Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green's blocking Amex expansion plans? Steve Bassam

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Whether they admit to it or not, it's pretty obvious that the Green party is going to be against a stadium built on the downs. TLO trying to argue that THE GREEN PARTY isn't against the stadium or it's expansion is like me trying to argue that the Womans' Institute is supporting the relaxation of rape laws.

I just pissed myself at this comment hahah :lolol:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
. They've even broken the green policies they dreamed up to get elected as well as proposing council tax hikes and service cuts.

Will admit that I don't follow local politics as much as I should, but I was under the impression they were after making less service cuts than any other party would?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Bring back Mary Mears, that would solve everything. Honestly, I've never read so much shit on 5 pages. Thank christ for The Large One, not that anyone will listen of course.
Yours, a 'tree hugging' 'idiot'.

Dandyman

In London village.
Out of interest, does anyone know if Bassam is an advocate of handing over democratically accountable community schools to private business ?

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Maybe it's time to get a question into Parliament on this. We have 2 weeks until they all break up for Christmas.

At least one 'question' each week is set aside for questioning MPs of smaller parties such as the greens.

Cllr Kitkat is hitting back...

Twitter
This is exciting stuff.

It would appear that the Greens want to sell the site that the Albion want for car parking - in order to raise cash.

SteveTheQuipSteve Bassam
[MENTION=13823]jason[/MENTION]kitcat You haven't explained why you turned down the Albion's offer to build a new community centre & car park at no cost to the City.

jasonkitcatJason Kitcat
[MENTION=21687]stevet[/MENTION]heQuip We haven't because that was not the offer. We need to sell land now to release cash, temporary plan not best for anyone.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The singer of Scritti Politti is blocking Amex expansion plans? Why would he do that?

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
is completely spot on.

All those who thought it would be "cool" to have a Green MP and a Green council ought to be fcuking ashamed of themselves.
These yoghurt knitters have found that being in control of the council is a lot tougher than spouting off about park and ride slagging off the previous lot. They've even broken the green policies they dreamed up to get elected as well as proposing council tax hikes and service cuts. They can't blame anyone else because they have turned down some of the central subsidy as I understand it..

The MP is a waste of space in Westminster and now the locals tree huggers are set to fcuk up the biggest success story in the city for years. I'd risk a banning order by telling them they are a bunch of amateurish forking cants.

A waste of space in Westminster? Funny, the statistics suggest Caroline Lucas is actually rather hard working. From TheyWorkForYou: Hansard and Official Reports for the UK Parliament, Scottish Parliament, and Northern Ireland Assembly - done right

Has spoken in 74 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
Has received answers to 557 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.

Voted very strongly against increasing the rate of VAT.
Voted very strongly against university tuition fees.
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year.
Voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws.
Voted against replacing Trident.

Attendance:
307 votes out of 407 = 75.4%

Now you may have different views to her and her party but I think suggesting she is a waste of space in parliament is total nonsense. She was elected fairly to represent Brighton Pavilion and she's so far been sure to tow the party line, keep her promises and make herself heard.

I appreciate politics will ALWAYS divide opinion, but some of the vitriol reserved for the Greens on here is pretty pathetic in all honesty. And a great deal of it is hearsay. Fair enough if you don't agree with their policies and didn't vote them in, but don't start spouting nonsense to try and back up your own views.

The Green vote in Brighton has been increasing at every local election year on year. Do you really think that's due to change any time soon?

Last edited:

SteveTheQuipSteve Bassam
[MENTION=13823]jason[/MENTION]kitcat so in principle do you favour the expansion of capacity to 8,000 seats. That cannot be hard to say YES Too. Go on try the words

jasonkitcatJason Kitcat
[MENTION=21687]stevet[/MENTION]heQuip I support a successful #bhafc but yet to see details or a planing app so will see what they propose.

SteveTheQuipSteve Bassam
[MENTION=13823]jason[/MENTION]kitcat Ok but would you as a Green member support the extra 8,000 seats independent of planning yes or no.

We await the answer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why should he have to support an expansion, without seeing the case, when he needs to think of the wider effects and consider all people of the area?

Edit: OK. I am being thick. In principle...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's a personal opinion and one not that particularly adds to the debate, but I'd struggle to vote for anyone who gives that amount of attention to their beard when there is a planet to save and a car park to be built.

SteveTheQuipSteve Bassam
[MENTION=13823]jason[/MENTION]kitcat so in principle do you favour the expansion of capacity to 8,000 seats. That cannot be hard to say YES Too. Go on try the words

jasonkitcatJason Kitcat
[MENTION=21687]stevet[/MENTION]heQuip I support a successful #bhafc but yet to see details or a planing app so will see what they propose.

SteveTheQuipSteve Bassam
[MENTION=13823]jason[/MENTION]kitcat Ok but would you as a Green member support the extra 8,000 seats independent of planning yes or no.

We await the answer.
... and we now have a half-answer:-

jasonkitcatJason Kitcat
[MENTION=21687]stevet[/MENTION]heQuip I want the club to succeed. Let's see the details of the plans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here