Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess Whos Back, Back Again - John Catt!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
You know 'some' people who stand behind the dug out shouting obscenities at the bench? Not because of the team's performance but because they have a crap job, no friends and their lives are empty and meaningless. It's easier to vent your anger at someone else than look at yourself.

John Catt is like that. So be comforted that his own life is/has been REALLY shit.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
In my younger years I ran in an athletics meet at Withdean (and won the 100m, so I've got about as good a record there as the Albion) and the races were started by the firing of a starting pistol. I wonder how he would have liked the regular sound of gunfire?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You know 'some' people who stand behind the dug out shouting obscenities at the bench? Not because of the team's performance but because they have a crap job, no friends and their lives are empty and meaningless. It's easier to vent your anger at someone else than look at yourself.

John Catt is like that. So be comforted that his own life is/has been REALLY shit.

Not so shit that he can afford a house in Withdean though - those aren't cheap.

Can the club not seek to have him declared a vexatious litigant? I don't what the criteria are but he must be close to meeting them.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Even if he won I doubt we'd be "kicked out of the ground" as he seems to hope. Presumably the council would just be forced to produce the assessment he seems to think they were obliged to in the first place and then reconsider the application. I can't imagine we would be refused planning permission, assessment or no assessment.

It's pretty aggravating to think that all this is costing the club and tax payer money. There is something seriously amiss with the legal aid system if this sort of case qualifies.

He needs to get himself a girlfriend.

People, people, calm down, calm down.

If he wants to go the ECJ then let him try (that is his right as a citizen). By the time it gets anywhere near the ECJ we will be long gone to Falmer.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
People, people, calm down, calm down.

If he wants to go the ECJ then let him try (that is his right as a citizen). By the time it gets anywhere near the ECJ we will be long gone to Falmer.
I think you miss the point. As you say he's got every right to go to the ECJ - but it should be at his expense not ours.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Perhaps a rousing chorus of "John Catt - John Catt" tonight will cheer him up.

JOHN CATT, JOHN CATT,
You're gonna DIE soon,
You old TWAT

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Yes - his case is against the council / local government, not the club. The club have not, and have never had to defend themselves against this underhand old scrotum. We do however, pay for it still on the legal-aid side.

As Hans said, a shameful waste of taxpayers money when the country is already deeply in debt and laden with unemployment. And this so-called do-gooder is wasting money on something that, even if he was to be successful, would last him 5 years max before he carks it.

Makes my blood boil.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Mr Catt just sounds like an old loon to me. He clearly has nothing in this life to be happy about, so uses all his time complaining and being the world's grumpiest old man. He should take up knitted or bowls or something!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here