Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess Whos Back

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Rangdo said:
Well, considering he is the chief executive I would guess that his job description is similar to that of the chief executive of any company.

Which is?

What does a CEO. I am not being arsey, I just wonder what they do and how that differs from the Chairman.

Genuine question

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You know Posters like Toughman just spout attention seeking crap to see how much he can wind people up. Its sad that such a pathetic action can obviously give so much pleasure to such an insignificant person.

Ignore him and maybe he'll shrivel up and go away.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

Rangdo said:
Just that one? Wow. You're generous.

I can see reasons to be angry at McGhee and not everyone thinks CKR is amazing. But to blame Martin Perry who has been excellent in trying to secure our future by planning Falmer is attention seeking.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

Finchley Seagull said:
He did not sign a 'has been' who might have been good for 1 or 2 seasons. He showed his ambition for the Albion's future by investing in a young player with great potential. By the way we were never going to get a proven Championship striker for £250k transfer fee, ignoring the wages issue.

Not that I agree with Toughmans stance on most things, I would say that here is a point in fact stated by you that gives the impression you know something we all dont.

One could use the argument that it would have been better in the long run to have signed a "has been" who would hopefully have kept us in the division and negated the panic now on when it has suddenly hit people that we are going to lose something like £1m TV revenue, coupled with the drop in gates next year ( common sense disctates that the away following of divi 1 clubs are not on a par with championship clubs) which will affect MM's budget for new players which IMHO will be zero.

Were we never going to get such a player....have you hard evidence we couldnt......you see what I am getting at?

Toughman and his ilk have every right to question what is going on at the club...you have, I have and it would be a very sad day indeed if that debate was stifled. We fought many wars to be where we are and questioning the likes of Archer and Bellotti was the corner stone to that.

Remember it is getting near 10 years since we last played at the goldstone and we are at the present time no nearer to getting a permanent home than we were 5 years ago. We have no idea whatsoever what the government are now going to do....Ruth Kelly may well say ...Nah feck off LDC are right....we dont know.

We have finished the season a month ago...( after Sheff Wed) yet there are players still usure what their futures are...what sort of a mickey mouse club does that make us look like.......would you come and play here?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Stinky Kat said:
Which is?

What does a CEO. I am not being arsey, I just wonder what they do and how that differs from the Chairman.

Genuine question

"the "chief executive officer" is (usually) the singular organizational position (other than partnerships, etc.) that sets the direction and oversees the operations of an organization."

"Job Title: Chief Executive
Function:

· To implement the strategic goals and objectives of the organization
· With the chair, enable the Board to fulfill its governance function
· To give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization's philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives
Reports to: Board of Directors
Major Functions/
Accountabilities:

1. Board Administration and Support -- Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff, and supporting Board's evaluation of chief executive
2. Program, Product and Service Delivery -- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services
3. Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management -- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
4. Human Resource Management -- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
5. Community and Public Relations -- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders

6. Fundraising (nonprofit-specific) -- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation"

"PURPOSE
The Chief Executive is responsible for the performance of the Company’s businesses, as
dictated by the overall strategy agreed by the board of the Company and for maintaining
an ongoing dialogue with the Chairman and other non-executive directors.
REPORTING LINE
The Chief Executive reports to the board of directors of the Company
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Leadership
- To build and lead an effective executive management team
- To evaluate the executive management team
- To chair the executive committee
- To motivate and foster good relations amongst the executive management team
- To ensure that succession plans are in place for all key executives
- To represent the Company to the City, government, regulatory authorities, the media,
shareholders and the general public
Strategy
- To formulate and propose to the board for approval a corporate strategy for the group
which is directed towards the profitable growth and operation of the group
- To successfully communicate and implement the group’s strategy as agreed by the
board
- To develop and put in place strategic operating plans and budgets for each of the
group’s business units and central functions that reflect the longer-term objectives and
priorities of the board
Operations and controls
- To be accountable for the overall performance of the group’s businesses
- To take remedial action where necessary and to inform the board of any significant
changes
- To establish an appropriate structure for the group and its management
- To ensure appropriate and satisfactory systems are in place for monitoring group
performance against plans and budgets
- To put in place an effective system of controls throughout the group, covering nonfinancial
as well as financial controls
- To ensure that operating objectives and standards of performance are not only
understood but owned by management and employees
- To ensure that the Company and its businesses comply with all applicable legal and
regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practice
- To ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with
Communication and reporting
- To liaise with the Chairman and keep him informed
- To report to the board regularly on the operation of the Company’s businesses both at
board meetings and at other times
- To provide such information to the board as the board and the Chairman require in
order for the board to assess the performance of the business and the achievement of
the agreed strategy and budget
- To provide an appropriate and satisfactory system for financial management reporting
on a monthly basis
- To ensure that a system is in place for effective communication with the executive
management team and other employees
- To be responsible for all corporate communications and to plan and carry out an
effective programme of investor relations
- To ensure effective communication with shareholders, analysts and the media and to
respond appropriately to media and public relations issues
Management
- To monitor the actions of the executive directors
- To appoint, build and maintain an effective management team and to ensure that
remuneration packages are appropriate and adequate
- To be responsible, overall, for all dealings with company staff and their appointments
(the exception will be executive directors, where the Chief Executive will make his
recommendations)."

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

Dies Irae said:

We have finished the season a month ago...( after Sheff Wed) yet there are players still usure what their futures are...what sort of a mickey mouse club does that make us look like.......would you come and play here?

Nope wages, stadium, facilities :bla: :bla: :bla:

But seriously you are right. Thats not the issue. Its the fact that we couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery. Players all talk to their mates. Probably word got out that the manager is a prat as well. Thats why they dont come here.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Rangdo said:
"the "chief executive officer" is (usually) the singular organizational position (other than partnerships, etc.) that sets the direction and oversees the operations of an organization."

Thank you Rangdo

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

Dies Irae said:
Not that I agree with Toughmans stance on most things, I would say that here is a point in fact stated by you that gives the impression you know something we all dont.

One could use the argument that it would have been better in the long run to have signed a "has been" who would hopefully have kept us in the division and negated the panic now on when it has suddenly hit people that we are going to lose something like £1m TV revenue, coupled with the drop in gates next year ( common sense disctates that the away following of divi 1 clubs are not on a par with championship clubs) which will affect MM's budget for new players which IMHO will be zero.

Were we never going to get such a player....have you hard evidence we couldnt......you see what I am getting at?

I do not have information that you do not. However, I believe that, logically, no proven Championship striker would have signed for us. They cost more than £250k in general and, if out of contract, a proven striker would have gone to another club. This is due to our situation rather than Knight and McGhee. People might find it boring, but the stadium and our income will be issues until we get a new ground.

I do not disagree with Toughman's right to say what he has said but it is my right to say he is speaking crap, in my opinion. This is not because I am blindly following the club but because my belief is that there are no alternatives that would do better. We need stability more than anything else at the moment.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Nope wages, stadium, facilities :bla: :bla: :bla:

But the fact that people use it as an explanation everytime the discussion comes up doesn't make it any more or less valid an argument does it?

TOUGHMAN

Oct 7, 2003

Finchley Seagull said:
I do not have information that you do not. However, I believe that, logically, no proven Championship striker would have signed for us. They cost more than £250k in general and, if out of contract, a proven striker would have gone to another club. This is due to our situation rather than Knight and McGhee. People might find it boring, but the stadium and our income will be issues until we get a new ground.

I do not disagree with Toughman's right to say what he has said but it is my right to say he is speaking crap, in my opinion. This is not because I am blindly following the club but because my belief is that there are no alternatives that would do better. We need stability more than anything else at the moment.

We could have bought at least 2 players with this money who have experience with the Championship who, we will never know could have helped keep us up.
Coupled with the transfer money of which the club have seen approximately ZIP we could have paid their wages for the season.
There was plenty of talent out there, once McGoo lost it people talk to eachother and I would love to know how many of the players we went after really thought he was the reason they never signed.
Ask the club how many people have bought season tickets this season at this time compared to last season. A lot of fans were so pissed off with the way the club went and played last season they will not be re newing again this year. That is their right to do that.
When you pay the rip off charges we do you expect a little something for your money.
For me the season was summed up as to how little respect the players have for McGoo in the Wednesday game. Tooth less tigers?? He should have been able to gear the players up for their cup final. HE FAILED
We all saw the result.

The club has gone backwards this season, and I feel unless something is done either on or off the field very soon the will be no silver clouds in the sky for us just black ones.

I dont post these types of things for attention, I like to voice what a lot of you are scared to. Freedom and all that

TOUGHMAN

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

I like to voice what a lot of you are scared to. Freedom and all that

TOUGHMAN [/B]

Scared ? No. Bored with people like you ? Very much so.

TOUGHMAN

Oct 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

bhaexpress said:
Scared ? No. Bored with people like you ? Very much so.

Typical.....

If you look behind you your toys have come out again bha

I can just here you talking to yourself

"That TOUGMAN hes out of order saying the things about the club. I mean if he supports them why does he say all these nasty things about the club"

You know why...Cause I can!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

TOUGHMAN said:
Typical.....

If you look behind you your toys have come out again bha

I can just here you talking to yourself

"That TOUGMAN hes out of order saying the things about the club. I mean if he supports them why does he say all these nasty things about the club"

You know why...Cause I can!

We've seen all this shit before, its not new its just as boring as you clearly are.

Get a life, do something original. At least Ernest is funny, you're just a joke.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

TOUGHMAN said:

I dont post these types of things for attention, I like to voice what a lot of you are scared to. Freedom and all that

TOUGHMAN

Scared ... what's there to be scared about.
Most people do post what they want, you only have to look at the McGoo threads to see that. People have been criticising DK for not getting players in and saying that the ground shouldn't be an issue. So what exactly have you posted that hasn't been posted before??? The fact that I do believe the ground effects players joining is neither here nor there, it's just my opinion. ( I was told this by an ex-player but ....)

To insinuate that apart from you everyone else on NSC are a bunch of cowards or fools is a crass, and quite frankly pathetic ... but if it makes you happy ....

:rolleyes:

I've always found that people who tell you they are hard or tough tend not to be (You don't have to use capitals .. we get the idea).... but if it makes you happy ...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Finchley Seagull said:
. We need stability more than anything else at the moment.

how is being relegated and our incoime falling by £1million stability?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Dies Irae said:
how is being relegated and our incoime falling by £1million stability?

Is it possible to miss the point as much as you have. Relegation was always likely whoever the manager was. McGhee did well to keep us up the first year.

Stability is keeping our manager for this season so that we don't get relegated again. With McGhee's record in this division we may even get promoted, or at least challenge at the top.

This compares to promoting our Youth Team coach to First Team manager and having no stability. I thought that would be pretty clear.

Also paying off McGhee while paying a new manager would also have helped stabilise the club wouldn't it.

Last edited:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

bhaexpress said:
We've seen all this shit before, its not new its just as boring as you clearly are.

Get a life, do something original. At least Ernest is funny, you're just a joke.

Are`nt you going to wish someone would beat the crap out him before he grows up.You do that with people whos opinion you don`t agree with don`t you.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

H block said:
Are`nt you going to wish someone would beat the crap out him before he grows up.You do that with people whos opinion you don`t agree with don`t you.

Only when they are ignorant shits like you are. Take a day off, stop wanking and stick the point and not your sheets.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess Whos Back

Finchley Seagull said:
Is it possible to miss the point as much as you have.

a tad patronising there...really clever well done you must be very proud

Relegation was always likely whoever the manager was. McGhee did well to keep us up the first year.

No it wasn't. We mullered teams last year without putting the ball in the net - Sheff Utd at home being a classic example. If we had someone to put the ball in the net we would have won certainly more games than we did which would I hazzard to guess kept us up. Hypothetical obviously but so it your argument

Stability is keeping our manager for this season so that we don't get relegated again. With McGhee's record in this division we may even get promoted, or at least challenge at the top.

No it isnt. Who is to say that if another manager was brought in, he would not have brought fresh impetus to the club?

This compares to promoting our Youth Team coach to First Team manager and having no stability.

Who is suggesting DW was to be promoted to first team manager, I certainly didn't.

I thought that would be pretty clear.

again, nice patronising statement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here