Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet - right or wrong?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As things stand Evra , WEEKS after the incident , has come up with no evidence bar his own word ..

How do you know this? No one outside the FA knows what he or others have presented to them.

I am in no way jumping to conclusions when I suggest HBnB is incompetent when it comes to relaying simple facts. He demonstates it repeatedly. This was my point. HBnB should stay well away from this as I fear he will make matters worse. Give the tapes to someone else to report from, if there is extra context.

My apologies I thought you were referring to Poyet when you were talking about jumping to conclusions without all the facts!

Sent from New York Maximum Security Penitentiary

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We all know Gus puts his foot in it. After all Stains is more important than Palace...:facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How do you know bradders? There will be a hearing and the evidence will come out. What gus has done here is nail his colours to the mast of someone accused of racism and accusing the injured party of being a " cry baby" almost suggests in itself that something was said to evra.

If blatter is pilloried for his shite that he said, then gus if he is not careful will be tarred with the same brush.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Jesus that was painful listening why does gus get drawn into this absolutely no need.

Not covered himself in glory there

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As things stand Evra , WEEKS after the incident , has come up with no evidence bar his own word ..

This is hilarious, what is of meant to come up with, a recording of the incident on his phone hidden in his shorts!?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Gus should not have made those comments, he has made himself look like a total idiot. As someone said earlier, by all means back up your mate but there is no need for the 'cry-baby' comment, or his recollection of what he had to put up with in Spain. Given the furore over the John Terry incident, Blatter's faux pas his comments were extremely ill-advised, and the way that they have been reported makes it look like he is condoning racism, whether he actually is or not.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
How do you know this? No one outside the FA knows what he or others have presented to them.

I don't for a fact , but surely you would have thought United would have come up with evidence all over and shop and touting it all over the media IF this was the case?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting that the Poyet comment comes hard on the heels of the Blatter one. Now we all knew Blatter was a homophobic, sexist twat so it was no real surprise to find out he was a casual racist as well. But Poyet?

One of the the things that we, the British, should have learnt from all these incidents (Suarez, Blatter and Poyet) is that other countries and other cultures have different interpretations of what constitutes 'racism' and a 'racist'. An English player allegedly calls an opponent a 'black ****' and the police get involved. Blatter says that these incidents should be settled with a handshake and by-and-large the world seems to agree, certainly there doesn't appear to have been such an indignant response in other countries.

Are we out of step? Or just more civilised?

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
If that's how you see it, then fair enough.

Sounds like he is making a massive fool of himself to me. "You can't even say black anymore"

I've started a facebook group to get rid of Blatter but we are the only Country who seem to care! So like Gus says maybe its more to do with us!

He did not need to get involved tho.

What would Terry's excuse be? That is an Englishman to an Englishman.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't for a fact , but surely you would have thought United would have come up with evidence all over and shop and touting it all over the media IF this was the case?

even though the FA have asked both parties not to comment on the matter?

at the moment, only one of them is making any comments to the media...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Listening to Talksport - Top story quote "we'll hear more on this" Interview will be on website in a minute :facepalm:

FFS Gus, what was wrong with ees complicated ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here