Guess Whos Back

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

TOUGHMAN said:

Martin Perry does a lot of work behind the scenes agreed ALL FOR HIMSELF. He does not give a flying fig about the Albion hes in this to better his name as a saviour just for him.

TOUGHMAN

You sir, are a cock.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

TOUGHMAN said:
And Im sure crap like this does bore you WHY?? Because youre scared of the truth!!!!!

TOUGHMAN

Err yeah. That would be the reason. Well done :rolleyes:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

TOUGHMAN said:
How can you ask me to back a manager who has won so few games over the last 50 or so? Who as we all see last year made some complete pathetic decisions during and before matches. Who lost the changing room 25% into the season? Who is no longer respected by some of our senior players? AND because the Chairman is gutless kept his job and may have been given a bonus for doing so?????

Dick Knight I agree saved this club!!!! However that was yester year things have moved on since then and now we have a chairman who is not preparred to put his hand in his pocket and help the club out when it was needed????

CKR might be a fine talent however we DO NOT play in the comference where he would find his level. The guy cant head the ball and very quickly needs to learn what the off side rule is

Martin Perry does a lot of work behind the scenes agreed ALL FOR HIMSELF. He does not give a flying fig about the Albion hes in this to better his name as a saviour just for him.

And Im sure crap like this does bore you WHY?? Because youre scared of the truth!!!!!

TOUGHMAN

Firstly, suggesting Dick Knight got a bonus for keeping McGhee on as manager is disgraceful. The only financial element was a club with little money not having to pay two managers next season.

With Mark McGhee, as said so many times before, we have limited resources. It may bore people like you to hear this but we cannot afford large transfer fees. We brought in £2 million last summer on transfers and spent very little. Stoke, as an example, paid £1 million for a striker (Bangoura). We did very well to stay up in this division in the first season.

All this rubbish about McGhee losing the dressing room is a joke. Do you often go into the dressing room and hear players complaining. We put in some good performances late on especially at Ipswich and Millwall. McGhee may have lost Knight, Kuipers and McCammon but we can live without them if they decide to sulk. Next season we will have funds comparable with other teams in the league and a manager who has been promoted from that league three times. So yes, I do suggest that you back him.

Dick Knight did save this club and the lack of multi-millionaires waiting outside the club offices suggests that he is the best option. He has done wonders for this club and will take us to Falmer. I cannot comment on Martin Perry as you seem to be fully aware of his role although I very much doubt he is only working for his own good when I am sure he could get paid more elsewhere.

Finally, yes CKR is not perfect. He is 19 years old and if he was the finished article he would not have signed for us. He does have potential for the future so why not support him and not attack him.

I tell you what does scare me. The fact that people like you actually say stuff like that and seem to believe it.

Last edited:

Why do all the Magoo/ DK outers always accuse everyone that doesn't agree with them of being scared to do so? This argument (used by toughman and TM's loan spell on this thread) is just about as desperate and pathetic as you could stoop.

TOUGHMAN

Oct 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

Finchley Seagull said:
Firstly, suggesting Dick Knight got a bonus for keeping McGhee on as manager is disgraceful. The only financial element was a club with little money not having to pay two managers next season.

With Mark McGhee, as said so many times before, we have limited resources. It may bore people like you to hear this but we cannot afford large transfer fees. We brought in £2 million last summer on transfers and spent very little. Stoke, as an example, paid £1 million for a striker (Bangoura). We did very well to stay up in this division in the first season.

All this rubbish about McGhee losing the dressing room is a joke. Do you often go into the dressing room and hear players complaining. We put in some good performances late on especially at Ipswich and Millwall. McGhee may have lost Knight, Kuipers and McCammon but we can live without them if they decide to sulk. Next season we will have funds comparable with other teams in the league and a manager who has been promoted from that league three times. So yes, I do suggest that you back him.

Dick Knight did save this club and the lack of multi-millionaires waiting outside the club offices suggests that he is the best option. He has done wonders for this club and will take us to Falmer. I cannot comment on Martin Perry as you seem to be fully aware of his role although I very much doubt he is only working for his own good when I am sure he could get paid more elsewhere.

Finally, yes CKR is not perfect. He is 19 years old and if he was the finished article he would not have signed for us. He does have potential for the future so why not support him and not attack him.

I tell you what does scare me. The fact that people like you actually say stuff like that and seem to believe it.

You remind me of some many people who sit in the South Stand... As soon as someone gets up and has a go at something because (lets face it we did play sh1t last season) they are not happy, youre one of the ones who say "Oi shut up and sit down youre not allowed to have a go at anything you disagree with"

Trust me when I say McGoo lost the dressing room last season. I am in a fortunate position to find out a lot of what goes on at the club each week.

The fact that McGoo blew the Coca Cola money on a player for the future when we needed experience shows what a complete muppet he is.

I do feel sorry for CKR it must be hard to have 3000+ laugh at you every time you go to head the ball, every time ur nearer to the opposition goal than the defenders, every time your strike partners is so far away from you in order to call him you use the phone.

DK should have given McGoo 25% of the 2 million we got for the transfers. Even then they knew the palns were wrong and the lines drawn were in the wrong place. I wonder what Rolf Harris does these days perhaps he can help Perry and his muppet show to dran the lines in the right place????

What funds will we have compared to the other clubs????? Face it as the sponsor says were skint DK wont put his hand in the long pockets again this season I think thats 3 seasons on the trot now???

TOUGHMAN

Oct 7, 2003
Stinky Kat said:
Out of interest what is in Martin perrys job description?

Martin Perry
Job Title IM IN THIS FOR ME AND ME AND ME ALONE. I dont care if they dont get the ground!!!!!

TOUGHMAN

Oct 7, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Why do all the Magoo/ DK outers always accuse everyone that doesn't agree with them of being scared to do so? This argument (used by toughman and TM's loan spell on this thread) is just about as desperate and pathetic as you could stoop.

What is desperate or pathetic about it???

Fact 1
McGoo should have been sacked for winning 5/6 odd games in 50 or so. Any other club in our position would have sacked their manager

Fact 2
DK can do nothing else with this club and should accept this and stay on the board but not control the whole thing

TOUGHMAN said:
What is desperate or pathetic about it???

Fact 1
McGoo should have been sacked for winning 5/6 odd games in 50 or so. Any other club in our position would have sacked their manager

Fact 2
DK can do nothing else with this club and should accept this and stay on the board but not control the whole thing

Your opinions about the club are your own, but suggesting others are too scared to voice them is complete and utter bollocks.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill

TOUGHMAN said:

I think your very, very wrong on that one.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

bew4194 said:
I think your very, very wrong on that one.

Just that one? Wow. You're generous.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Stinky Kat said:
Out of interest what is in Martin perrys job description?

Well, considering he is the chief executive I would guess that his job description is similar to that of the chief executive of any company.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

TOUGHMAN said:
You remind me of some many people who sit in the South Stand... As soon as someone gets up and has a go at something because (lets face it we did play sh1t last season) they are not happy, youre one of the ones who say "Oi shut up and sit down youre not allowed to have a go at anything you disagree with"

Trust me when I say McGoo lost the dressing room last season. I am in a fortunate position to find out a lot of what goes on at the club each week.

The fact that McGoo blew the Coca Cola money on a player for the future when we needed experience shows what a complete muppet he is.

I do feel sorry for CKR it must be hard to have 3000+ laugh at you every time you go to head the ball, every time ur nearer to the opposition goal than the defenders, every time your strike partners is so far away from you in order to call him you use the phone.

DK should have given McGoo 25% of the 2 million we got for the transfers. Even then they knew the palns were wrong and the lines drawn were in the wrong place. I wonder what Rolf Harris does these days perhaps he can help Perry and his muppet show to dran the lines in the right place????

What funds will we have compared to the other clubs????? Face it as the sponsor says were skint DK wont put his hand in the long pockets again this season I think thats 3 seasons on the trot now???

This is my last post on the matter as we are clearly not going to agree. I do sit in the South Stand but I do not have a go at people when they stand up. However, constant abuse of players (especially young players) like CKR and Hendo is counter productive.

The fact that Mark McGhee (calling him McGoo or the Lardy Jocko Clown is immature, pointless and undermines your argument) signed CKR shows he wanted to stay at Brighton for the long run. He did not sign a 'has been' who might have been good for 1 or 2 seasons. He showed his ambition for the Albion's future by investing in a young player with great potential. By the way we were never going to get a proven Championship striker for £250k transfer fee, ignoring the wages issue.

We will have quite good players comparatively in League One. Our budget and crowds will be competitive with most teams and not many teams will have £1 million strikers (for example).

I realise that you have the right to say that but I also have the right to say that you are talking crap. I do not agree with everything that Mark McGhee and Dick Knight have done but they are by far the best options at the moment.

Or are you hoping that Abramovich and Mourinho will decide they would like to spend some time on the South Coast :lolol:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Ernest said:
All the wankers who simply answer with a yawning smilie know it's the truth so cannot do anything but post a stupid f***ing smile.
Why not answer with facts as it is true what the potless prick has done with the season tickets ?

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here