Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully's Christmas Party - SUPERB...!!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Absolutely brilliant. Massively well done to all involved. Thank you very much.

Came away with one very happy four year old (the same one I took along!), free chocolates, Mr Men books, a pile of signed programmes, balloon reindeer, and a camera full of photos including the CMS money shot...

Very, very difficult to get right - there will no doubt be negative stories on here later - but for us it was perfect.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Navarro, Sparrow, Lua Lua and Vincelot are there too.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Yes it was a brilliant event. I saw the face paint stamps/balloons/programmes etc and thought "here we go how much am I going to fork out here!" but it was all free! Even some games consules for the previous complainants. Team were really great with the kids and bazarrely even reindeer at the party!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Yes it was a brilliant event. I saw the face paint stamps/balloons/programmes etc and thought "here we go how much am I going to fork out here!" but it was all free! Even some games consules for the previous complainants. Team were really great with the kids and bazarrely even reindeer at the party!
Although (so as not to confuse!) the consules were just to use - not being given away! - now that would have been something!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Very good afternoon - we enjoyed it too - as you say very hard to get right but it was great free chocolates - mr men books - programmes - well happy x

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Absolutely brilliant. Massively well done to all involved. Thank you very much.

Came away with one very happy four year old (the same one I took along!), free chocolates, Mr Men books, a pile of signed programmes, balloon reindeer, and a camera full of photos including the CMS money shot...

Very, very difficult to get right - there will no doubt be negative stories on here later - but for us it was perfect.

I used to love going to these at The Triangle in Burgess Hill... this sounds like a great effort by the club. Happy days indeed!

and Happy Christmas to Gariani jnr! :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It was good and the kids enjoyed it but we didn't see any free chocolates, Mr Men book or programmes. We did see balloons but having queued 45 minutes to get in, the kids were not really into queuing.

But there were plenty of football games for them to do and they did get to meet CMS - and I have a lovely pic of them to prove it.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Sounds like a great do. Well done to all involved. Presumably the cards were mainly red.

Did the bin lids get to sing that famous carol "Ark now ear" as well?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Free chocolate balls were being given out by the gorgeous Gullys girls who were with Gully on the sleigh.

The Mr Men books were at the rocking horse appeal stand - they had lucky dip stuff to but I think they ran out of teddys early on but it didn't matter! We queued up to see Potty Pete the pirate who made Millie a huge twisty flower wand -

It was busy - a nice glass of mulled wine would have gone down a treat cos it was chilly waiting outside but you can't have it all!!!

Happened to be up there doing some xmas shopping at the ground and didn't realise this was on until chatting to the club photographer. Everyone coming out looked happy. Saw Brez and Casper and CMS all driving away, but too late to catch a photo :( Few people amused that Kaz's car was blocking in someone who at first people thought was Gus, but turned out to be Michael Poke...at which point people lost interest!

Very, very difficult to get right - there will no doubt be negative stories on here later.

Already one from someone on a picture posted on the clubs Facebook page:

"well disappointed this year, freezing cold and no atmosphere whatsoever , missed 'Jack the lad', no raffle, only saw 5 players , need to sort something out for next year thats for sure !!!!"

However all the other comments have been positive so far as the majority surely will be. Best comment was easily this!

"Ankergren dropped my boys autograph book....no surprise there"

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
I can well understand the Facebooker. I am sure your average six year old Brighton fan would much rather buy a raffle ticket than get to meet a smiling CMS and have a photo taken with him.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I can well understand the Facebooker. I am sure your average six year old Brighton fan would much rather buy a raffle ticket than get to meet a smiling CMS and have a photo taken with him.
Very much THIS. CMS is officially a legend - he flashed his pearly smile literally thousands of times, with everyone as genuine and illuminating as the last - he was even able to make me feel OK about having made a gibbering twit of myself by thanking him for existing...

It would be invidious to choose between the players present as to who was the most friendly but CMS, Kazenga and Alan Navarro made a particularly good impression on us (it was a nice moment telling Navarro that Moshe Jnr's No.8 shirt was a tribute to him...!).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
well disappointed this year, freezing cold and no atmosphere whatsoever , missed 'Jack the lad', no raffle, only saw 5 players , need to sort something out for next year thats for sure !!!!"

As a five year old, would you be more interested in your football team's star striker or some balding "comedy" sidekick from the local commercial radio station?

I think somebody is missing the point here...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here