Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus confident of 2 more signings

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I wish! After last weekend's performance I don't think he will be considered a fringe player any longer. Both he and Cox have taken their chances well when they came which is bad news for anyone sniffing around them.

No, I still think our two "confident" signings are most likely to be Vokes and Jara but as Gus clearly views him as a full back I'm still wondering about a big midfielder. Will we sign three? I think we might...........................

....and all three down to the wire?? its bloody dragging isnt it?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
....and all three down to the wire?? its bloody dragging isnt it?

Gus was hinting on Monday that we might complete the two he is confident of before Newcastle but you're right, not something you would hold your breath for given our track record

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Although it's been stated that the financial windfall from the upcoming Newcastle game won't filter down to Gus for transfers, it's conceivable that if we pull off another win and a decent draw that the purse strings will be looser at the start of next week, although it's cutting it very fine.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
...................for those who have trumpeted him as a realistic target, Kevin Davies is wanted by Sunderland, West Brom, and Wolves (source SSN)

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
And i think that is the problem. We are competing with teams in our own league for players, but also teams in the premieship. Most players want as much money as poss, and the prem clubs can offer more than we can. We have a good squad as it it, yes it needs more depth, but it is good enough for this league, and think about the dropped points this season from winning positions, Blackpool, leeds, palace to name a few. Strange, but if performances on the pitch are good, and the league position gets better, we will become more attractive to these players and actually need them less.

Stumpy Tim

That midfielder Coventry have on loan would be mustard. Scored against us, and the only player they had who looked decent.

But I still think it will be Reyes and Vokes or Kitson. I know we're told his wages are too high, but unfortunately I still think Gus might pull it off

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not bothered ultimately but I wish Gus would just not say anything about transfers at all, particularly that he's confident as it just creates expectations which might not be met.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone but Kitson. I'm sure I would somehow but right now I can't imagine supporting that twat.

And if he does sign, I'm going to wear a ginger wig, just to piss him off. I'm surrounded by gingers anyway where I sit so it's no big deal.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I can think of 10 strikers(realistic) that I would rather have then Kitson

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
For those who mentioned him as a possibility it looks like Raheem Sterling may be on his way to West Ham on loan for the remainder of the season

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
If any of the players mentioned in this thread get signed by Gus then frankly he is throwing Tonys money away,apart from Jordan Rhodes that is, But Tony probably isn`t looking to spend that kind of money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here