Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greetings

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Good afternoon fellow Seagulls

Obviously I'm a new poster, however I have been a long time fan. I was originally born in Brighton and followed the Albion until 1994 when I emigrated to the UAE. Whilst there I converted to Islam in 2002. Now I have returned and I intend to purchase a season ticket for next season (hopefully the waiting list goes down lol). Until then I will have to make do with getting to whichever games I can. So far I am yet to visit our new home.

I was mainly wondering if there is any other Seagulls who follow the teachings of Islam? Perhaps we could set up some sort of fan group?

P.S. I appreciate there might be some posters who have reservations about my faith and what it entails, so I would be more than open to answering any questions that might be asked.

Seagulls!

Welcome but, with repect, faith should not come into this as we are individuals who are hopefully interested only in the advancement of BHAFC as a football club.

I reckon that if you start off looking for others of a similar faith to yours, which I have no problem with, people may be suspicious of your motives so please leave that one alone.

Oct 18, 2011
Southwick.
Welcome but, with repect, faith should not come into this as we are individuals who are hopefully interested only in the advancement of BHAFC as a football club.

I reckon that if you start off looking for others of a similar faith to yours, which I have no problem with, people may be suspicious of your motives so please leave that one alone.

I appreciate and respect your comments. Infact I agree, and I hope posters judge me as a Brighton fan and not on my religious beleifs. That said I felt it nessacery to be open about what is quite a big aspect of my life (hence the username lol). I am not here to convert or lecture, or even discuss unless others wish to. That is why I said in my original post that I will answer any questions in this thread, meaning we can get it out the way! Then we can all concentrate on discussing what we are all about: supporting the best team in the world!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To save you wasting any more of your time Muslim Seagull - the game's up. Move on. Football fans are football fans full stop. You don't have Atheist Seagull, Flaming Church of Baby Jesus Seagull, Mormon Seagull, Jesuit Seagull etc. on here do we Southern Sid?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I appreciate and respect your comments. Infact I agree, and I hope posters judge me as a Brighton fan and not on my religious beleifs. That said I felt it nessacery to be open about what is quite a big aspect of my life (hence the username lol). I am not here to convert or lecture, or even discuss unless others wish to. That is why I said in my original post that I will answer any questions in this thread, meaning we can get it out the way! Then we can all concentrate on discussing what we are all about: supporting the best team in the world!

Good for you but be warned.... as anywhere in the world there are people who will be suspicious and will also take cheap shots at your faith (regardless of which faith you are). Ferring Seagull is right.. this is a Brighton thread and we all support the club. Its good to have a fellow Muslim on board but no one that I know wears their faith on their sleeve on this board. Best that way and then we can can concentrate on what unites us.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
To save you wasting any more of your time Muslim Seagull - the game's up. Move on. Football fans are football fans full stop. You don't have Atheist Seagull, Flaming Church of Baby Jesus Seagull, Mormon Seagull, Jesuit Seagull etc. on here do we Southern Sid?

Dont think this is Southern Sid so lets check with the moderators before we start accusing eh? If it IS Southern Sid then I will be the first demanding a banning.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Spot on

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Dont think this is Southern Sid so lets check with the moderators before we start accusing eh? If it IS Southern Sid then I will be the first demanding a banning.

I dont like religion in football, the Scots show what a mess it is. Dont know who the guy is just dont like the insertion of a religious ref, save it for the church keep it out of footy. Saying that it probably is a wind up!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I know a fair few Muslims and all of them who express an interest in football, almost without exception, support Liverpool FC.
Any reasons for this ?
Lots of them, also, give their birthdates as the 1st of January. Now, assuming there wasn't a sudden urge to mate in March, this presumably means something.
Can you throw any light on this ?

Oct 18, 2011
Southwick.
I know a fair few Muslims and all of them who express an interest in football, almost without exception, support Liverpool FC.
Any reasons for this ?
Lots of them, also, give their birthdates as the 1st of January. Now, assuming there wasn't a sudden urge to mate in March, this presumably means something.
Can you throw any light on this ?

I know what you mean about the Liverpool fans! Arabs love them for some reason. Sadly I don't have an answer, same with the January phenomena.

I have met a lot of brothers who follow Arsenal as well though.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Many more fundamental who are Middle eastern based follow the tradition of not having brithdays and not following the Gregorian (is that it) Calender so when forced to put Jan 1st down. Wouldve thought theyd know that in UAE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here