Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus is trending on Twitter again!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
"I don't know in which world we are going to live in from now on people. People will accuse each other of anything.

"Suarez just arrived [in the Premier League] and there are things that he has to learn when you are in another country because they might be normal in your country but perhaps they are not considered that way in other parts of the world.

"I have tried to explain that we live with coloured people in Uruguay. We share different experiences with them. We play football, we share parties. We are born, we grow up and we die with them. We call them 'blacks' in a natural way, even in an affectionate way. That is the way we were brought up. We are integrated and there are no problems from either side.

"I've explained how the Uruguay people and the South Americans experience these situations with coloured people. I've been many years in England and I understand them. I know how to deal with it, but Luis has only recently arrived here."

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Well said, Gus.

If a black person doesn't like being called black, then he/she has a severe problem.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Just arrived in the PL, he;s had a contract with Liverpool for 9 months and before that played in Holland for 4 years. The idea that, as a adult with presumably many many hours outside of free time offered to him by the well payed job he has, he would have educated or learnt now that you dont use those words in this country.

Really beginning to dislike Poyet tbh.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
He is such an idiot. Cannot believe he has got embroiled in this again, his comments were awful the first time. Suarez has lived/played in Europe for years. "Evra is not a saint"...the insinuations it has for anyone who suffers racism is enough. I would sacrifice a box of Celebrations for him to shut up, preferably after apologising to anyone offended.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He is such an idiot. Cannot believe he has got embroiled in this again, his comments were awful the first time. Suarez has lived/played in Europe for years. "Evra is not a saint"...the insinuations it has for anyone who suffers racism is enough. I would sacrifice a box of Celebrations for him to shut up, preferably after apologising to anyone offended.

Agree completely, Bloom surely has to tell him to shut his mouth. He's dragging our Club into this dirt. FFS.

Jan 30, 2008
you're in the minority i would imagine , he's explained it from he's perspective and he's entitled to his opinions GET A GRIP !

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well done, Gus. Courageous and insightful.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is that really him tho. Thats alot for 140 characters on twatter or however many there is.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Just keep your mouth shut Poyet, every time he opens his mouth now I cringe and you don't refer to black people as coloured anymore either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here