Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus accuses Grant Hall?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He would not have had a lookin,McSmudger still ain`t scoring and Adgestein has to watch him from the bench,when Gus does bring him on it`s with a minute to go.

I see you are still using that pathetic nickname for CMS. As for Agdestein and Forster Caskey, both signed long term deals in the summer so I doubt they are going anywhere. Also, I seem to remember everyone saying we needed a new centre half last season when El Abd and Elphick were injured and Gus being happy to use Dunk. It is just possible that he and the backroom staff have a better idea of when young players are ready for regular first team action than you or I.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
codswallop.

Gus has appalling way of treating our younger players, after we had won the title we had 4 dud games, Dunk featured in none of them although close to 1st team as we saw soon as next season started.
Caskey played v well in all games up to Newcastle, we won 4 out of 5 Gus blamed the 7 to 5 subs rule, now it's back & he's a year older he's shipped out when we have worse on the bench
Quick George Barker is our highest scoring reserve striker but never makes the 7 when we have no other goalscorers on it

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus has appalling way of treating our younger players, after we had won the title we had 4 dud games, Dunk featured in none of them although close to 1st team as we saw soon as next season started.
Caskey played v well in all games up to Newcastle, we won 4 out of 5 Gus blamed the 7 to 5 subs rule, now it's back & he's a year older he's shipped out when we have worse on the bench
Quick George Barker is our highest scoring reserve striker but never makes the 7 when we have no other goalscorers on it

shhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,you can't say that. He is the Massiah, didn't you know?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Personally I believe the JFC will benefit more where he is than sitting on the bench where some think he is the answer to all our prayers....maybe one day he will be..but not yet

As regards to Dunk not playing in those four games ..hardly say they that is a case of appalling treatment but hey ho

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Can't blame Hall at all for going.
Possibly Gus's track record with younger players did not fill him with confidence.
May well be on a much larger 'wedge' with Spurs as well.
Good luck to him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Personally I believe the JFC will benefit more where he is than sitting on the bench where some think he is the answer to all our prayers....maybe one day he will be..but not yet

As regards to Dunk not playing in those four games ..hardly say they that is a case of appalling treatment but hey ho

How about fronting Dunk out in training and blaming him for the West Ham defeat at home last season. Then not even taking him on the coach to Forest(I think it was)...That's pretty appalling treatment, in front of all the other players, i'd say.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dunk isn't playing because he's made more mistakes than El-Abd in preseason games. Agdestein has been promoted to the first team squad, and Forster-Caskey is getting valuable experience at Oxford. That's hardly appalling treatment. Hall has chose to sit in the back room of Spurs rather than on our bench. He's getting more money and that's about the extent of it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How about fronting Dunk out in training and blaming him for the West Ham defeat at home last season. Then not even taking him on the coach to Forest(I think it was)...That's pretty appalling treatment, in front of all the other players, i'd say.

You were an eye witness to this, or is it some rumour you want to repeat to reinforce your opinion of the manager?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dunk isn't playing because he's made more mistakes than El-Abd in preseason games. Agdestein has been promoted to the first team squad, and Forster-Caskey is getting valuable experience at Oxford. That's hardly appalling treatment. Hall has chose to sit in the back room of Spurs rather than on our bench. He's getting more money and that's about the extent of it.

Stop being so utterly reasonable. This is a thread for those with designs on becoming NSC's new Ernest, only they're not quite funny enough to pull it off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can't blame Hall at all for going.
Possibly Gus's track record with younger players did not fill him with confidence.
May well be on a much larger 'wedge' with Spurs as well.
Good luck to him.

Unbelievable..... Track record with youngsters?

Has instigated the development squad with a view to nurturing younger players rather than plunging them in the first team to fail when they are not ready.

Toby, JFC and Lewis Dunk haven't suffered from this approach and he's only been manager a few years. How many 'youth' or 'developmental' players are you anticipating breaking through?

I believe Grant Hall has been incredibly badly advised. He played last year and displayed real promise, he would have been knocking on the door this year..... So he'll find himself possibly in the Spurs development squad or 'stiffs' going nowhere for a further year. I know where I'd rather be, gaining experience with the first team even if its on the bench.

Physically you should not play younger players week in week out due to fatigue on their joints leading to longer term problems, I think Gus has got this side about right at the moment......

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Gus would have farmed him out on loan or had him warming the bench coming on wirh a minute to go,He is not very good at motivating our younger players,the dictator will be crying his eyes out shortly when a premier league team come in for Jake and possibly Adgestein

You are either deliberately entertaining or completely deluded. Yes, Jake is likely to attract attention but Adgestein! He hasn't scored and to be honest doesn't really look like scoring when he has come on, albeit late in the game. We still seem to be waiting for all these prem clubs to come knocking on Brezovan's door!!!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Stop being so utterly reasonable. This is a thread for those with designs on becoming NSC's new Ernest, only they're not quite funny enough to pull it off.

I thought this was a footie forum where people discussed football and the Albion,it seems to me that to have the wrong opinion is frowned upon but to discuss having a shit is ok

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
You are either deliberately entertaining or completely deluded. Yes, Jake is likely to attract attention but Adgestein! He hasn't scored and to be honest doesn't really look like scoring when he has come on, albeit late in the game. We still seem to be waiting for all these prem clubs to come knocking on Brezovan's door!!!

He does not get the game time to score his record with us before coming to the 1st team was good,he is on the bench if Gus had bollocks he would bring him on at 60 minutes if McSmudger has again failed to score by that time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
f*** me I didn't realise quite how many of our fans were ready to have snide digs and pops at Gus. If we don't win comfortably this afternoon this place is likely to become Binfest Central.

Unbelievable how quick people are to turn, and there was me really enjoying this season so far :shrug:

Regarding Hall, I'm sure I've read somewhere that we released him once and then asked him to come back? Maybe he isn't quite as enamoured with the club as fans seems to expect him to be, when they're not blaming Gus of course.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
f*** me I didn't realise quite how many of our fans were ready to have snide digs and pops at Gus. If we don't win comfortably this afternoon this place is likely to become Binfest Central.

Unbelievable how quick people are to turn, and there was me really enjoying this season so far :shrug:

Regarding Hall, I'm sure I've read somewhere that we released him once and then asked him to come back? Maybe he isn't quite as enamoured with the club as fans seems to expect him to be, when they're not blaming Gus of course.

Quite a few turned a long time ago, if they were ever pro Gus to start with. There are not that many to be honest, they are just all over the board like a rash. Did you not see the Binfest on here after the first 2 games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here