Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus getting a hammering on talkSPORT

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hi Drew :wave:

No that is not what I am saying. In a constitutional republic people still vote for their representitives.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

- Thomas Jefferson

In a democracy if the will of the majority is that you have no rights, then you have no rights. Sorry.

In a constitutional republic, it can be the will of 99% of the people that you have no rights, but you still do.

I hear what you are saying but that is not reflected in the real world. Surely it would depend on the constitution as to what majority is required to alter the constitution. Furthermore, once you have elected your representatives, you are therefore at their whim, ie take the USA, you have a senate and a congress who can pass legislation but that is not necessarily the will of the people. The only truly representative form of government would be where every issue is voted on by the electorate but that would obviously be impracticable.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I hear what you are saying but that is not reflected in the real world. Surely it would depend on the constitution as to what majority is required to alter the constitution. Furthermore, once you have elected your representatives, you are therefore at their whim, ie take the USA, you have a senate and a congress who can pass legislation but that is not necessarily the will of the people. The only truly representative form of government would be where every issue is voted on by the electorate but that would obviously be impracticable.

Yes but they take an oath to defend and uphold the constitution. Legislate away, as long as you are not in breach of the constitution.

Granted, in the US they only pay lip service to their oath, but they have the idea right. In fact if only the elected representitives in the US honoured their oath of office to uphold the constitution, that country and indeed the world, would be in better shape for it.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Yes, and every utterence from him is reported by Talksport as if it were a pearl of wisdom rolling down from Mount Olympus.

absolutely. A man with the educational prowess of a zygote. It is laughable.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
For me definately one of the bigger gobshites in football. Perhaps he's trying to raise his profile or something but this has f*** all to do with him. I remember last season when he complained bitterly just coz our rearranged fixture away to Plymouth was apparently at the wrong time, even though we were annoyed in the first place that the fixture was moved at all - and Albion were already champions. Again, nothing to do with him.

I'm pleased our manager has miles more dignity than your oil bag foreign manager

And of course your Saintly fans did'nt call Gus a 'foriegn Monkey' did they?...Oil bag foreign manager....your words...that's not racist then....holier than thou springs to mind!!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
And of course your Saintly fans did'nt call Gus a 'foriegn Monkey' did they?...Oil bag foreign manager....your words...that's not racist then....holier than thou springs to mind!!

Oilbag isnt a racist term. Are you one of those people that use the race card when something doesnt go your way, like losing 3 nil for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here