managers this club has ever had.

I would suggest that you morons who keep moaning, and those wind-up merchants who do it for kicks (TCB et al) actually THINK before you post some of the drivel you do. Get the f*** over your own ego and think about the damage you could actually be causing to this f***ing club.

Whats the solution? I don't want NSC to become like a fascist state, but the future of this football club is more important than the feeling of a few worthless c*nts on a messageboard.

I am sick of this, and I am putting a request out to the mods to try and do something about it. Quite what, I'll be honest, I don't know.

Oct 17, 2011
"Maybe the fans just want us to kick it long win 1-0. I've got no problem, I'll go home."

From today's Argus.

So there you have it.

It appears that Gus is aware of some of the shit that gets posted on here and is heartily sick of it. Look at that last sentence -

"I've got no problem, I'll go home."

This is a clear sign that he is willing to walk if necessary. Gus is an emotional man, and a slightly over-the-top kneejerk reaction is not out of the question. He will have plenty of offers so would have no worries - employment-wise - about leaving.

So.... we are in danger of driving out one of the best managers this club has ever had.

I would suggest that you morons who keep moaning, and those wind-up merchants who do it for kicks (TCB et al) actually THINK before you post some of the drivel you do. Get the f*** over your own ego and think about the damage you could actually be causing to this f***ing club.

Whats the solution? I don't want NSC to become like a fascist state, but the future of this football club is more important than the feeling of a few worthless c*nts on a messageboard.

I am sick of this, and I am putting a request out to the mods to try and do something about it. Quite what, I'll be honest, I don't know.

Blame Rev.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Stop away fans from pisstaking. Stop "Gay" chants. Stop criticism of the manager.

I take it that it's okay to point out that you are making yourselves look silly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nowhere has it been suggested that Gus reads or is aware of anything on NSC. You've made that part up.

But, I agree with the sentiment.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So Gus takes into account what a significant minority think. Really?? REALLY? Or is this sensationalist drivel from a journalist asking "some fans are not happy with x, what do you say to them" then step back and watch Poyet RANT.

Because if I was a journalist (and Im not but if I was) thats exactly the sort of question I would ask as its GOOD COPY.

With say 20,000 at the AMEX NSC is an even SMALLER section of support than it was at Withdean when we had 8000 or nearer 6500.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exactly the same words he used last season when we had a dodgy result and a few idiots started moaning.

Nothing new here.

Some people on here have no idea how lucky we are at the moment.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
And I'm sorry but if Gus does happen to read NSC and he doesn't have sufficient backbone to take a couple of criticisms then he is not going to make it as a football manager and should porbably fcuk off.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What a knee jerk reaction, where did you glean he reads NSC from that?

It's not NSC, there are plenty of the 'lump it forward' brigade in the stands too, and their voices are more easily heard.

Remember Bournemouth at home last season where the 'cogniscenti' were also bellowing out the same, and Gus reacted identically.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Every well supported club that has as active a forum as us will have attention seeking bellends on there too. Any player of manager would be ridiculously thin skinned to take too much notice.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
So Gus takes into account what a significant minority think. Really?? REALLY? Or is this sensationalist drivel from a journalist asking "some fans are not happy with x, what do you say to them" then step back and watch Poyet RANT.

Because if I was a journalist (and Im not but if I was) thats exactly the sort of question I would ask as its GOOD COPY.

With say 20,000 at the AMEX NSC is an even SMALLER section of support than it was at Withdean when we had 8000 or nearer 6500.

Truth

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Nowhere has it been suggested that Gus reads or is aware of anything on NSC. You've made that part up.

But, I agree with the sentiment.

"I'll go home". Meaning - "I'll walk."

The fans in the stadium get behind the team 100% and there is no booing at the matches, so what is he basing this statement on other than things he has read on here, or, more likely, things that have been fed back to him.

I worked for the club briefly back in the early noughties and trust me, people at the club DO read NSC. Martin Perry talked about it openly in front of me and Paul Camillin. Gary Hart has several hundred posts to his name, as does Guy Butters/Guy Butters wife, as well as the Press Officer Paul Camillin (who also discussed NSC in my presence). You think some of the current players and management don't read it ever?? Wouldn't you be intrigued if you were a pro footballer??

So whether Gus sits on his laptop at night and reads NSC is neither here nor there. Does some of it get fed back to him? Fairly likely.

Don't forget when he got stroppy with the fans in The Argus about the treatment of Navarro in his early days. No one was booing or abusing Navarro at matches, so what else other than NSC could he have been talking about it?

To think that no one at BHAFC reads NSC and that it isn't occasionally discussed around the club is astonishingly naive.

"I'll go home"..... he's pissed off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ah, so this is the only source of fan opinion and the only place he might hear decent.

he wont hear it from the crowd, or the odd comment in hospitality, or from the Argus comments. or from a reporter telling him and asking for his reaction.

stop being a muppet, people can say what they like here and be ridiculed, ignored or agreed with. it wont make any difference to Gus. as long as Bloom and the majority are behind him, he'll carry on. he's not new to this game.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's not NSC, there are plenty of the 'lump it forward' brigade in the stands too, and their voices are more easily heard.

Remember Bournemouth at home last season where the 'cogniscenti' were also bellowing out the same, and Gus reacted identically.

I do, but also think it's a bit of a silly thing to say by Poyet, why does he feel the need to make a point to a few spotty herberts in the stands? I realise this is probably just muck raking by the local press.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I LOVE the football we're playing under Gus but if this quote is in context then I'm also getting a bit bored with his "it's my ball and I'm going home" threats. I know he's a motor-mouth but he really should stop and think for a bit longer sometimes. So he may be aware of some of the rubbish on here, and I'm sure he hears some of the nonsense shouted at matches. He should also be aware enough of the chants of "Gus Poyet My Lord" and the volume of positive remarks here and elsewhere to keep it all in proportion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here