Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus accuses Grant Hall?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
To be fair, when i was 20/21, i would have quite happily gone and worked for the company next door if i thought i could sit in the back room getting paid 3x as much.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
f*** me I didn't realise quite how many of our fans were ready to have snide digs and pops at Gus. If we don't win comfortably this afternoon this place is likely to become Binfest Central.

Unbelievable how quick people are to turn, and there was me really enjoying this season so far
:shrug:

Regarding Hall, I'm sure I've read somewhere that we released him once and then asked him to come back? Maybe he isn't quite as enamoured with the club as fans seems to expect him to be, when they're not blaming Gus of course.

It's the same few saying the same things over and over though.
It just seems a lot.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Quite a few turned a long time ago, if they were ever pro Gus to start with. There are not that many to be honest, they are just all over the board like a rash. Did you not see the Binfest on here after the first 2 games?

Except it was 15/16 games though? You cannot get away from our relegation form at the end of last season, or Swinedon.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He does not get the game time to score his record with us before coming to the 1st team was good,he is on the bench if Gus had bollocks he would bring him on at 60 minutes if McSmudger has again failed to score by that time

Mutts nutts states poyet has no bollx ..I can c a headline there somewhere

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
To be fair, when i was 20/21, i would have quite happily gone and worked for the company next door if i thought i could sit in the back room getting paid 3x as much.

There is that, but it is not really showing much ambition. Realistically, he is not going to get anywhere near the first team any time soon. Suspect he will end up at a League 1 or 2 club in a couple of years at best, which will be a great shame.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He does not get the game time to score his record with us before coming to the 1st team was good,he is on the bench if Gus had bollocks he would bring him on at 60 minutes if McSmudger has again failed to score by that time

And what exactly was his record before coming to us (don't forget to identify the league he was playing in!)

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Unbelievable..... Track record with youngsters?

Has instigated the development squad with a view to nurturing younger players rather than plunging them in the first team to fail when they are not ready.

Toby, JFC and Lewis Dunk haven't suffered from this approach and he's only been manager a few years. How many 'youth' or 'developmental' players are you anticipating breaking through?

I believe Grant Hall has been incredibly badly advised. He played last year and displayed real promise, he would have been knocking on the door this year..... So he'll find himself possibly in the Spurs development squad or 'stiffs' going nowhere for a further year. I know where I'd rather be, gaining experience with the first team even if its on the bench.

Physically you should not play younger players week in week out due to fatigue on their joints leading to longer term problems, I think Gus has got this side about right at the moment......

I take the points you have made,but perhaps Hall did not fancy warming the bench or going out on loan to heaven knows where.The prospect of joining one of the top teams in the country,who obviously rate him and will more than likely pay him more than we do,would surely have deserved some consideration from an ambitious young footballer.
Yes,he may well still go out on loan whilst with Spurs,but I don't think he can have a lot to lose by joining them.
None of us know what goes on inside the club,but my guess is that Gus's man management can sometimes be awry and it may be that despite instigating a development squad etc.etc.,his style does not suit everybody.
By the way what is Gus accusing Hall of?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Except it was 15/16 games though? You cannot get away from our relegation form at the end of last season, or Swinedon.

I am not going there again - I have seen your views about this all week. Personally, I am less worried so far this season as I was last, as we are now creating loads of chances. Whatever - will will see what happens today - I am more confident than ever and may up my prediction to 10 - 0!!

There are a few posters on here that will slag Gus off no matter what happens.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I am not going there again - I have seen your views about this all week. Personally, I am less worried so far this season as I was last, as we are now creating loads of chances. Whatever - will will see what happens today - I am more confident than ever and may up my prediction to 10 - 0!!

There are a few posters on here that will slag Gus off no matter what happens.

Even a good win today, against a team with 11 injuries, will not prove that we are promotion candidates though will it?

I agree we look better, but that needs to be turned into results. Without additional players, we WILL stay in this division.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
He would not have had a lookin,McSmudger still ain`t scoring and Adgestein has to watch him from the bench,when Gus does bring him on it`s with a minute to go.

Total horseshite

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I am sorry, but I share Gus' frustration. I do worry that the delay is giving others too much of a head start, and making promotion an even bigger task.

I think we all share Gus' frustration. The quality he wants comes at a price - too high a price it would appear so far. I believe that he will get the quality he wants at some point, it may just not be right now. If that means that we are unlikely to push for promotion this year, then so be it.

What I don't want him to do is panic and waste his budget on any old crap that is available just to fill up the squad a bit.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I am sorry, but I share Gus' frustration. I do worry that the delay is giving others too much of a head start, and making promotion an even bigger task.

Is it just me who, although hoping for an outside shot at promotion, would nevertheless be quite content with another top half finish? When did we become a club for which anything except promotion is a failure?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here