Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess Whos Back, Back Again - John Catt!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Seriously, this twisted old coffin dodger has been getting away with bloody murder for ages if you ask me.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** sake absolutely ridiculous. Indeed HB&B is right he should be going after the Estate Agents or Surveyors PI, and I bet that it was mentioned anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
f*** sake absolutely ridiculous. Indeed HB&B is right he should be going after the Estate Agents or Surveyors PI, and I bet that it was mentioned anyway.

You see, I think it should be more about personal responsibilty. You'd assume that when he was shown around the property, that he may have looked out of the WINDOWS, or maybe even went out into the GARDEN, which overlooks the Withdean pitch. You'd think he might have NOTICED it.

He might even have noticed the athletics track, and guessed that people might run around it occassionally. This fact has not stopped him subsequently COMPLAINING about the NOISE from school sports days. I shit you not.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
We got friends .....

After you're defence of De Vecchi I'd have thought you'd learnt to stop making unbelievable statements just to get a reaction :ohmy:

Anyway back to Mr Catt - doesn't he know there's a war on? Something much more valid for him to get his knickers in a twist over

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
At last. After a decade of searching and wondering I have finally found a good reason to be at Withdean. Thanks John, you've made my day. Do you know I may even ask for Falmer to be delayed just so we can stay another year! :wave:

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Also, an additional reason to create a better atmosphere at Withdean. Just imagine the whole crowd singing for 90 minutes.

I'm not sure which is more unbelievable, an "atmosphere" at Withdean, or this blokes "complaints".

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Can he not be sued for being a twat or something. Surely there must be grounds to counter him for hinderance of trade or something along some bloody line because he is just attention seeking & as Withdean was already in use prior to his arrival there must be a case of harrassment or something, distress caused to Albion fans who have been through enough trauma, I can't sleep at night with this hanging over us!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Brighton man vows to take noisy Seagulls fight to European courts From The Argus)

Brighton man vows to take noisy Seagulls fight to European courts
12:00pm Thursday 10th December 2009

Comments (1) Have your say »

By Tim Ridgway »

A resident living next door to Brighton and Hove Albion’s Withdean Stadium has vowed to take his fight against their noise to the European courts.

John Catt, whose home in Shepherds Croft, Brighton, backs on to the temporary ground, was finally defeated in his bid to get the club kicked out of the ground last month.

But despite being told to drop his complaints by London’s Court of Appeal, Mr Catt has told The Argus he will continue his efforts to get his case to the European Court of Justice (ECJ).

Mr Catt told The Argus: “The game is not over, this decision will go to Brussels.

“By rejecting my appeal for a reference to the ECJ, the Court of Appeal delivered a lethal blow to UK planning law and a deliberate snub to European Union law.”

Mr Catt complaints rested on his belief the athletic stadium’s use for professional football interfered with his enjoyment of his home.

He complained of light pollution, noise and traffic congestion on match days.

Mr Catt claimed Brighton and Hove City Council never subjected the club’s planning applications to an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) as required by European law.

In June ruling, deputy judge Sir Thayne Forbes rejected his fifth challenge to the temporary planning permission at the high court.

Mr Catt said: “If left unchallenged, it will result in numerous projects not being subject to assessment in cases when they should.

“The European Commission threatened the UK government with legal action in 2006. It held up its hands and promised to said it would issue draft guidance for the EIA.

“Sadly, it has failed to do so and British courts are continuing to flout EU law in this area.

“My lawyers will now be urgently requesting the commission to restart infringement proceedings against the UK government.”

Martin Perry, the club’s chief executive, said: “If he wants to try and change the law then that’s up to him.

“I hope the system does not support him.

“It is completely outrageous that he has been using taxpayers’ money [legal aid] to fund this and having been rejected five times, enough is enough.”

The club has temporary consent from Brighton and Hove City Council to continue playing games at the stadium until their new home at Falmer is completed in 2011.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
After you're defence of De Vecchi I'd have thought you'd learnt to stop making unbelievable statements just to get a reaction :ohmy:

Anyway back to Mr Catt - doesn't he know there's a war on? Something much more valid for him to get his knickers in a twist over

Every Saturday you can find the old twat outside Churchill Square or on Western Road by M&S protesting about something.

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't know why everyone is worrying this won't get through to Brussels prior to May 2011 anyway.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Dangerous precedent. The cost of defending themselves in court would probably prohibit most of our season ticket holders from renewing next year.

Add to that the weekly attendances at Selhurst Park, Fratton Park, anyone who watches X factor....the courts would be swamped!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mr Catt told The Argus: “The game is not over, this decision will go to Brussels".

This is the crux of it - he sees it all as a GAME. Never mind the fact that the country is hideously in debt, and public sector workers are losing their jobs. You just carry on spunking thousands of pounds of taxpayers money on your little game Mr C**t.

Blinding.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I don't know why everyone is worrying this won't get through to Brussels prior to May 2011 anyway.

Wouldn't it be funny/ironic if the courts ruled in his favour in June 2011 though? :falmer:

It's outrageous this poisonous & vindictive old twat can persistently bring these frivolous claims assisted by legal aid. Surely there must be cap? I thought the legal aid board looked at the merits of a case before dishing out taxpayers cash?

Anyone know?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
He really is a curmudgeonly old goat who probably chose that house because of all the exciting opportunities for him to moan. How much have all these legal proceedings cost for heavens sake? He sounds like a bored, cause hungry, bitter and twisted old so-and-so who can't stand anyone else enjoying themselves. Honestly, how the hell can you moan about excessive noise at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here