Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet Said We Have Spent 70% of our Transfer Budget Already

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We do need a few late signings.I am just disappointed to think at the moment we are weaker than we were last season.Couldn't beat Rochdale at home,i cant stand the thought of another season of disappointing home results.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
We do need a few late signings.I am just disappointed to think at the moment we are weaker than we were last season.Couldn't beat Rochdale at home,i cant stand the thought of another season of disappointing home results.

HOW MANY f***ing TIMES. WE ARE BETTER THAN LAST SEASON THE FOOTBALL IS BETTER THAN WE HAVE PLAYED FOR YEARS, WE ARE ONLY THREE GAMES INTO THE SEASON AND THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS STILL OPEN. I am sick of brainless posts like this. And yes I meant to use caps I am shouting at you. Moron.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
HOW MANY f***ing TIMES. WE ARE BETTER THAN LAST SEASON THE FOOTBALL IS BETTER THAN WE HAVE PLAYED FOR YEARS, WE ARE ONLY THREE GAMES INTO THE SEASON AND THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS STILL OPEN. I am sick of brainless posts like this. And yes I meant to use caps I am shouting at you. Moron.

More ott than the post you're criticising! Poor blokes only saying disappointed with results to date. And so is poyet. Perhaps you've been blinded by the sun shining out of our mangers arse?!! Even he's stated all is not how he wanted it to be at this stage. Calm down.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The only thing that is going to spoil our dream is knob head supporters and comments like you have put here !....it TAKES TIME to change. Things dont happen overnight . The standard of football compared to 12 months ago is unrecognisable. The infrastructure of the club has changed...the team is changing.
And our dream is nearly a reality.
We can only pay peanuts because WE ARE A LEAGUE ONE team, with crowds of 6,000 ish.
Where the f*** do you think the money is ? (and dont say Tony Bloom). If it wasnt for him, the stadium would be a pile of metal and our club would be dying . Doesnt matter how much he has put into the stadium, there is still a wage budget and a transfer budget.
READ todays ARGUS !
Please.....get a reality check !

How does people having expectations, make them knob heads?

We have the best young manager in the league who as you rightly say has completely changed our style of play.

How do you know we can pay peanuts? We must be competing to a certain extent or our two biggest coups, Sparrow or Greer wouldnt have come

People have seen us bring in a playoff finalists captain who is no doubt one of the best league one defenders. A centre midfielder from Scunny who looks absolute class and a cut above. That shows ambition that backs up what Poyet and Bloom have said.

We have added good squad players who can look good in the starting eleven like Kish and Barnes.

Add that to existing players like Calderon,Painter and bennett, Dicker and we have a good team out there.

Thats why people have expectations, thats why people are being frustrated by the lack of movement in the final jigsaws....i.e goal scoring striker and the left winger position thats being very well covered by smith at the moment.

Even if we have 30% or 3% left....in my opinion the striker is paramount to success and this season we have the squad minus 2/3 to be in the mix...without them its a wasted chance to challenge and Poyet knows this too well.

If its a case of not spending now on a striker, I think its madness...and im not talking about 1 mil either!

Saying all this and all the ranting aside.....I love our new manager, I love our chairman, I love the fact I will be watching football at the amazing new staduim...but I still want a promotion season this year as I pay like everyone a good amount to watch us and of course I want success and do believe its acheivable.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Say it how it it's.:lolol:

The team is definitely better then last year apart from upfront.Your right about the fooball.It's the best i've seen in years and i believe Gus is squeezing that little bit more out of players then most managers we have had.

On the downside though,i was really buzzing leading up to the new season but i can't help feeling a tad frustrated and disappointed now with the window drawing closer.
We are so close to having a blinding squad.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
More ott than the post you're criticising! Poor blokes only saying disappointed with results to date. And so is poyet. Perhaps you've been blinded by the sun shining out of our mangers arse?!! Even he's stated all is not how he wanted it to be at this stage. Calm down.

Perhaps but I am afraid that the never ending barage of this kind of comment has totally ruined this board. As for being blinded etc, not at all, I am just not going to go on a message board at this stage of the season and start saying how disapointed I am its f***ing pointless. As a previous poster said the ridiculous expectations of some of our fans ruins my enjoyment of supporting this club.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand

Please dont say calm down ..... weve lost ONE MATCH....FFS ! We WON at SWINDON.
ITS A SHIT POST .....and just another ridiculous , mindless one .
If it was the very first one..ok.. Its not...its the umpteenth ,crap thread saying about the beginning of the season and results. WEVE PLAYED THREE GAMES.
IT ALL TAKES TIME

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Without Crofts ,Lual Lua,Forster i think we are slightly weaker than last season when you way it up.All the pre season to get a team together good enough to beat Rochdale at home and it didnt happen.I agree we are playing good football at times but as a season ticket holder i want results.SO f*** YOU TOO.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Say it how it it's.:lolol:

The team is definitely better then last year apart from upfront.Your right about the fooball.It's the best i've seen in years and i believe Gus is squeezing that little bit more out of players then most managers we have had.

On the down side though,i was really buzzing leading up to the new season but i can't help feeling a tad frustrated and disappointed now with the window drawing closer.
We are so close to having a blinding squad.

Your last sentence is the key here. Gus himself said after the Window closes he will be able to tell us where we are no sooner or later.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Without Crofts ,Lual Lua,Forster i think we are slightly weaker than last season when you way it up.All the pre season to get a team together good enough to beat Rochdale at home and it didnt happen.I agree we are playing good football at times but as a season ticket holder i want results.SO f*** YOU TOO.

Sparrow is better than crofts.....as for the other 2...they do need replacing!

In regards to a one off game at home to rochdale where we deserved the points....its not even worth discussing.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

I never said f*** you. The Rochdale game was one off, individual error actually had it not been for that we had a team that was capable of beating Rochdale with 10 men. As for Forster (bad influence) Crofts was replaced with Sparrow who is as good if not better and LuaLua did not play half the gmes at the end of the season anyway.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009

We have the best young manager in the league who as you rightly say has completely changed our style of play.

How do you know we can pay peanuts? We must be competing to a certain extent or our two biggest coups, Sparrow or Greer wouldnt have come

People have seen us bring in a playoff finalists captain who is no doubt one of the best league one defenders. A centre midfielder from Scunny who looks absolute class and a cut above. That shows ambition that backs up what Poyet and Bloom have said.

We have added good squad players who can look good in the starting eleven like Kish and Barnes.

Add that to existing players like Calderon,Painter and bennett, Dicker and we have a good team out there.

Thats why people have expectations, thats why people are being frustrated by the lack of movement in the final jigsaws....i.e goal scoring striker and the left winger position thats being very well covered by smith at the moment.

Even if we have 30% or 3% left....in my opinion the striker is paramount to success and this season we have the squad minus 2/3 to be in the mix...without them its a wasted chance to challenge and Poyet knows this too well.

If its a case of not spending now on a striker, I think its madness...and im not talking about 1 mil either!

Saying all this and all the ranting aside.....I love our new manager, I love our chairman, I love the fact I will be watching football at the amazing new staduim...but I still want a promotion season this year as I pay like everyone a good amount to watch us and of course I want success and do believe its acheivable.

We can only pay 'peanuts' because we have crowds of 6,000 ish. I think its obvious that if we could pay more wages, we would have got bigger and better players. Not sure thats rocket science..just common sense. (And its also what Gus has said today in the paper).

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009

And, also agree with much of what you say.... i am so excited about our future. I just get frustrated with people here who arnt seeing the whole picture !

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
And ooh la, Gus was such a good coach to me
And ooh la, then Albion just chewed him up, and spat him out
And ooh la, Gus was such a good coach to me
And ooh la, then Albion just chewed him up, and spat him out

Petty petty petty petty petty petty petty petty petty
Petty petty petty petty petty petty petty petty fans
Petty petty petty petty petty petty petty petty petty
Petty petty petty petty petty petty petty petty fans