Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grimest town/city you've ever visited.

Some strange choices on her, Dymchurch???? It's is hardly big enough to be a town and it does have the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway running through it plus a nice sandy beach.

Two nominations from me - Blaeneau Festiniogg North Wales, surround by slate tips and rain, have never seen so many different shades of Grey. Status seemed to be conveyed by how much crap you have dumped in your back garden. Believe it is/was the suicide capital of the UK and not surprising, fortunately only passed through on the way to somewhere nice.

Wick, North of Scotland. A dump, the whole town genuinely did close at 17:30, 5 minutes later the streets were deserted like a set from 28 days later or similiar. Were ignored for 10 minutes in a cafe that was otherwise deserted, I assume because we weren't Scottish or didn't have enough digits!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Gillingham.

If you want to know where 90% of the worlds broken white goods end up check out any of the unkepts front garden as you drive through the ghetto of bizarre looking six fingered people.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Bronx - really grim and cant see it ever changing, depressing

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Two nominations from me - Blaeneau Festiniogg North Wales, surround by slate tips and rain, have never seen so many different shades of Grey. Status seemed to be conveyed by how much crap you have dumped in your back garden. Believe it is/was the suicide capital of the UK and not surprising, fortunately only passed through on the way to somewhere nice.

Two ming towns were depressing, slate mining at Blaeneau Festiniogg North Wales, and tin mining at Pool near Camborne, Cornwall.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Liverpools inner suburbs are grim. Never seen so many houses with barbed wire round the back gardens, outside of Jo'burg.

Anyone who has seriously said Crawley need their heads examining.

Ordinairy ? Yes.

Grim? No

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
Dundee used to be really grim in the 80's when I lived there but much of it was bulldozed. So an immediate improvement. Middlesbrough is grim and dark too even in the daytime. Or maybe I should be braver and open my eyes next time I'm there.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sighthill, on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Coatbridge is pretty grim too.

I had the misfortune to spend a Saturday afternoon in Mansfield town centre once. The whole town was full of drunk, aggressive meatheads.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Easington, Co. Durham. An absolute shit-pit (minus the working pit).

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Cant believe nobody has said Dover............ what a hole!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Forgot about Gravesend. I saw rats in the street going through rubbish strewn round and the sight of toxic, polluting chimneys reminded me of Chernobyl. It's so bad that they decided to rename it Ebbsfleet to make it sound better. :lol:

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Bradford. I ended up in Bradford by mistake once, got out quicker than I arrived.

Noldi

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here