Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus getting a hammering on talkSPORT

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like Adrian Durham has made it his 'issue of the day'.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
No surprise. An hour in to the show and it has been Gus Bashing. Im not sure how other stations are reporting this, if at all, but if its as bad as this gus, this will be a devil of a turd to flush.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I wouldn't worry too much about TalkSHITE or indeed Adrian Durham. It's not valid, logical opinions, it's about whipping up a frenzy so that people call in.

Don't be drawn into their silly little game.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I wouldn't worry too much about TalkSHITE or indeed Adrian Durham. It's not valid, logical opinions, it's about whipping up a frenzy so that people call in.

In some ways that is an astute observation, however, the more mud that gets thrown, the more the chance it will stick and without debating the merits of what Gus has said or otherwise, it is a detraction to him, the players, club and fans.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I know it's not much in the way of compensation, but at least we haven't got frigging 'Goughie' sticking in his two-penneth-worth today.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Talk Sport is complete bollocks and Adrian Durham is a complete wanker,all he does is to try to play Devils advocate to wind people up and get them to `phone in to make more money for Talk Shite,and as for that twat Gough,he just talks total shit out of his fat Northern arse.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Talksport is pathetic. If they want to stir it up for a while to make more money from the dunces that listen to them and react, then fine. But please don't take them seriously and treat it as the widely accepted view

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Has he been given a hammering? I've been flitting in and out all day and allot of people have been supporting him.

Woman from Brighton did him no favours though!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's interesting, don't you think, that Poyet is on the back of all the papers for his comments in support of Suarez, but no mention of Kenny Dalglish, who has said all along he backs his player despite knowing what he said.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's interesting, don't you think, that Poyet is on the back of all the papers for his comments in support of Suarez, but no mention of Kenny Dalglish, who has said all along he backs his player despite knowing what he said.
The difference being nobody can understand Dalglish, to make that call.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The difference being nobody can understand Dalglish, to make that call.

:thumbsup:

In all seriousness though, can someone tell me what's different about what Dalglish has said?

No surprise that shock jock Durham was trying to whip up anti Gus feeling - he sounded disappointed as guest after guest refused to condemn Gus and most said he had a point of view that was worth listening to.

Durham seems to have an issue with the Albion, along with several other clubs, which has rankled him since the Zamora days.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Exactly. Pre-meeting for Durham/Gough show.

Producer "So for this afternoon's show Adrian is going to be against and you're going to be pro Darren. Okay?"
Durham: "Do I have to? I'm always against."
Producer: "Okay, okay. Darren, you okay being 'against' for this show?"
Darren: "Err against what?"
Producer: "Oh yes, sorry, today's it's (insert hot topic here)"

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Durham supports posh.......he has the hump that CMS signed for Brighton......plus he's an idiot......Gough is the voice of reason on their show ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here